2 Assisted Living Facilities in Wellsboro, PA
Also serving communities of Galeton, Canton, Millerton, Granville, Coudersport.
To help you with your search, browse the 1 review below for assisted living facilities in Wellsboro. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Wellsboro 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Wellsboro, call (855) 863-8283.
Assisted Living in Wellsboro, PA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Wellsboro
With easy access to nature parks and waterways, perfect for fishing and swimming, active seniors that love the outdoors may enjoy retirement in Wellsboro. This could be one of the reasons behind the broad elder population in this area, with 28.3% of residents being over 65 years old, some of whom could benefit from an assisted living facility.
Assisted living facilities (ALFs), in Wellsboro and throughout the state, are managed by the Department of Aging, Office of Long Term Living. There are three licensed assisted living residences in and around Wellsboro to help those with long-term care needs.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Wellsboro
- The Wellsboro area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Sailors Memorial Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Property Crime is very low in Wellsboro at 19.9, nearly half the rate of the national average of 35.4. Violent crime is even lower at 13.3, compared to the national average of 22.7, making it a very safe place for seniors who enjoy walking and staying fit.
- Wellsboro is less expensive than many areas of the nation with a cost of living score of 83.3, compared to the national average of 100, which may make this city more appealing for seniors on a fixed-income.
- Cold, long winters with lows of 14 degrees and an average of 51 inches of annual snowfall make Wellsboro a great location for snow-loving seniors. Seniors who mind the cold may want to seek out a facility that offers individual climate controls so they can stay warm, despite the weather conditions outside.
- Air and water quality are good in Wellsboro, which may be of interest to health-conscious seniors. The city ranks 75 for air quality and 82 for water quality, both considerably higher than the U.S. averages of 58 and 55, respectively.
- Seniors who don't drive can easily get around using the BeST Transit system, which also offers dial-a-ride services for elders and medical assistance transportation.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Wellsboro
Assisted Living Costs in Wellsboro
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Wellsboro
Medicaid does not directly cover the cost of assisted living services in Pennsylvania. Elders who qualify for SSI benefits may be able to use that money to cover their housing and care costs in an assisted living facility.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Wellsboro
Free Assisted Living Resources in Wellsboro
Assisted Living Communities in Wellsboro
Caring Star Winners in Wellsboro Area
The 10 Best Assisted Living Communities in Wellsboro Area
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Wellsboro
Review of Country Terrace
From what we've seen, the staff at Country Terrace is really good. If my mother-in-law needs anything, people are more than happy to get it. They didn't have as many people, and they didn't have as... Read more