The Summit at Sunland Springs

Assisted Living Reviews for The Summit at Sunland Springs

Memory Care Reviews for The Summit at Sunland Springs

August 17, 2016

By Dan022027

The Summit at Sunland Springs is the place I chose for my mother. It’s small but very good in a lot of ways. The staff is very good and takes care of the residents, which is very refreshing. The place is nicer compared to the other places I’ve visited. They seem to have a tremendous number of activities, and the staff engages with the residents participate in the activities.

December 06, 2014

By gnudlh

I had the opportunity to transfer my relative to this facility. I have never experienced such a caring community - from the top down, everyone cares and strives to provide as loving a community as possible for the residents and the family. The care provided was amazing, and I can not think of a better place for my loved one to have spent her last days.

November 30, 2014

The Summit is very clean, and it's a fairly new place, so from that perspective it is nice. We have had a couple of issues with them related to just the overall care. I think the staff members are friendly, but they need more training and attention to detail. My mother is in a private room, and the space is great. The food is very good, and their dining facility is very nice, which is more like cafeteria style. They do offer a standard thing as well as alternatives on the menu. They have activities throughout the day, and they publish an activity calendar. They have exercises, arts and crafts, and TV, or movie. They seem to be keeping her engaged -- which is one of our main concerns -- but she is not just sitting there all day long.

Thank you for posting a review about our community! We work hard every day and night to bring Quality of Life to our residents. I see that you have a few concerns about the care your family member is receiving - please know that I have an open door to discuss and work to improve any issues a family or resident might have, as we desire a high standard of living for all. I do encourage you to have specific conversation with me so we might always be improving our services and offerings to all. Sincerely, Craig Ahlstrom, Jr. - Executive Director/Owner

April 23, 2014

By ShariR

I can't properly express how wonderful The Summit is -- words don't do justice! From the moment I walked in for a first meeting, I knew that I found the right place for my dad. Such a beautiful property with a lovely courtyard (and putting green!) and lively, engaging activities for the residents. I even enjoyed lunch with my dad and the food was incredible! And the staff -- what devoted and delightful people. They were so helpful to me as I navigated the admittance process (which was easy, but emotionally daunting for me) and have continued to be very sensitive to my dad's needs. Every single person I've met has been a pleasure and all really care about the residents. As I don't live close by, such dedication means so much to me -- I feel like my dad is with extended family. Thank you Summit!
See all Memory Care reviews (10) See fewer reviews

Questions about The Summit at Sunland Springs

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at The Summit at Sunland Springs. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our residents' ages vary, but most folks are between 75-85 years old. About a third of our residents are completely independent and do not require caregiver assistance. Several folks enjoy our art club, cooking classes, weekly outings, live entertainment, happy hour, and church services.

What programs or activities does The Summit at Sunland Springs offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Whether you like playing cards, doing crafts, or watching movies, we have something for you! We provide a robust activity calendar 7-days a week, with opportunities to participate throughout each day. In addition to engaging social activities, we provide educational seminars and workshops, how-to demonstrations, and daily exercise classes. We believe life should be enjoyed at all stages and we strive to help our residents thrive emotionally, physically, and spiritually each day.

What places are near The Summit at Sunland Springs or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

The Summit is not far from Superstition Springs Mall, and just minutes away from the Gold Canyon/Superstition Wilderness area. Our residents look forward to weekly scenic outings that often take them up the Salt River for a peek at the wild horses, or into Globe for a change of pace. There is also a movie theater, several restaurants, and lots of shopping within a mile of our community.

What transportation services does The Summit at Sunland Springs offer to assisted living residents?

We provide resident transportation Monday-Friday. All destinations within 10 miles of the community are complimentary, and each mile beyond 10 is only $3 per mile. We have two vehicles, including one with a wheelchair lift.

What makes the chef or dining program at The Summit at Sunland Springs exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Our resident style dining experience is focused on fresh, made from scratch meals prepared daily in our kitchen. Executive Chef David Roos leads the dining team and gives strong focus to taste, quality, and presentation. We offer all-day standard menu dining from 7am-7pm, with additional entrees and specials to choose from during typical meal times. We welcome family members and friends to join their loved ones for a meal any time they like, and our catered parties are second to none! Whether it's a summer Bar-B-Que, a spring luau, or a holiday gala, we invite all loved ones to join us in celebrating together. Additionally, residents are encouraged to host their own gatherings here in the community. With ample family space and catering services available, we want our residents to feel comfortable hosting birthday parties, anniversaries, or even holiday gatherings here at The Summit.

Costs for The Summit at Sunland Springs

Photos of The Summit at Sunland Springs

Services and Amenities of The Summit at Sunland Springs

• Fee Structure Extra: Mc Is All Inclusive/Al Is Rent + Care/$2500 Community Fee

• Companion Suites: We Do Offer Companion Suites
  • Housing Extra: Bedrooms In Mc

• Pets: Small Pets Allowed.

• State Licenses: AL8944C

About The Summit at Sunland Springs

You will find we put a priority on your happiness, safety, and dignity. At The Summit, you will find easy to navigate common areas designed with your safety in mind and many onsite services to help create a home-like atmosphere that provides the assistance and services you need.

Assisted living:

• Spacious apartments (Studio, 1 Bdr, and 2 Bdr)
  • Beautifully designed outdoor courtyard
  • Beauty salon, bistro, theater, library, billiards room, wellness center and more
  • Weekly laundry service for bed linens and towels
  • Weekly housekeeping services
  • All day dining services
  • On-site services such as podiatry, dental, hearing, x rays, etc.
  • Personal care services
  • Medication management
  • Transportation services available

Memory care:

• Uniquely designed, well-appointed private and companion studios
  • Beautiful, secure courtyard
  • Spa bathtubs and shower benches
  • Utilities and basic cable included, except phone
  • Three delicious meals daily plus snacks
  • 24-hr emergency response system
  • On-site services such as podiatry, dental, hearing, x-rays, etc.
  • On-site beauty salon
  • Medication management
  • Transportation services available

We understand that an active lifestyle is healthy for mind and body. Also, wholesome interaction with others promotes feelings of belonging and friendship. Our activities are tailored to the interests, wants, and needs of our residents.

Map of The Summit at Sunland Springs