4 Assisted Living Facilities in Wooster, OH
Also serving communities of Orrville.
The average cost of assisted living in Wooster is $3,415 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Wadsworth with an average starting cost of $3,000.
To help you with your search, browse the 27 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Wooster. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Wooster 4.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Wadsworth with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Wooster, call (855) 863-8283.
4 Assisted Living Facilities in Wooster, OH
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Wooster
Wooster is the county seat of Wayne County and is home to about 27,000 people, nearly 20% of whom are aged 65 and over. These seniors are served by the Akron Canton Area Agency on Aging, an organization that provides information about Medicare, continuing education programs and advocacy services, as well as one senior center.
Area seniors who are seeking local assisted living services have four facilities, also called residential care facilities, to choose from. In Wooster and throughout the state, these facilities are licensed by the Ohio Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Wooster
- In Wooster, seniors aged 65 and over who draw retirement income from pensions or retirement savings accounts can claim tax credits to minimize how much they pay in state income taxes. Social Security benefits are exempt from state income tax.
- The Wooster area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Wooster Community Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The overall cost of living in Wooster is about 5% below the statewide average and 15% below the national average. This may make local assisted living expenses more affordable for seniors with tight budgets.
- On a 100-point safety index, Wooster is rated 11, indicating that it is safer than 11% of U.S. communities. Compared to the rest of Ohio, it's crime rate is higher than 92% of other cities. Seniors may want to find an assisted living facility that utilizes modern security technology and has a secured outdoor common area.
Wooster's air quality is a little better than that of the average U.S. city, which may benefit seniors, especially those who have conditions like asthma. On a 100-point scale, the air quality here is rated 66, which is 8 points higher than the national average.
- Over the course of a year, temperatures in Wooster range from 18 to 83 degrees, making it slightly cooler than the average Ohio city. The city gets about 33 inches of snow, which is a little more than the national median and may be a concern for seniors who use mobility aids like walkers or wheelchairs.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Wooster
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Ohio
Assisted Living costs in Wooster start around $3,415 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Wooster and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Wooster
Ohio covers assisted living services in Wooster through the 1915(c) Assisted Living Program and the 1915 (b)(c) Managed Care Demonstration Waiver. Qualifying seniors may also pay for their care using the Residential State Supplement.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Wooster
Wooster and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Wooster, please visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Wooster
Wooster-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Ohio are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Wooster, OH
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Wooster
Review of Wayne Manor
My husband's mother is in Wayne Manor. We saw her I think in January or February, but they have kinda closed the place down, and now we're waiting until we get our shots to go see her again, which ... Read more
Review of West View Healthy Living
My mother is in West View Healthy Living and there are no problems. I call her on the phone all the time, I kinda stop by and have some meetings by the window. On the outside we can see in and talk... Read more
Review of Brookdale Wooster
I have been to Brookdale Wooster because we have a cousin there and we are real familiar with them, and I talked to them before. It was excellent and a really nice place. From family, everybody is ... Read more