Country Meadows of York West York, PA

Offers Assisted Living, Independent Living, Nursing Homes, Continuing Care Communities, and Memory Care

1920 Trolley Road, York, PA 17408
Country Meadows of York West (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Country Meadows of York West

Assisted Living Reviews for Country Meadows of York West

August 15, 2019

By Sandy Dumanski

My mother was a resident for 4 years. The staff was professional, but also treated my mother as if she were family. There are so many activities, there is something for everyone. The level of care is excellent. They have Happy Hours with entertainment, exercise classes, day trips, bingo, on site religious services, and many special events. They even offer transportation to and from medical visits, which was a huge help to our family!

Thank you for allowing the honor of getting to know your mother. Our co-workers truly do consider residents to be members of their own families and we are thrilled you felt the love! We appreciate your kind words and again, thank you.

April 25, 2017

By Teresa104644

We were able to afford Country Meadows of York. I can’t say anything but good things about the staff. We have not had problems. They have done more than what we were expecting, so I’m very pleased. Right now, he’s independent, then they have another tier for nursing assistance and a wing for memory/Alzheimer’s. They cost different prices. My father has only been there a month, so he’s just getting into the activities. They have an exercise area, a gift shop, and a large room where they gather. The other night, they had a band come in to play. For the rate that we have, he gets one dinner and his breakfast is like a Continental breakfast. My sister is only 10 minutes away so she takes him to his doctors, but they offer free rides within 10 miles of the facility.

Thank you for choosing Country Meadows. Please reach out with any questions you may have.

October 05, 2016

By Adrian231574

The place was very nice and it seems like it’s a very high quality. All the staff smiles a lot, and they say hi to you. It was quite professional and very nice. I think the people really like what they do, and the setting is very nice. Physical appearance is very nice at Country Meadows. Everything is single storey with wings as far as the building goes.

Thank you for stopping by. We are very proud of our York team of co-workers who truly love the residents for whom they care.

November 19, 2012

By Rainy1

The home was very welcoming and helpful. The relative I visited was placed with a roommate originally, due to the onset of dementia. The staff was always friendly, even when there was trouble with the insurance payment and money was owed. They never threatened to kick her out or treated her with any less respect. As her dementia worsened, they moved her to a more secure room as she would wander off on her own and get lost and confused. They kept a close eye on her. When she developed pneumonia and her situation worsened, they then brought in Hospice. She was treated with dignity and respect, which is what anyone deserves in that stage of life. We know our family member could be extremely difficult and belligerent at times, but they handled the situation with the utmost care. They also called regularly with updates or any pertinent information regarding her situation, so we always felt kept in the loop.

August 30, 2012

By jolly jane

Our great grandmother lives in an assisted living facility and is quite pleased with it. She never calls and has complaints and seems to be quite satisfied with her personal care takers. They have community games and grandma has quite a few friends that she has made there. I know she would not want to trade and thinks the people there are genuine and really there to help her.

July 05, 2012

By LRedding

My mother is a Country Meadows of York on Trolley Rd resident. She enjoys the amenities and opportunity to participate in organized events at the site. She also seems to enjoy the dining and socialness of the facility. My mother enjoys the staff and other residents and has formed many relationships while there. She has also been allowed to have a library cart to collect and disperse books to the residents. We feel very comfortable with our mother being there.

January 27, 2012

By Megan Rose

My grandfather actually lived in this retirement community for the final years of his life. What really surprised me was that he said that they were some of the best. I think that this was mainly because of the staff at Country Meadows. I have only spoken to a few in passing while visiting my grandfather, but from what I could gather they were a very nice bunch. They were always so nice and sincere. One thing that grandfather really enjoyed was that the staff there didn't really treat him as if he were living in a stereotypical retirement community. They always made sure that he had his independence, and they were just there if he ever needed help. I would highly recommend this retirement facility to anyone who is interested. I myself am even thinking about going when i am in my golden years. It is very important to make sure that your loved ones are happy and taken care of.

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Country Meadows of York West

Memory Care Reviews for Country Meadows of York West

About Country Meadows of York West

Country Meadows York — West has a quaint suburban setting in a residential neighborhood off Pennsylvania Route 74 in Shiloh. This retirement community is conveniently close to West Manchester Town Center and UPMC Memorial Hospital, and it’s approximately 4 miles from Downtown York.

Offering a broad range of senior living options, Country Meadows of York — West lets seniors transition smoothly as their needs change. Its Pathways Restorative Services facility offers emotional and spiritual support, in addition to short- and long-term rehabilitative therapy and specialized fitness programs. Connections Memory Support Services are offered at different levels in the assisted living and memory care neighborhoods. Independent living residents are offered continental breakfast and one full meal for lunch or dinner daily. All residents have 24-hour access to the community’s medical staff.

The attractive campus of Country Meadows of York — West has open and secured landscaped grounds with walking paths and relaxing patio areas. Its ground-level apartment neighborhoods are accessible and pet-friendly. Residents enjoy restaurant-style dining with choices of daily featured entrees and alternative options. The bistro offers casual fare that can be enjoyed for indoor or outdoor dining, and snacks, beverages and fresh fruits are available all day. Friends and family are welcome to join the residents on occasional Sunday brunches.

Map of Country Meadows of York West