The Waterford at Mansfield

Reviews of The Waterford at Mansfield

Assisted Living Reviews for The Waterford at Mansfield

September 21, 2016

By M. Ewrin

My mom has lived here for awhile, now that she needs some medication management we have seen how they truly treat people. Horrible!!!! I'm moving her immediately. I can't believe how they spoke to my mother, especially for the money shes paying, terribly rude, disrespectful, uncaring!

November 25, 2015

By Anonymous116020650

The Waterford at Mansfield was huge and offered different levels. They had van rides that took the residents different places. The tour uide was not there the day I visited, but the staff was very nice and answered all of my questions. The facility was very clean.

February 16, 2015

By Clarence9

The Waterford at Mansfield is really nice. The only problem with them is that they are controlled by a religious community. They have everything you desire in an apartment. I have nothing against religion, but I don't like the religious aspect. They have everything you could want as far as activities, but the only thing is they should advertise that they are religious based. Everybody is nice. They are well trained, and they know their product well.

December 23, 2014

By Caring103320450

I chose Waterford because of the dining facility, they do not have a schedule, and before supper they have a restaurant that’s open from 11 to 6 pm so you can go in anytime. It also has a nursing facility around the clock.

April 11, 2014

By Mary Alice2

Waterford at Mansfield is a lovely place. I have been in their dining room, which is lovely. The food is very good, and it is nice and clean. The rooms are a little bit smaller, but other than that they are fine. I had a friend who is a resident, but she passed away now, but I know she played a lot of bridge and cards of some sort.

August 21, 2013

By Bev4

The Waterford at Mansfield was exceptionally clean. My sister and I went for a visit since we looked for a place for our parents. We had lunch there and the food was excellent. The apartments were really nice and they had a lot of activities for the residents. If I had to put someone in a facility, it would be there.

Independent Living Reviews for The Waterford at Mansfield

Questions about The Waterford at Mansfield

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at The Waterford at Mansfield. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The Waterford at Mansfield is a premier assisted living community for seniors 65 and older. Our residents come from all walks of life and each have their own amazing stories to share. Many residents are from Mansfield, OH and surrounding areas. The average age of our community is 80 years old. Residents enjoy live entertainment, local shopping trips, an array of in house and off site activities and a magnitude of dinning options.

What programs or activities does The Waterford at Mansfield offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Residents of The Waterford at Mansfield enjoy schedules social, educational and recreational program, designed to challenge as well as entertain. Activities include daily, group exercise, trivia, bingo, live entertainment, music, arts and crafts, and card games in our activity center. Residents can enjoy our in house, resident operated Wren Store for all their personal and holiday needs.

What places are near The Waterford at Mansfield or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

With easy access to Highway 30 and Interstate 71, we are close to historic downtown Mansfield and the Mansfield Lahm Regional Airport and are less than 70 miles from Cleveland and Columbus. Our community is within walking distance to the AppleSeed Shopping Center where residents can enjoy trips to Kroger MarketPlace and The Dollar Store and many more! The historic Carrousel District hosts a shop-hop on the first Friday of each month that you can enjoy. Nearby: Hospitals: OhioHealth Mansfield, Avita Ontario, Samaritan Regional Pharmacies: CVS, Kroger, Walgreens, Rite Aid Restaurants: Hudson and Essex, Rancho Fiesta, Granter’s Grinders Bagels, Sweeney’s American Bistro Shopping: Appleseed Shopping Center, Kroger MarketPlace, Holly’s Book Rack, Richland Mall, Hobby Lobby, Family Dollar

What transportation services does The Waterford at Mansfield offer to assisted living residents?

Enjoy our courtesy transportation to medical appointments Monday-Wednesday. Other appointment availability can be arranged per request on a case by case basis.

What makes the chef or dining program at The Waterford at Mansfield exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Serving balanced meals with a side of fun. You choose the menu and the time! Enjoy open dinning with three restaurant-style meals daily in our elegant dining room. Residents have the option to choose from multiple entrees every day or pick something off the A La Carte Menu. Meals are served by the professional, friendly wait staff, and our meals are as delicious as they are nutritious. Hosting a celebration or have a special occasion? Our private dining room is offered for complimentary use.

What safety features or security measures does The Waterford at Mansfield offer to assisted living residents?

Safety is of the utmost importance to us here at The Waterford. All residents have access to our nursing care team 24/7- 365. We provide medical device pendants enabled with location identification should an emergency arise. The community also features a Wander Guard system for confused, exit seeking residents. All exterior doors lock at 7pm and require a key to get in.

How does The Waterford at Mansfield keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Communication is key. Families are notified by phone, email and semi monthly newsletters to keep them up to date on community happenings. Check us out on Facebook to keep current with our daily activities and happenings!

If The Waterford at Mansfield accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We accept small dogs and cats. Your furry friends will enjoy our multiple, grass landscaped areas and accessible walking paths around the perimeter of our community.

What safety features or security measures does The Waterford at Mansfield provide to protect residents who wander?

The community offers a Wander Guard system to protect at risk residents.

Photos of The Waterford at Mansfield

• Check
  • Payment Options Extra: None

• State Licenses: #2657R

About The Waterford at Mansfield

Many of our residents would tell you that the truth is they were lonely at home. Many of them had no way to get any where. Families were busy or had moved away for jobs. It was all too easy to lose touch. They "used to" play cards or enjoy music, "used to" go out for lunch. Moving to the Waterford not only gave them the chance to do those things on a daily basis, it filled up their life again. They enjoy companionship, great conversations, share memories of family, introduce grandchildren......enjoy a card game, bingo or a bus trip to really neat places. At the Waterford, you can get your flu shot, vote and get your taxes done. You won't believe all the services.

We know it's a scary proposition to make a big change in your life, to do something really different but everyone in this world deserves to have new horizons......, no matter what your age, where you've always lived, what you've always done. Life is still about new opportunities and challenges . That is our promise and mission and it is as important to us as it is to you.

The Waterford.......Independent Living at its Finest...... where you're friends are.

Map of The Waterford at Mansfield