Bloom at Belfair

Reviews of Bloom at Belfair

Independent Living Reviews for Bloom at Belfair

September 03, 2019

By sswilkins

We are so pleased with Bloom! The facility is absolutely beautiful, and immaculately clean. There are lots of activities, outings, etc. Everything you could possibly need is available on site, which we love. My mom is in Independent Living now, but we like that memory care is going to be available when she needs it.

Thank you so much for your kind words. We value the feedback from all of our family members-good, bad, or indifferent. This helps guide us in caring for our residents in a better fashion. We look forward to your mother's arrival.

August 29, 2019

By KAWilliams

We recently moved our mom from PA to Bloom at Belfair. After a few months of her being there I can truly say she has thrived! The management and staff have made the transition such a wonderful experience. My mom loves the staff, food and the variety of activities. She went from sitting in front of a TV all day to now having her days filled with friends and socialization. We are so happy with our decision. Thank you Bloom At Belfair!

We appreciate the very kind review. It is such a great satisfaction to all of our team when we have such a success story. We truly do aim to be positive solutions for situations like these and do all that we can to achieve the best outcomes. It is our honor.

April 13, 2019

By Par B.

I visit Bloom Belfair representing my church each week. The residents are happy and ready to participate in our programs. The staff is always smiling, happy and supportive. There is a strong feeling of family. I believe the residents feel that way too!

Thank you so much for the selfless dedication of your time in helping our residents receive the spiritual guidance that you and your church provide for our memory care residents. It is comforting to us that your experience with our community and team has such a favorable impact on you. Thank you for volunteering your time for our residents.

March 07, 2019

By Marlene

Servers are great. Housekeeping is great. Front desk helps when called upon. Activity director having problems dealing with budget cut in half; sharing with memory care. Transportation excellent.

We appreciate the feedback and the very positive remarks on the dining room servers, housekeeping, front desk, and transportation. Our activity budget remains intact and has not changed from years past. Unfortunately that information is simply not correct. I look forward to discussing with you personally to set the record straight and to reassure you that nothing has changed from previous years. Again, thank you so much for your feedback, as it helps us to offer the programs and services that our residents desire and to guide us towards improvements when they may be necessary.

March 07, 2019

By Dora

Great services. Excellent housekeeping. Food is usually excellent. Should have more entertainment.

Your review is appreciated. We will share with you our entertainment schedule and seek input from our residents on what programming might interest them. Since your review, we have developed a resident Activity Steering Committee that is helping guide us to develop, plan, and execute an activity program that includes activities that our residents want, not what we think our residents want.

January 28, 2019

By Susan

My father had to suddenly leave his home of 30 years because of a sudden health incident while visiting me out of state. After his hospitalization and almost 3 months living with me, he was looking for a place of his own because he knew sadly that he could not return to his home and wanted his space. I gathered a list of places to visit, Bloom at Belfair was our first one on the list. After visiting the facility, having a nice lunch, and talking with Eric F. the director, we came home to talk about our visit. My dad did not want to look anywhere else, and felt that this was the place for him. His apartment meets his needs perfectly, is compact, extremely clean and bright and is very homey as well. The entire facility is so clean, cheery and staffed with wonderful people. My dad feels secure, they treat him wonderfully, and I could not be happier because I know he is well taken care of. When I come to visit, everyone is friendly and knows who I am, Tricia greets me with a smile and watches over my dad and helps him with questions, as I have seen her do with many others. He is in the best place possible and I know he is safe. It is always hard to begin another chapter with a parent, but, other than his house, I feel blessed to have visited Bloom at Belfair first. You will not be disappointed!

March 19, 2018

By Paul

We chose Bloom at Belfair for my mom because of the quick response from the director with him answering all the questions and making the process really smooth and easy. He also knew every resident by name and what they were up to, so I was impressed with that. Every afternoon, they'd have an entertainer or performer come in, or a happy hour. They also immediately got my mom set up with a table of people to have lunch and dinner with and she made a bunch of new friends. They had a great meal selection.

March 13, 2018

By Loretto

The staff members at Bloom at Belfair are absolutely great, especially the serving staff in the dining room. We're going on a shopping trip to Walmart tomorrow. On Friday nights we have wine, there's Bingo, exercises in the morning three times a week, and so on.

