Broadway Proper

Reviews of Broadway Proper

Assisted Living Reviews for Broadway Proper

June 24, 2016

By Lila586421

We think Broadway Proper would be nice and had good staff and dining. We took a tour of the three levels and selected an apartment on the third floor. We liked the design, and it looked like something we could be happy in. They had bingo, cards, visiting entertainment, a bus, a pool, and salon.

December 29, 2015

By Sylvia B.

The staff at Broadway Proper was very friendly and attentive. Right away, they made me feel at home. Any questions my friend had they answered and kept track by calling back to see if she had any other questions later. The place itself was nice and very peaceful. It seemed like the residents were happy. The food was really good. It seemed like they do a lot of activites and not just sit there all day. They had really nice events for the holidays, like Thanksgiving dinner which I was invited to. They had activities and go out to different places. I like the rooms because they're very spacious even when wheeling in a wheelchair.

July 04, 2015

By Shiela4

Broadway Proper was wonderful, and I really liked it. It was warm, inviting, and well laid out, and I saw residents interact with each other. All the staff I met was just wonderful. They have a wonderful variety of facilities and things for the residents. They had a gymnasium and staff that conduct classes and could be a personal trainer. They had a lot of books available and social things happening. I got to eat lunch there, and I was quite pleased with that. They had a variety of food available and extended hours, which was nice. The physical plan inside was very nice. There were four generously sized courtyards, which were shaded. I got to see the efficiency rooms which was like a small one bedroom apartment with no door on the bedroom, and I saw a one bedroom that was a little larger also. There was such a nice level of friendliness among the residents, and it’s very homey. They do things, like they go once a month for casinos. They had various excursions to the theaters and of course the standard doctor appointments and shopping.

April 18, 2015

By Donna104755750

The staff were very helpful. They had several floor plans that you can choose from depending upon what you want to pay. The rooms were clean and spacious. The food was very good, and the dining room was very nice. They had someone come in the afternoon to play the guitar, and they had card games and different activities going on. What impressed me about Broadway Proper was there was no odor to it at all, nothing unpleasant, and everyone seemed very happy.

November 19, 2014

By Lory1

Broadway Proper was great, and it was welcoming. Everything I saw was very nice. The room was small, and that's typical on any of these places though. Part of the tour was that they would introduce you to the staff and the people that might be dealing with my parents, and everyone was very friendly and outgoing. I thought it was a great place. I was happy and pleased with everything that they had shown me.

October 01, 2014

By mandarenees2

This property is amazing! My great grandmother has needed assisted living for some time now and we were so hesitant to put her in a retirement community but once we saw the atmosphere here we knew all our worries would be laid to rest. The staff is very friendly and seem to love their job. The little over a month she's been there a staff member already taught her and some of her friends how to play pinochle. The buildings are very welcoming and kept really clean. Visitors are always welcomed with open arms and answer all of our questions if we ever have any. Which has really helped my mom rest easy knowing she's in great hands. My Great grandma loves it here and were happy we chose Broadway Proper.

December 23, 2013

By Sandra41

My mother was in Broadway Proper for five years. She liked it. Also, it gave me an idea of what it would be like living in a retirement community and I thought it was certainly doable and I could accept that better than living at home with a housekeeper. I think they did a nice job there. This was a place that was a good fit for my mother. They had lots of activities. They would take them grocery shopping and they would take them to functions every month like, e.g., to a restaurant or to a play. They had cocktail hours a couple of times a week and they had luau outside. Food was good. It was institutional food and it wasn't homecooking but it was fine. The best thing about this place was the companionship with other people and that they could do things together. Also I thought that my mother was able to meet and do stuff she wouldn't do if she was in her own home.

Independent Living Reviews for Broadway Proper

February 07, 2017

By Kelley125048

Broadway Proper was very nice. It was a much smaller facility and more contained, and everything was indoors. I’ve heard that the food was good there too. I actually went on another occasion, and the residents said that the food is really good. The staff was excellent. She was really within, very friendly, and very professional. They had a lot more activities to offer than the other place.

January 05, 2017

By Norma165658

Broadway Proper was very nice, and everything about it was great. It was a little bit too far away, though. It wasn’t fancy, but it was functional.

November 22, 2016

By David044324

My mom's favorite was Broadway Proper. She was particularly attracted to the floor plan that she was looking for, for the one-bedroom apartment. It was much larger than the other ones we looked at, and she was very happy with that. She liked what was laid out and what was included in that floor plan. She was really impressed with the reception area and the openness of coming into the place. The location of the mailboxes was another point that she liked.

December 16, 2015

By Lee28

I really like Broadway Proper; this would be my second choice. They had all the amenities. It?s a beautiful place. They have many activities as well, but it felt like an institution rather than a home. Their dining room is beautiful.

December 16, 2015

By Dianne32

We did find a place at Broadway Proper, and we got my ex-husband settled there. They have really nice things to offer here. It's very nice and clean. They have a lot of activities for everybody, and the apartments are nice and spacious. The food is very good, and the people are very friendly and always willing to help. They have housekeeping, which comes in once a week.

October 19, 2015

By George111905550

The room plans were quite good. There’s 2-bedroom unit with quite adequate size bedroom. The people at Broadway Proper seemed to be very nice and helpful. They have two or three meals a day at a fancy restaurant, which I had a good meal at. We had quite a good ride. It looks like it’s a very pleasant place to live.

August 31, 2015

Broadway Proper is clean, and the people are friendly. Everybody there seemed to be very nice. They were very caring. It would have been one of the better places for my mother to go. The staff gave us all the details we needed to know.

