38 Assisted Living Facilities near Lindon, UT
There are 38 Assisted Living Facilities in the Lindon area, with 2 in Lindon and 36 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Lindon is $2,875 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Pleasant Grove with an average starting cost of $1,800.
To help you with your search, browse the 263 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Lindon. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Lindon 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Lindon, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Lindon, UT
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Lindon
Lindon, located in north-central Utah at the south end of the greater Salt Lake City area, became the 12th incorporated city in Utah County in 2014. The city’s name was a spelling error, as city founders intended to name it after an old Linden tree growing in the area, a mistake that was never corrected. Today, the city is home to two castles where community events take place, as well as several parks and an aquatic center. This city is also home to more than 700 seniors. To accommodate them, Lindon has two assisted living facilities located within the city limits and another 37 located in nearby communities such as American Fork, Provo and Orem.
In Lindon, as in the rest of Utah, assisted living facilities are licensed by the Facility Licensing and Certification division of the Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Lindon
- The Lindon area has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Orem.
- The cost of living in Lindon is 135.5, notably higher than both the Utah average of 117.6 and the U.S. average of 100. Although seniors can expect to pay less for groceries and transportation in the area, healthcare is higher than the national average at 104, something seniors with chronic health conditions might want to keep in mind.
- Utah fully taxes seniors on Social Security benefits and retirement savings account income. Seniors with restrictive budgets might want to consider before relocating to the Lindon area.
- Seniors who are concerned about violent crime can feel safe in Lindon. The city has a violent crime rate of 9, less than half of the national average of 22.7. Property crime rates in the city, however, are higher at 37.7, slightly higher than the national average of 35.4. Seniors may want to keep an eye on their belongings and surroundings when touring the city.
- Seniors with chronic breathing conditions may benefit from Lindon’s good air quality. The city has an air quality rating of 78 out of 100, which is 20 points higher than the national average of 58.
- Year-round Lindon temperatures range from 21 to 92 degrees. The city gets 222 sunny days per year, 17 more than the national average of 205, which might make the city more appealing to seniors who enjoy spending time outdoors.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Lindon
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Utah
Assisted Living costs in Lindon start around $2,875 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Lindon and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Lindon
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Utah page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Utah page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Lindon
Lindon and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Lindon, please visit our Assisted Living in Utah page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Lindon
Lindon-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Utah are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Utah page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Lindon
Review of Spring Gardens Lindon
We visited the assisted living of Spring Gardens. We ate there and the food I would give a two. It just doesnt have the same quality as the others. It was nice, and when we first went in they had ... Read more
Review of Rocky Mountain Care Grove Creek Assisted Living
Osmond Senior Living in Lindon was very nice and good but farther away from where my parents want to go. They were very nice and friendly. They had different types of fees for different kinds of th... Read more
Review of Rocky Mountain Care Grove Creek Assisted Living
Osmond Senior Living is a very kind, friendly, and caring place with people who check on the residents every couple of hours and do whatever needs to be done. They have great meals. I really like it. Read more