4 Assisted Living Facilities near Ashland, OH
There are 4 Assisted Living Facilities in the Ashland area, with 3 in Ashland and 1 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Ashland is $4,088 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,450. Cheaper nearby regions include Mansfield with an average starting cost of $3,366.
To help you with your search, browse the 11 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Ashland. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Ashland 4.9 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Wellington with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Ashland, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Ashland, OH
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Ashland
Home to an annual balloon festival, rolling hills and small-town rustic charm, Ashland, Ohio is a relaxing, friendly place for seniors to call home. About 18.5% of Ashland's 20,000 residents are age 65 or older, and there are three assisted living facilities within city limits along with another in nearby Mansfield to accommodate this population.
Throughout the state, including in Ashland, assisted living facilities are regulated by the Ohio Department of Health and classified as Residential Care Facilities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Ashland
- Ashland has distinct seasons, including hot summers and winters that bring an average of 35 inches of snow per year. Families looking at assisted living facilities in the area should ask about what protections are in place to keep residents comfortable year round and the kinds of indoor activities provided during inclement weather.
- The Ashland area is home to world-class medical facilities, including University Hospitals Samaritan Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Ashland has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Ashland County Council on Aging, an organization that provides transportation services, legal services and local trips for seniors, as well as the Ashland Senior Citizen Center.
- Seniors living in Ashland should feel relatively safe. The city has a violent crime rating of 12.1, much lower than the national average of 22.7.
- For such a small city, Ashland has an impressive array of cultural activities for seniors. The Ashland Symphony Orchestra and Ashland Regional Ballet put on regular performances that seniors might enjoy.
- Ashland has a cost of living 19.7% lower than the national average. Healthcare costs, a particular concern for many seniors, are 21.3% lower than the average across the U.S., which can help local seniors on a budget manage their expenses.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Ashland
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Ohio
Assisted Living costs in Ashland start around $4,088 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Ashland and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Ashland
Medicaid-eligible seniors living in an assisted living community in Ashland may qualify for the Assisted Living Waiver program operated by the Ohio Department of Aging. This program covers room and board at a licensed assisted living facility for qualified seniors.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Ashland
Ashland and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Ashland, please visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Ashland
Ashland-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Ohio are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Ashland, OH
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Ashland
Review of Brethren Care Village
Brethren Care was the best place out of the ones we visited. The staff members were really helpful. The place was laid out nice. Everything seemed up-to-date and more modern when compared to other ... Read more
Review of Brethren Care Village
Brethren Care Village was nice and clean. They were professional, and that would be one to consider. It was well-kept and it was good. The shared room and single rooms were adequate. They had a lot... Read more
Review of Lutheran Village of Ashland
We placed our mom here after the loss of her husband/our dad, during a difficult behavioral phase of her dementia. The entire staff and their professional program continues to provide a very nice, ... Read more