April 06, 2015

By Claude2

My whole experience visiting Broadway Proper was quite pleasant. I took my mom there, and we were invited for lunch. The financial representative was very friendly and helpful. As a matter of fact, I'm still in touch with her because I think that's the choice we're going to go with. They have one-bedroom, two-bedroom, and studio apartments. My mom would not need the two-bedroom, but she was interested with the one-bedroom. The food was palatable, nice, and good. They have a menu, and the food was prepared daily. The place was very clean.

October 01, 2014

By BTormos

I only had to visit this place a couple of times before my name was already being used. The front desk is nice and it seems like everyone loves their job. In my tour I met most of the staff it feels and then when my grandmother moved in and that did not stop, it feels like they know who lives there and who is visiting. Feels like a family. I really like how comfortable this place is and my grandma loved it. I ate with my grandma a few times and I like that she and I could order what we wanted and it was brought to us like in a restaurant. My grandma could sit with friends and chat and was the primary reason my family chose Broadway Proper. We needed my grandma to eat more often and to have friends she can "gossip" with. I felt she was getting to lonely living alone and I did not want people to see she lived alone and break in or take advantage that she did not know what she normally paid a landscaper. I was tired of it and we just wanted a comfortable place with friendly people. My grandma lived at broadway proper for 3 years and we recently had to move her because she needed memory care. They were so nice and it felt like they were going to miss her like she was their grandma. Many people stopped us in the hall to share a story about her and we would have loved to keep her here but we had to do what was right and find memory care. Even our new place loves Broadway Proper and that really helped settle our nerves. They knew about eachother and said only positive things about one another. One day another family will be looking for an assisted living place and I will tell them to come here.

April 29, 2014

We found Broadway Proper. My room is beautiful. It has a beautiful view outside, and it's a nice size. It has a kitchen. I can live independently. The staff is excellent. I can order three meals a day. The food is pretty bad. They have exercise, they have walking, they have current events. They have a lot of things. There's nothing I really like there. Nothing stands out.

April 27, 2014

By Evelyn8

Broadway Proper was pretty nice. I like best its location. The facility itself was a very homey place; it was in a quiet area. They have very nice people there. In fact, I still talk to them. I had lunch there and the food was very good. The dining room was just like any other kind of dining room. Their apartments are spacious enough if you don't have a lot of stuff. They're too small, and the storage areas are too little. The one I looked at has a view of the desert, and I think that's pretty nice.

January 30, 2014

My father has moved in to Broadway Proper. Right now, he is still getting adjusted. Nevertheless, I'm very happy with this facility. It's very close to my house. It's an older facility, but it has so many benefits to it. They have little apartments with very nice floor plans. My father has a one-bedroom apartment with a big walk-in closet. They have a beautiful dining room. Food is excellent. They have a very good chef. The people there are very nice and very helpful. For activities, they have card games, etc. They have walk and talk discussion groups, health groups, etc. They even have Wii groups that play the game. They would have lovely events like beer and brats once a month. They constantly have a lot of planned activities.

August 27, 2013

By Don16

My visit to Broadway Proper was okay. I wasn't impressed with it though. Their rooms were awfully small. However, they had a great dining room. It was like a 5-star restaurant in San Francisco. I would say that's their best attribute.

June 25, 2013

By caring030620

I've visited Broadway Proper for my mom. It was an excellent community. It was all set up so that if you should need transition to an assisted living facility, you don't have to move to another community. Their apartments were relatively spacious. They also had great food and great staff. I would recommend this community to others.

Photos of Broadway Proper

• Meal Preparation

• Licenses: AL1277C
  • State Licenses: AL1277C

About Broadway Proper

Located in the heart of Tucson, Arizona, Broadway Proper provides a range of provides a range of independent living and assisted living options for seniors. The community is operated by Leisure Care, a residential care company that manages 35 communities in 11 states and in Canada and Mexico. Costs for residents at Broadway Proper vary, depending upon the type and length of care needed.

FACILITIES AND AMENITIES

Broadway Proper offers a number of different amenities designed to facilitate socializing and friendships among residents, as well as improve cognitive function. The community’s 'Fit Brains Program' was designed by Rosetta Stone to help residents keep their minds healthy. The program also promotes deeper concentration and an enhanced memory.

Other features include personal trainers available for all residents. As part of a fitness program called PrimeFit, the trainers help design a customized program tailored to each resident's goals and abilities. Staff members help track residents’ progress and keep them motivated along the way. Residents eat most of their meals in the community’s dining room. A daily menu includes fresh, seasonal dishes created by on-site chefs or residents can opt for room service.

Residents can take advantage of community amenities that include an on-site beauty salon, swimming pool, Jacuzzi, library, billiard room and a concierge who can arrange spa services, tickets to shows and flower deliveries, among other services. The community can also provide a shuttle for residents attending local doctor’s appointments or events.

HEALTHCARE & HEALTHY ACTIVITIES

Independent living residents at Broadway Proper will have their yardwork and housework taken care of for them. With assisted living, everything is designed specifically for the individual resident. Residents may add or drop services at any time. The staff offers meal support, assistance with showering, bathing and dressing, as well as social planning, mobility assistance, and communication assistance.

Staff can also help assisted living residents with personal grooming, provide continence support and will work to schedule doctor appointments, set reminders for medication and doctor’s visits, and provide escorts to and from daily outings, as well as scheduling transportation to your doctor visits.

Map of Broadway Proper