Cove Point Retirement

Reviews of Cove Point Retirement

Assisted Living Reviews for Cove Point Retirement

October 27, 2015

By Barry11

My mom is moving into Cove Point this week. My brother's mother-in-law lives there, and they felt strongly that they wanted her to go there, too. It wasn't my decision to choose this particular place, although it is very nice and homey. It is not a newer facility, but it seems very nice for her. It seems like a very tight-knit community with a lot of activities, so it seems like a very good fit for my mother.

March 23, 2015

By Bonnie47

The one that I had chosen for my cousin was called Cove Point. I chose it because the price was in the right range, and it was a very clean facility. It had been there for years and years. They were nice rooms that looked down over the garden. They were spacious enough. They had kind of a little kitchen, she could have a microwave, there was a sink and stuff, and she needed a refrigerator. They had a calendar that tells all the activities that they had. They would go shopping, and then they go here and there. However, it was just an older building, and things were not brand new there.

March 02, 2015

It was probably the oldest facility I visited. The rooms seemed to be set up well at Cove Point. The bedroom was separated from the living area.

November 15, 2014

By lmc2

As my mother's health declined, we children looked at several facilities of assisted living for her. Some were Ok, others were new and expensive, and then at the recommendation of a relative, we found Cove Point where everything was right. When I walked into the lobby it felt warm and inviting. Residents can be seen in the lobby, dining room or involved in the various activities available. Residents are friendly, busy, involved in activities and love interacting with others. Staff at Cove Point are amazing! They are caring and efficient. Cove Point is also one of the most reasonably priced assisted living places that we looked at. You get tremendous value at Cove Point. My mom loves living at Cove Point. Within hours of her moving into her clean, spacious studio room with its own bathroom and shower, she had already met and made some new friends. She has a little patio outside her room where she can sit and enjoy the fresh air and beautiful grounds at Cove Point. The food is great and she enjoys eating in the dining room with her friends each day. We are so happy to have found Cove Point and would recommend it to anyone.

September 22, 2014

By Chicken guy

I spend lots of time here with many of the residents. I hear all the time that the food is unhealthy and not very good. The food is hi in salt, sugar and glucose. The meals are small and not healthy. The employees won't even eat there. We moved mom here so that if she fell, someone would be close to help her get up, the staff will no longer do that. The management say that the law doesn't allow them to help in that manner; the law doesn't say anything to that fact. In winter this place is a hazard, ice covered parking lots. Containing many inches of ice. The residents parking spots are very small and hard for those with bad hips and knees to get in and out of their car. The parking spots are starting to be used by staff, leaving family and residents looking for a place to park. Already this year many of the apartments have flooded causing many problems to the residents. The place has many wiring problems, as evident to the extension cord that it's strung from the power box to the lamp post in the west entrance/exit. Most of the staff are great and carrying people, however; the management doesn't seem to want to pay for repairs or cooks that know how to make healthy tasty food.

March 26, 2014

Cove Point is really nice. We visited several times before my friend moved in. She likes the surroundings. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. I have tried the food several times, and it was excellent. The rooms were nice and a good size. I know she takes part in the exercise program, and she likes the fact that they have exercise equipment there. I talked with one of the nurses when she was first brought there. One of the nurses came and talked with her, and she was very good and friendly. My friend doesn't really have any complaints. She's elderly, and sometimes things aren't to her liking, but she's doing pretty well there.

March 21, 2014

I think Cove Point is a very nice and friendly environment. It's not as fancy. The staff was very helpful. I was there when my friend moved in, and they were very helpful to get her settled. If I have any question, they answer for me. They seem to care about my friend and other residents. The room was fine and nice. But then they had a water leak. But they moved her and they took care of her to get her across the hall. The one she has now has a big, sliding glass door so she had a lot of light. It was pretty spacious. It had a little section with a sink and a counter, and a big closet. The food was very good. She seems to enjoy it.

October 15, 2013

By Lynda8

I think Cove Point is wonderful. It is not a brand new facility. In fact, it is a little old, but it is very clean. I eat there and it is wonderful. The staff really seems to care. They are very efficient and good. I am happy with the management. They have lots of activities for the residents. The price is right too. I will absolutely recommend them to others.

