Walden's View Senior Living

Reviews of Walden's View Senior Living

Assisted Living Reviews for Walden's View Senior Living

February 15, 2019

By James McDoogleworth

After many months of using an in home caregiver for mom we decided we just couldn't do it anymore. My mom was lonely an we were all snapping with each other. Since we moved her to Waldens view she is like a new person. She has made some new friends, goes to all kinds of activities they have an even has gained some weight.....thanks to everyone there it was a great decision for our family

November 04, 2017

By KrisM52

The facility could have been a nice place to have a family member live but the management is awful. The sales woman made false promises and any time you went to the executive director she wasn't very pleasant, and overheard someone say that she didn't care about the employees as long as there was a breathing body. I had a billing issue with my father's bill and the woman that runs the business department gave me the run around along with an attitude. I think that they need a management overhaul in order to make it a better facility. Moving my father was the best decision.

March 03, 2017

By avoicefortheelderly

Poor management. Often short-handed of staff. Very high turn-over of staff. Theft abounds. Dirty facilities (cobwebs on lighting, old crumbs and sticky food on seats, awful stench, floors not cleaned, tubs/showers dirty, and windows not cleaned). Laundry service expensive, yet very poor. Clothing items ruined, sent to wrong person, misplaced, or returned with untreated stains. When you take an issue or concern to management, it is met with false promises (no follow through), false informations (often) or blank stares accompanied with no comment in return. Safety issues are of utmost concern in every aspect of the organization from safeguarding a person's dignity (shower in memory care is off the dining room and privacy is not always a primary concern) to their property (theft, misplacements, missing items never seen again) to their health and well being (physical decline from lack of an adequate number of activities) to freedom from bodily harm (falls, slapped/dragged by other residents). Many residents have fallen there and had to be relocated due to the severity of their injuries, complications from their injuries and worse. Doorways are too narrow for wheelchairs in the memory care unit, there are holes in the second floor hallway floor near baseboards under the carpet big enough in which one could catch a toe or a walker wheel at the lower building, the support beams in rooms are cracking in the lower building), Medical record keeping is not up to par or sometimes nonexistent. Visits by doctors are not recorded, incorrect information may be recorded (left rather than right leg injury, for instance), notes written are not always in the correct form and sometime include opinions rather than facts and observable events. Menus often get changed without notice. The memory care unit residents do not get dinner choices on the menu. My loved one's physical status and cognition declined significantly and rapidly after admission to the memory care unit. It was gut-wrenching to see others there in rapid decline, too. Inspection results and complaints/resolutions are not posted in a prominent public area to access independently. Be vigilant families. Ask the tough questions. Ask for records. Do your homework.

March 02, 2017

By liljit

Although the place was under construction, it still was not clean. The staff were very friendly, but unfortunately there is not enough of them. I came to visit my mother and she was on the floor in her room with door closed. Always in wet diapers to the point she was gaulded between her legs. The day she came home the side of her face was black and blue with a large cut on her forehead. Never again..

November 20, 2016

By Darlene026213

These people, they put all the residents in a circle, and they all just sit there. Nobody was with these poor people. It is so sad. The front of where they interview you at the Waldens was a really nice place. And then, she proceeded to take me up the elevator. As soon as I stepped into that elevator, the stench started.

October 27, 2016

By Georgine E

I know that my father is very well taken care of at Walden's View. The staff is trained to care for the residents there especially ones with dementia. They are very kind and understanding and I truly appreciate that. And the food is good! My dad loves it!

August 18, 2016

By reward03

My mom recently moved into the memory care. This was a painful and hard decision for us but after just a a few weeks, we feel we made the best decision for my mom.. The entire staff has made it so much easier on us. We visited so many secure places and they all looked like an institution. Walden's View is like a mini city for the men and women living there. Kudos to the nurses, staff and housekeepers!

July 01, 2016

By jmi

The memory care facility has high turnover and it seems there is never enough staff around to help. I've seen people slide out of their chairs and have been there when people fell. I've seen human feces on the floor and wheel chairs roll through it and residents in socks walk through it.. My loved one has had missing clothing, (so I've had to purchase more socks and underwear,) has been slapped by another resident, has had skin tears and bruises that I don't know how it happened and I discovered there was an ER visit when I got a bill from the insurance company 3 weeks afterward. Noone even called me about . In memory care, the residents can't tell you what is happening so you have to really be watching and be their advocate. The cost is $4000/month so I would expect better. It's dirty and shabby. Renovations have been going on for many months but not a lot of progress. Hopefully it will be better when the renovations are complete, but for now the furniture is stained and has visible ancient crumbs and old lint balls in the crevices, there is mold and stains in the bathroom, torn screen on the window in the bedroom, and foul odor as soon as you get on the elevator.

November 30, 2015

By anonymous116559850

Walden’s View wasn’t as clean and nice as the other place I visited. I think it’s actually very dirty. They have activities, but they need to improve employee attitudes.

September 07, 2015

We’ve put my mother-in-law into Walden's View Senior Living. The facility is very clean; the aides are helpful and kind. The rooms are a little bit older. They told us there are some rooms that are updated with new bathrooms, but where my mother-in-law is, it has not been updated. The dining room is very nice and bright. The food itself is good; they will post a menu, and then they will change it, so she will go into dinner and think she’s going for one thing, so she was a little disappointed about that. They do a lot of activities; everyday they have something for the residents to do.

January 15, 2015

My mother is here, and it is very clean and very home-like. The staff are very caring and communicate pretty well. They have people who come in and do different things with the patients. They have sing-alongs and perform plays, and they have activities throughout the day.

November 30, 2014

By Teresa38

The facility is nice. I’m very happy with it so far. She’s only been there a week, but the staff seemed very nice, very competent, and very caring. The facility itself used to be a hotel so the area that they used for the dining room is the dining room for the hotel. The reason I chose this is because its 5 minutes from my house.

Memory Care Reviews for Walden's View Senior Living

Costs for Walden's View Senior Living

Photos of Walden's View Senior Living

Services and Amenities of Walden's View Senior Living

• Fee Structure Extra: We Offer A Month To Month Rental

• Housing Extra: Shared/Private Studios For Assisted Living Private Studios For Memory Care

• Features Extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym

• Tai Chi

• Minimum Age: None

Training Areas

• Memory Care Training

About Walden's View Senior Living

Walden's View Senior Living provides a high standard of care for seniors. Our community is designed specifically for seniors suffering from Alzheimer's and other forms of dementia.

We offer an innovated and forward-thinking approach, ensuring a high quality of life for seniors and peace of mind for their loved ones. Each member of our care team has undergone specialized training, allowing us to provide a consistently high standard of care.

Our wonderful seniors enjoy access to a wide range of services and amenities, including:

• Meals provided, with accommodations for special dietary needs and preferences
  • On-site beautician and barber services
  • Well-appointed common areas with comfortable seating and fireplaces
  • Housekeeping and laundry services
  • Conveniently located near public transportation
  • Outside patio garden
  • Pet-friendly community that accommodates dogs and cats

We enjoy a high quality of life while their loved ones can rest assured that needs are being met. Our community promotes the freedom, individuality and importance of each resident. We are proud of our beautiful community, and we look forward to having you join us for fun and enrichment.

Walden's View Senior Living is a senior community located in North Huntingdon, Pennsylvania, which is a city in Westmoreland County. This beautiful city is home to several historic sites, such as the Fullerton Inn, as well as easy access to shopping, dining and recreational opportunities. Whether you are relocating to this city or planning a weekend trip to North Huntington, you will enjoy exploring all that it has to offer.

Map of Walden's View Senior Living