37 Assisted Living Facilities near American Fork, UT
There are 37 Assisted Living Facilities in the American Fork area, with 6 in American Fork and 31 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in American Fork is $2,595 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,346. Cheaper nearby regions include Pleasant Grove with an average starting cost of $1,800.
To help you with your search, browse the 258 reviews below for assisted living facilities in American Fork. On average, consumers rate assisted living in American Fork 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Lehi with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in American Fork, call (855) 863-8283.
6 Assisted Living Facilities in American Fork, UT
31 Assisted Living Facilities near American Fork, UT
Other Options in American Fork, UT
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in American Fork
Review of Heritage Care Center
Darn good facilities! I came in on a stretcher and walked out a few weeks later! Staff reminded me (in a good way) about my favorite teachers--very kind and helpful. Really--nothing to complain about! Read more
Review of Bel Aire Senior Living
Bel Aire Senior Living was a little bit small and the rooms were a little small, but everything else that we saw was OK. The price was good and the people were nice. It's easy to get around because... Read more
Review of Highland Glen
We went to Highland Glen. The tour guide was very nice. It didn't have an open area in the front like the others did. The part I walked in through was kind of cramped. The outdoor part was great. I... Read more
Assisted Living near Utah County, UT
More Options Near American Fork, UT
What to Consider About Assisted Living in American Fork
American Fork is located just north of Utah Lake in Utah County. The city sits at the base of Mount Timpanogos, allowing seniors to enjoy mountain and lake views from one location. A city-managed senior center ensures senior residents have social activities available each day.
Seniors looking for assisted living facilities (ALFs) in American Fork have six ALF options in American Fork and 41 additional facilities in surrounding areas. All are licensed and regulated by the Utah Department of Health, Facility Licensing and Certification.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in American Fork
- The Utah Transit Authority (UTA) serves American Fork. It runs along planned routes through the city and to adjoining areas. Seniors over the age of 65 are eligible for reduced fares on many routes.
- The city has a crime index of 29, making it safer than just 29 percent of U.S. cities. However, seniors can take comfort in the fact that the violent crime rate in the area is well below the national average, leaving property crimes to make up the difference.
- Seniors who love the snow will enjoy the 55-inch average that American Fork sees each year. Temperatures range from an average January low of 20 degrees to July highs averaging 91 degrees.
- The American Fork area is home to world-class medical facilities, including American Fork Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- For seniors with air-quality sensitivities, it's important to note that Utah County received an F grade by the American Lung Association for average number of high-ozone and particle pollution days.
- American Fork Seniors may struggle financially with a cost of living that's 18 percent higher than the national average. However, most of this inflation comes from housing costs, which are 68 percent higher than the U.S. average.
Paying for Assisted Living in American Fork
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Utah
Assisted Living costs in American Fork start around $2,595 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in American Fork and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in American Fork
Seniors who need help with the cost of assisted living in Utah may be eligible to receive aid from the state's Medicaid program. Utah's Aging Waiver offers financial assistance for supportive services, and Utah's other Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) waiver, New Choices, supports seniors already in medical facilities who wish to transition into more community-based care.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Utah page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Utah page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in American Fork
American Fork and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in American Fork, please visit our Assisted Living in Utah page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in American Fork
American Fork-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Utah are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Utah page for more information about these laws.