Assisted Living Facilities in Loudonville, OH
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Loudonville, call (855) 948-3865.
Directory of Assisted Living Facilities in Loudonville, Ohio
Didn't find what you were looking for?
Caring's Family Advisors are here to help you with questions about senior living and care options.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Loudonville
The village of Loudonville is located in the north-central region of Ohio and is home to a little more than 2,600 residents, about 20% of whom are seniors. This village may be a good option for seniors who are seeking a cost-effective option for their retirement years. Its overall cost of living is nearly 10% below the statewide average and 20% below the national average, which may result in relatively affordable senior care options.
In Loudonville, seniors who need help with some daily living activities may transition to one of the village's two assisted living facilities. Like all of these facilities in Ohio, these facilities in Loudonville are officially called residential care facilities and are governed by the Ohio Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Loudonville
- Loudonville has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Ashland County Council on Aging Services, an organization that provides nutrition services, transportation and social activities for area seniors.
- Ohio seniors do not pay state income tax on their Social Security income, and while other types of retirement income are subject to taxation at the state level, there are credits available. This may make assisted living more affordable for Loudonville seniors.
- The Loudonville area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Kettering Samaritan Health Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Crime occurs in Loudonville at a slightly lower rate than in the average U.S. city, which may provide peace of mind to safety-minded seniors. On a scale of 1 to 100, the violent crime rate is 20.4 and the property crime rate is 33.6, both of which are a couple points lower than the national median.
- Compared to Ohio as a whole, Loudonville's weather is relatively cool with year-round temperatures ranging between 17 and 83 degrees. The village gets 32 inches of annual snowfall, which may be a consideration for seniors who use mobility aids like wheelchairs or canes.
- Loudonville's air quality rates 78 on a 100-point index, which is 20 points higher than the national average. Seniors with health conditions that are worsened by smog or particle pollution may benefit from the village's clean air.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Loudonville
Assisted Living costs in Loudonville start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Loudonville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Cities in Ohio
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Loudonville
Assisted living services for qualifying seniors in Loudonville may be paid for through the 1915(c) Assisted Living Program, the 1915 (b)(c) Managed Care Demonstration Waiver or the Residential State Supplement.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Loudonville
Loudonville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Loudonville, please visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Loudonville
Loudonville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Ohio are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page for more information about these laws.