PROVO REHABILITATION AND NURSING

Reviews of PROVO REHABILITATION AND NURSING

Nursing Home Reviews for PROVO REHABILITATION AND NURSING

November 26, 2013

By SJ1

I had a Uncle here a few years ago and i was not impressed with them at all, So when my sisters told me this is where they wanted my mother to go this year i was not happy about it, But i quickly changed my mind. Provo Rehab has improved SOOOOO much over the years and it really show's. The CNA'S and Nurses are so friendly and are always so good to help out with positive attitudes. My Mother told me that she loved it here and that she felt that the CNA's really loved her. It made my family and I feel at peace knowing that mom felt that she was loved by these strangers. You can tell that the employees care about each person they take care of and that they build a relationship with each one of them. Although they do need to start the renovation that they promised would be started when touring. My mother is in the tower (which is already remodeled) If Mom had to go down stairs i might reconsider having her stay. It Helps peoples spirits to be living in nice areas. Once remodel is done i think provo rehab will be great all around.

September 05, 2013

By teravamies

I have had several relatives who have spent time in this facility, and I strongly reccommend that you take your loved ones somewhere else. My Grandmother was here, and the care was so bad that we had to take her home and care for her ourselves because her condition was worse after being there for a while than it was when she got there. They were trying to push her in a wheelchair, and didn't realize that her foot was wedged in between the footrest and the ground. She ended up with a huge gash in her leg, and her leg was almost broken. A few years later, my mother-in-law was put into this facility. We were there visiting her, and watched them give her morphine five times in twenty minutes. We were questioning them about why they were giving her so much, but our concerns were ignored, and we were told that they were the medical professionals, and we needed to butt out, and let them do their jobs. My mother-in-law died about ten minutes later. My wife was admitted to this facility about one month ago. My daughter and I were visiting her yesterday, and she began to get very sick. I pushed the call-button for the nurse, and ten minutes later no-one had come to her room. I went looking for a nurse. When I found one, she was more concerned with arguing with me about whether or not she needed to go check on my wife than she was with actually going to check on her. She finally agreed to go check on her. We were halfway back to the room when my daughter came running out of the room screaming for help. My wife had had a seizure, and almost died. If the nurse would have responded fifteen minutes earlier, instead of ignoring us and then arguing with me, this could have been avoided. I went and spoke with the Business Manager about what had happened, and he was professional and courteous, and I appreciate his professionalism, but he isn't the one taking care of the patients. This facility has a long history of incompetence. Do not put your loved ones into this facility!

March 04, 2013

By jp7634

We were told that this facility had to ability to provide our wife and mother with the needed rehab. Sadly it turned out that they were not equipped to do so. We made repeated request for the staff to come up with a individualized and contestant plan to wean her from the ventilator. They failed to put together a plan nor was any real attempt made to wean her. One night I pointed out that there was a problem with the cuff on her trach not sealing right. All the sudden she was able to speak and air came out her nose and mouth when the ventilator would fire. It took almost a week before the problem was fixed. As a result she is back in the ICU with aspiration pneumonia. The other problem we had to deal with was that the staff didn't communicate with each other, which led to her not receiving proper treatment on several occasions.

April 13, 2012

By Donnie Bradley

The staff is very involved and probably the best feature of the home, they had head sets to communicate quickly with each other which is pertinent to a medical facility since they have to be prepared for an emergency. His room was supplied with snacks and the usual items such as a TV and phone however I can't judge the activities (such as bingo and news groups and card groups etc.) because he wasn't able to go to the activities since his hip was broken, judging by how far one smell could carry the air was probably very clean. The staff were very caring and quick to respond. I can't complain about very much but there wasn't much any thing phenomenal about it either. The place was obviously well kept and sanitary and unlike some homes I've seen it didn't seem like there was a shortage of beds (IE people having to be room mates.) I'd give it a four out of five .

November 17, 2011

By Loving Memory

The facility wasn't anything glamorous, but it did have what was needed to take care of my uncle. My uncle was a down syndrome mental retarded man. He was a very sweet man who in his mindset was about the age of three. He was the happiest, sweetest, most caring guy in the world. The staff at the facility loved my uncle because he could always bring a smile to their face even though he couldn't talk. The staff was very good at making sure that he was being fed, and they even were able to get a bracelet that told them when he got up out of bed, which was important since he would get hurt trying to get out of bed. Overall, they seemed very loving and caring of my uncle. The food didn't seem that great, but my uncle didn't seem to mind. The facilities had two persons per room; which I didn't like much. For my uncle however, it worked out okay, but I think it would have been better for him to have his own room. There were a few times that we had some serious concerns. Particularly, there was one incident where we found a massive bruise on my uncles leg. We started wondering if he was being abused. He wouldn't be able to tell anyone about it if he was. We looked into it seriously, but the staff insisted that he was just getting bruised from falling down. I don't remember what officially happened in the end, but I think some evidence we found later supported their claim. The staff would on ocassion forget to pack extra clothes and diapers when we would go to take my uncle out for a drive or take him home for the holidays. If if were to rate the staff out of 1-10, I would probably give them a 7. Their facilities really need to be updated. They need color and liveliness. It is a very "Nursing Home" Home. It looks very glum and not very uplifting, so overall I would the facility as a 4. Still I do have fond memories of going to visit my uncle there, so it can't be that bad of a place.

May 29, 2011

By Provo10

Friend or relative of resident

I've volunteered at Provo Rehab and Nursing for several years now and made friends with several patrons. In the past, this rehab center was somewhat outdated and run-down but recently they remodeled their facilities and so now the two upstairs levels are beautiful and spacious. They have a nice main room with a large flat screen television, movies, puzzles, and books. The cafeteria food seems sub-par, but the cafe room is large and clean with a piano and nice fish tanks. Local students frequently visit--especially on Sundays--and the LDS church has services at the center each Sunday for any patron that would like to attend. There are frequent activities and occasional trips to local places. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable and patrons have created a warm tight-knit community, although there is large turn over due to the nature of the business.

Services and Amenities of PROVO REHABILITATION AND NURSING

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: Government Hospital District
  • Date Certified: 06/01/2020

About PROVO REHABILITATION AND NURSING

PROVO REHABILITATION AND NURSING is a senior living provider in Provo, Utah that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact PROVO REHABILITATION AND NURSING for more details on services and rates.

Map of PROVO REHABILITATION AND NURSING