5 Assisted Living Facilities near Anderson, IN

Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Anderson, IN

Caring Star 2021

Keystone Woods

2335 N. Madison Avenue , Anderson, IN 46011
"My dad has been a resident here for almost a year and a half. He’s made a lot of friends here. He’s become much more social living here than when he lived in his home alone. The staff has been..." More
Let Freedom Ring! Call this community to learn how you can save this month! Ends in 7 days

Sugar Fork Crossing

1745 East 67th Street, Anderson, IN 46013
"My mother was in Sugar Fork Crossing, and it was a very nice place, very nice facility. My sister said they really treated Mom very, very well. I think their care from what I heard was really..." More

Anderson Primrose

1118 W. Cross Street, Anderson, IN 46011
"We found a place for my mom here in Anderson, and it is called Anderson Primrose. We love it, and it's perfect. We like everything about it. We visited both assisted and independent living. It's..." More

Bethany Pointe Health Campus

1707 Bethany Rd, Anderson, IN 46012
"I loved Bethany Pointe, it was my first choice. I visited both assisted and independent living. The staff was wonderful. They gave us a loaf of bread that I want to make, but I would rather have..." More

Rawlins House & Fall Creek Retirement...

300 Jh Walker Dr, Pendleton, IN 46064
"Rawlins House & Fall Creek looked clean. They offer three meals a day and assistance with anything you need. The staff was very friendly. The girl I met was great. The nurses at the nurses'..." More

What to Consider About Assisted Living in Anderson

Anderson, located in Madison County has a population of 55,342 and is home to Anderson University. Seniors looking to reside in this area will find five assisted living facilities in Anderson and two nearby. The Indiana Department of Health licenses and regulates assisted living ffacilities in the state, ensuring they deliver a high level of care and assistance to seniors. ALFs are expected to provide help with personal care, activities of daily living and medication management.

Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Anderson

• The air quality around Anderson, Indiana, is considered very poor. The air in the Indianapolis/Carmel/Muncie area (which includes Anderson) receives an overall F rating from the National Lung Association for ozone days and an F rating for particulates. This could be a problem for seniors with chronic respiratory conditions.

• The cost of living in Anderson is 25 percent less than the national average. The cost of groceries, in particular, is less in Anderson than the U.S. average, which could be helpful for seniors looking to eat a healthy diet on a budget.

• Anderson is known for its hot, dry summers and snowy winters. The average high in January is 34 degrees Fahrenheitand the average high in July is 84 degrees.

• Crime is an increasing problem in Anderson. The crime rate in Anderson has increased by 6 percent in recent years, making it 62 percent higher than the national average.

• The City of Anderson Transit System (CATS) provides extensive public bus transportation Monday through Saturday within Anderson and between the city and other points in Madison County. They offer seniors, age 60 and older, a 50 percent fare discount when they apply for a VIP card.  In addition, Senior Link offers on-demand non-emergency transportation with advance reservations.

• There are plenty of cultural opportunities in Anderson. The city has a historic downtown shopping and entertainment district, which includes the 100-year-old Paramount Theater. Other attractions include the Anderson Museum of Art, the Madison County Historical Society Museum and the Anderson Motor Speedway. Most of the attractions and events in Anderson offer some kind of senior discount, although the qualifying age varies.

Paying for Assisted Living in Anderson

$2,920.00 Muncie
    $2,785.00 New Castle
    $2,441.00 Fishers
    $1,974.00 Pendleton

Assisted Living costs in Anderson start around $3,453 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.

It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Anderson and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.

Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Anderson

Eligible seniors who live in Anderson, Indiana, can find a number of state and federal assistance programs to help with the cost of an assisted living facility. These include the Home and Community Based Services program, the Consumer-Directed Attendant Care (CDAC) Program and Supplemental Security Income Category G.

Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Indiana page.

Financial Assistance in Indiana Financial Assistance in Indiana

More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living

• Veterans Benefits
    • Life Insurance Policy
    • Long-Term Care Insurance
    • Reverse Mortgage

For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Indiana page.

Free Assisted Living Resources in Anderson

Anderson and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.

To see a list of free assisted living resources in Anderson, please visit our Assisted Living in Indiana page.

Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Anderson

Anderson-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Indiana are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Indiana page for more information about these laws.

Laws and Regulations in Indiana Laws and Regulations in Indiana