September 24, 2012

By MrNesnej

My grandmother stayed at this fine facility. She wasn't a very outgoing person, so she avoided a lot of the activities there most of the time, but they were always giving her no-pressure friendly invitations. The nurses were very professional and also very friendly all of the time. The other people staying at the facility were also friendly and inviting to visitors, so it was always nice to stop there whenever I could. My grandma also said that she really liked the food. When she died they were very comforting and helpful with the arrangements.

June 11, 2012

By Bumblebee

My Aunt is a resident because she has limited mobility and severe arthritis in her joints. She is happy and enjoys the scripture study and music classes they provide. The staff treat her with kindness and respect and she loves visiting with the other residents. She is well cared for and seems very happy when I visit her. Everyone seems content and well stimulated in the common areas. She recieves her medication on time and staff seem very willing to talk to her and help her with her concerns. She broke her leg four months ago and the nurses and careaids were very helpful and supportive of her as she recovered from her accident. Although I am very impressed with the care at this facility, I would like to see an increase in physical activity that caters to my aunt's special physical needs. Overall this is a wonderful facility and I would recommend it to friends and family for their loved ones.

June 29, 2011

By anonymous44

This facility is nice. By far, the best part about it is the grounds. The residents have all sorts of option outside. They can go walking or exploring or they can just go outside to enjoy the sun. They even have picnics outside. It's also a great option for residents with family and visitors. It is a popular place for the families to sit and talk with their loved ones. I've seen more than one kid running around and exploring. Definitely a better option to do that outside than in. This way, grandparents or great grandparents can still see their grandchildren and visit them without the kids getting all fidgety and bored. Everybody wins and the grounds are so beautiful.

May 29, 2011

By SandwichGuitarist

Friend or relative of resident

My great Grandpa lived here for a while. The rooms were a pretty good size with a decent bathroom. The facility was always taking groups out for what the called field trips. Really it was trips to stores to get the normal every day items people would want or need. I had the chance to eat with my grandpa in their dinning room. The food they were serving was fairly good, not as good as moms cooking, but good. The grounds outside were well taken care of, and had lots of trees that had benches and tables to sit in the shade. I would have to say that the only draw back to the place is that, this facility had a hard time dealing with people who needed more attention because a medical needs.

Independent Living Reviews for Cove Point Retirement

Costs for Cove Point Retirement

Photos of Cove Point Retirement

Services and Amenities of Cove Point Retirement

• Companion Suites: We Do Offer Companion Suites

• Pets: Pets Allowed In Independent Living Only

About Cove Point Retirement

Cove Point has been meeting the needs of seniors for over twenty-five years. We strive to make this a real home for our residents, one where they feel independent, respected and cared for. At Cove Point, you can have the best of both worlds. We offer the independence that active seniors desire, without the worries, maintenance, and expense of owning your own home.

Independent Living:

• Water, sewer and garbage included
  • Free cable television service
  • Emergency communication system
  • Noon meal (additional meals can also be arranged)
  • Scheduled transportation to doctor and other appointments
  • Recreational, social, and educational activities
  • Covered parking for your own car
  • Additional storage near each apartment

Assisted Living:

• Private room and bath
  • Three delicious meals a day and snacks
  • Free cable television service
  • Maid and laundry services
  • Includes all utilities (except telephone)
  • Recreation and social activities
  • Scheduled transportation to doctor and other appointments
  • Emergency communication system
  • Bathing assistance and limited personal care services
  • Medication reminders
  • Stroll our Beautiful Grounds
  • Beautiful park-like estate surrounded by well-manicured landscaping, flower gardens, and shady trees. Perfect for taking a leisurely stroll.

Enjoy Great Food

No more cooking! We provide three scrumptious, healthy meals a day, with special dinners for holidays and other occasions.

Keep Your Mind Active

Keep up on current events, study a new area of interest or find out about your ancestors in our beautiful library, computer room, and family history center.

Relax in Our Common Areas

Enjoy conversation in our lovely sitting rooms or watch your favorite shows in our television room. Play our baby grand piano or bask in the warmth of the fireplace.

Look and Feel Your Best

We offer an onsite fitness center and daily exercise programs to keep you active. We even offer on-site beauty and barber shop help keep you looking and feeling your best.

Our staff is made up of caring professionals who are dedicated to their jobs and go the extra mile to make a comfortable home for our residents. At Cove Point, we listen! Honoring our residents wishes and keeping them happy and healthy are our highest priorities.

Map of Cove Point Retirement