University House Wallingford

Reviews of University House Wallingford

Assisted Living Reviews for University House Wallingford

December 10, 2014

By jsakaguchi

Twelve years ago, while still very active, my parents chose to sell their home and move into the University House at Wallingford. At that time my Mom wasn't sure she wanted to make the switch. But within no time, she was sure they had made the right decision. They loved and took advantage of many of the activities. They became involved in a number of committees, which introduced them to other residents who became close and long term friends. They loved the choice of their dining program. And the staff, especially the dining room staff. grew to be like part of the family. Calls to them usually involved them keeping us up to date with the lives of all their new "grandchildren". One concern they had when they moved in was that they would no longer be able to host the family holiday dinners. University House solved that family problem quickly by always being ready to cater dinners, buffets, events right at the facility. Not always easy as they have ranged in sixe from 15-150 people. But they have always provided beautiful meals and friendly, helpful service. The apartments are very comfortable and well kept, as are the main areas of the building. When I come from out of state and stay in the apartment I always feel welcome and at home. It also gives us comfort to know that this facility is one of the "emergency/disaster" centers in the Seattle area. It is good to know that even for an unplanned event, they are the safest spot. Last year we lost our mother. During the last of her life the University House offered us options for multiple levels of care when she needed it. In her last days of hospice she was visited by some of her "kids" that had either graduated from school and left University House employment or still worked there. They had truly become family. She loved them. My father still lives at University House. He works out in the gym facilities 2-3 times a week. Helps on committees, and has enjoyed the comfort of friends as he has transitioned to being single again. He continues to think moving to the UH was one of the best decisions he ever made. Unfortunately I do not live in Seattle, but I hope that when it is finally to "retire" that I can find a place as enjoyable as the University House at Wallingford.

March 27, 2014

By caring030312

University House is a very nice and big place. The facility looked very good. It's also very innovative and social. They have everything you can think of. The apartments looked very adequate and well planned. The people we spoke to were very enthusiastic.

June 19, 2013

By Cindy24

We found University House Wallingford during our web search. The staff were extremely polite and lovely. The meal we had there was outstanding. The only reason my mother did not want to stay there was because of its location to us. The general facility itself is just lovely, beautiful. It's the place I want to live. Its only downfall is its location because it's next to the highway.

June 12, 2013

The University House seemed a very nice place and they have activities there. The staff seemed very well. The food was very good.

June 07, 2013

University House was in a great location because you could walk to a lot of things. They had weekly linen service and housekeeping. The dining room was beautiful and had different choices for food. The residents could choose from maybe five courses and everything came with a soup or salad, bread, dessert and drinks. The staff seemed happy. It was a quite expensive facility but it was a good fit to my parents.

Independent Living Reviews for University House Wallingford

May 06, 2017

By Cherry830863

University House is at the upper end of retirement homes, they only offer 27 meals a month, and the rest of it is on your own. There is a small garden. The staff was peasant and upscale. They have various lectures going on and musical things. The food was standard.

Photos of University House Wallingford

Services and Amenities of University House Wallingford

• Features Extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Tai Chi
  • Activities Extra: Various Classes, Including Osher Life Long Learning Institute, Art Galas, Social Worker/Counselor Led Support Groups, Wine Tasting, Parties

• Diabetic

• Meal Preparation

Payment options

• Check

About University House Wallingford

Dressing, Bathing, Grooming, Stand by transfer assistance, Medication management

Map of University House Wallingford