2 Assisted Living Facilities near Madison, OH
There are 2 Assisted Living Facilities in the Madison area, with 1 in Madison and 1 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Madison is $3,000 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,360.
To help you with your search, browse the 15 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Madison. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Madison 3.8 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Geneva with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Madison, call (855) 863-8283.
1 Assisted Living Facility in Madison, OH
1 Assisted Living Facility near Madison, OH
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Madison
Review of Lantern of Madison
Understaffed facility that does not take the time to truly listen to the family when considering the needs of the resident. If your loved one is not combative, calm and easy going, he/she will do f... Read more
Review of Lantern of Madison
Not really delighted with this facility, recently heard from my family members that my parent with Dementia/Alzheimer's who has resided there as resident for some months now, was able to walk righ... Read more
Review of Lantern of Madison
Lantern of Madison was a lot bigger than other places, but it didn't seem as homey. It was a lot more clinical than it was at the other community. I believe we would have to bring our own furniture. Read more
Assisted Living near Lake County, OH
More Options Near Madison, OH
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Madison
A variety of things make Madison, Ohio an excellent place for seniors looking for a place to retire, including Madison Township Park along the banks of Lake Erie, the Senior golf league at the Madison Country Club and the close proximity to Interstate 90. This picturesque village is less than an hour from Cleveland for those seeking the amenities of a larger city.
Regulated by the Ohio Department of Health Licenses, assisted living facilities in Madison are often referred to as residential care facilities (RCFs). They contain 17 or more residents who require supervision and personal care with the administering of medication and skilled nursing servings. There is one RCF located within Madison and one close by in Geneva.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Madison
- The Madison area is home to world-class medical facilities, including University Hospitals Madison Health Center, in the vent of medical emergencies or illness.
- Madison has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Lake County Council on Aging, an organization that provides home-cooked meals, personal shoppers and medical equipment as well as at least two senior centers.
- LakeTran Dial-A-Ride provides door-to-door shared rides to and from medical appointments and for other outings. The reservations must be made in advance, and seniors qualify for either reduced or subsidized fares.
The North/Eastside Senior Coalition is a Catholic Charity that also offers shopping trips and transportation for individuals 60 or older in the Madison area.
- Seniors on a budget will find Madison an affordable place to live. Based on the U.S. average of 100, the cost of living in Madison is 91.9, which is just slightly higher than the state’s average of 88.
- For seniors who enjoy a long walk in the park or getting outdoors on their own, the crime rate in Madison is lower than the national average. On a scale from one (low) to 100 (high), Madison ranks 23.1 in violent crime compared to a national average of 31.1, and property crime is ranked 19.3. The national property crime rate is 38.1.
- The summer high in Madison is around 81 degrees and the low in January is around 20. This makes this small city ideal for seniors who have a hard time tolerating the heat. The city gets approximately 75 inches of snow each year, which is much higher than the national average of 26 inches.
Paying for Assisted Living in Madison
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Ohio
Assisted Living costs in Madison start around $3,000 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Madison and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Madison
Ohio's Medicaid Waivers called The Assisted Living Program and MyCare, which is also referred to as the Ohio Integrated Care Delivery System, help cover assisted living services in a residential care facility. These state-funded programs are available for Medicaid-eligible seniors who require institutional care. Available as a monthly supplement, these programs are used in conjunction with the senior’s regular monthly income or subsidies from other family members.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Madison
Madison and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Madison, please visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Madison
Madison-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Ohio are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page for more information about these laws.