December 07, 2017

By Larry

I visited the independent living of Bloom at Belfair. The appearance was nice, but the rooms were small. The person we spoke to was disinterested, but they gave us a delicious apple pie. The dining room was sufficient, and the food was fine.

May 31, 2017

By liz710851

Bloom at Belfair was nice, but the rooms were inconsistent. The hallways and the facility itself were lovely. The pricing was competitive, and the staff was friendly.

April 05, 2017

By happy visitor227882

Bloom at Belfair was lovely and very good. The girl, Susan, who gave us the tour was excellent. The dining area was great, but the rooms were on the small side and there wasn't a whole lot of closet space. It was very clean and every person we met was very friendly. It seemed to have a lively atmosphere.

Memory Care Reviews for Bloom at Belfair

November 19, 2016

By John202067

The people at Bloom at Belfair were really nice and cooperative. It's a nice place, and they're very friendly people. The rooms are typical, and they have activities and other benefits. It looks like a decent place and is as good as any.

May 11, 2015

By Pam R.

I “kidnapped” my mom a couple of months ago from Memphis, TN and moved her to Bluffton. Her living conditions were so bad, I literally drove to Memphis and packed her and a suitcase and drove back to Bluffton. I visited a few places and Belfair was last to see and first on my list after visiting all on our list. Mom moved in the next week and I cannot tell you how wonderful Tiffany and the staff have been. The first 3 weeks were very difficult. Moving from your home of 40 years and being placed somewhere that you know no one. She was sad and stayed in her room, but she was encouraged to get out and slowly but surely she started getting involved in a few things. Tiffany made us feel welcome and has been very accommodating letting us borrow furniture until hers gets here next week. We connected from the beginning and I am so glad to know that she is an important part of the Bloom team. Everyone has gone above and beyond. Dr. Chambers came to her room the first week as mom couldn’t leave her room, the Physical therapists have gone above and beyond to help her with her legs. Mom told me last night that she knows this is best for her and she has never had anyone work so hard with her to get her moving again. The staff in the dining room call her by name. We all love to hear our name, and I am sure they have lots to remember. Thank you for doing all that you all do. This has been one of the hardest events of my life, much less for my mother, but has turned into such a positive experience for us all. The best part if my mother looks so much happier, and I know she is safe, fed and cared for. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

April 18, 2015

By Denis2

My wife is in Bloom at Belfair. It's very clean, and the food is good. They're taking good care of her and treating her very well. I'm very happy. They got her stabilized, and she is doing quite well. The nurse is great. I certainly would recommend the place.
See all Memory Care reviews (7) See fewer reviews

• Staff Patient Ratio: 8:1

• Licenses: South Carolina
  • State Licenses: CRC-1510

About Bloom at Belfair

Bloom at Belfair is a family-owned and operated independent living, independent living plus and memory care establishment. Since 1965, our goal has been simple yet aspirational: to help our residents flourish. Entering a Bloom community does not mean checking your lifestyle or personality at the door. Residents continue to live life to its fullest potential, enjoying their favorite activities while discovering new ones, and blooming into their best selves through growth and discovery.

Bloom's memory care has the distinct honor of receiving a perfect rating and "Deficiency Free Survey" from the South Carolina Department of Health & Environmental Control, as well as, a 2013 best design award from the Assisted Living Federation of America. The program is uniquely designed featuring interactive neighborhoods situated around Town Square with working "Life Skills Stores” (i.e general store, old-fashioned ice cream parlor, book nook, art center, hobby shop, post office, barber shop, news stand, toy store, candy shop and vintage sporting goods store). Open to residents 24 hours a day, Town Square represents Main Street America reminiscent of the early 1940's developed to bring back long-term memories and ensure residents relate to familiar settings from their yesteryear. Main Street opens into outdoor courtyards complete with putting greens, dog parks and shuffleboard courts.

Bloom's personalized service and superior care enable residents to enjoy the privacy of home, combined with the security and convenience of assistance and a maintenance-free environment. This is provided in a vibrant and intimate setting, located on a private, 6-acre plot in the heart of Bluffton, South Carolina.

We are family owned and operated and have been caring for seniors for nearly 50 years. We have a stellar talented on-site management team and focus upon resident centered care in our memory care program. The memory care program is the largest and most innovative in the state of South Carolina with a 40's style design consistent with our programming.

Map of Bloom at Belfair