Va Beach Healthcare And Rehab

Reviews of Va Beach Healthcare And Rehab

Nursing Home Reviews for Va Beach Healthcare And Rehab

June 06, 2014

By Johnny12

This place is the worst place ever. The nurses are nowhere to be found and they do not give any care to their patients. When you call for a nurse no one comes to help you. Then the nurses yell at you. The staff is very rude to you and your family members. The whole place is very noise and the patients are unable to get any peace and quiet. This is no place for someone who is terminally ill. Also, no one ever answers the phone in that place. There are no phones in the rooms and there is no way to communicate with the patients. This place needs a whole new staff and a lot of upgrades. I would not recommend this place to anyone. Do not send your love ones to the dump.

December 12, 2013

By fromadaughter

My mother was a patient at this facility. The State found VBHC was negligent in caring for my mother when they failed to follow-up on her vitals - yes, my mother died at this facility. She also contracted C-Diff (Clostridium difficile) resulting in dehydration and malnutrition. They did not have enough staff to support someone feeding her. I saw many yellow and red signs on patient doors indicting infectious room requiring visitor protection garments. I spend many hours and days here and what I saw and experienced is something I do not want any other family to experience. Thank you for posting as although the review is negative, I believe people want to know.

July 23, 2013

By debraquitter

As the daughter of a current (but soon former) Virginia Wellness & Rehabilitation Center patient, I spent approximately 200 hours at this facility. Our mother was cared for inside of the center’s Section 4. During her stay, we found the staff listened to our concerns and followed through with any commitments they made regarding our mother’s care. I noted that at all times the staff was encouraging, noticed those around them, smiled, and practiced courtesy and kindness. Our requests for information always resulted in timely answers with solid explanations. The physical, occupational and speech offered our mother was top notch. I am pleased to say she now is able to stand up, walk, and, in general, take care of the necessities of life. Watching her stand from the wheelchair and get into my vehicle with NO assistance was something I did not expect. She had not been able to do that in over 5 years. The staff and administration have the best interests of the patients at heart. Family members of the patients are treated with respect. The personal hygiene of patients was cared for at all times. Meals arrived as scheduled and activities were available for those interested. Visitors are allowed at any time. I witnessed many situations that if not handled properly would have had an unfavorable outcome. The nurses, aids, therapists, supervisors and all the rest of the staff handled each incident with care and understanding. I even saw a patient hitting a nurse while she remained perfectly calm. At the same time, the patient was bellowing racial slurs. The nurse handled the incident with grace and compassion. She clearly realized the patient was not capable of other behavior. My mother was a patient at another rehab center a couple of years ago. The care she received at Virginia Wellness & Rehabilitation Center was 100% better than the other facility. I never noticed any abundance of state officials or others. I did see the state and city workers who were from Adult Protective Services. Those folks are there for the benefit of patients who were in danger BEFORE they entered the rehab center. That has nothing to do with the rehabilitation center’s performance. They made our mother’s life better and worked quite hard to do so. I would gladly accept placement for any of our family members, if needed, inside of this facility and under the care of their staff.

June 27, 2012

By angelicblend

Other

This facility gave the best care for my mother. They went out of their way for physical therapy

Services and Amenities of Va Beach Healthcare And Rehab

About Va Beach Healthcare And Rehab

Va Beach Healthcare And Rehab is a senior living provider in Virginia Beach, Virginia that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Va Beach Healthcare And Rehab for more details on services and rates.

Map of Va Beach Healthcare And Rehab