77 Assisted Living Facilities near Deltona, FL
There are 77 Assisted Living Facilities in the Deltona area, with 6 in Deltona and 71 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Deltona is $2,700 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,630.
To help you with your search, browse the 522 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Deltona. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Deltona 4.9 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Casselberry with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Deltona, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Deltona, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Deltona
Located along the northern shore of Lake Monroe, Deltona is a city surrounded by nature. Seniors can spend time exploring the Lyonia Preserve, Gemini Springs Park, and Blue Spring State Park, which are all located close by.
Deltona is the most populous city in Volusia County, with a population of 90,746. Seniors age 65 and older make up 15.4 percent of the city's population, and to serve them the city has six assisted living facilities. There are also another 60 in communities close by. All of the assisted living facilities in Deltona and the rest of the state are overseen by the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Deltona
- Deltona has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Volusia County Council on Aging, an organization that hosts a variety of events, classes, and daily activities for seniors as well as three senior centers.
- The Deltona area has new facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Orange City.
- Florida doesn't impose an income tax on Social Security benefits, pension payments, or money withdrawn from retirement accounts. This may make it easier for Deltona seniors to afford costs associated with assisted living.
- Like other cities in Florida, Deltona has warm weather all year long. Weather in the winter is especially nice because there isn't much rain. The lowest average temperature in January is 60 degrees, which is ideal for seniors who enjoy outdoor activities. In the summer, however, it can get hot and muggy. This could be a problem for seniors who are sensitive to heat.
- Deltona may be a good option for seniors with COPD, asthma, or other breathing conditions. The city's air quality index is 30 percent better than the national average, and its pollution index is 86 percent better than the U.S. average.
- Seniors on a fixed income may appreciate the fact that the cost of living in Deltona is nine percent below the national median. The cost of groceries averages six percent lower than the state average, and the cost of healthcare services averages eight percent lower than the U.S. average.
Paying for Assisted Living in Deltona
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Deltona start around $2,700 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Deltona and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Deltona
Deltona seniors who need assistance paying for the costs of assisted living may qualify for the statewide Medicaid Managed Care program. The Agency for Health Care Administration's Assistive Care Services plan and the optional state supplement also help seniors pay assisted living costs.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Deltona
Deltona and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Deltona, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
The 10 Best Assisted Living Communities in Deltona Area
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Deltona
Deltona-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Deltona
Review of Gold Choice Deltona
My overall visit at Gold Choice Deltona was good. The room was fine. The cleanliness looked OK. They didn't have a kitchen in the room. They just had two beds, a bathroom, and a closet. The dining ... Read more
Review of Gold Choice Deltona
Gold Choice was great. Everybody was nice. It would have been a great community, but it was too expensive. I need to find something that goes by my mom's income. It was impeccably clean, very well-... Read more
Review of Gold Choice Deltona
I had a great impression of Gold Choice Deltona. The rooms were all double-rooms. They don't have any single rooms at all. It was a fairly new place, so everything was lovely. I talked to the direc... Read more