Stone Oak Retirement Resort

Reviews of Stone Oak Retirement Resort

Independent Living Reviews for Stone Oak Retirement Resort

September 21, 2017

By James

I liked Stone Oak, I liked the people, and there were lots of activities going on. I went back to an evening music presentation and ate some goodies. It was brand new, around 60% occupied, and everything looked it. The food was a bit bland, but you have an option to order a special meal if you wanted, like in a restaurant.

May 06, 2017

By Jean754408

Stone Oak Retirement Resort is very nice, and I liked the rooms and the place very much. The food was fine except that it's cafeteria-style and I prefer to be seated and waited on.

With our FREEDOM DINING Stone Oak offers a variety of delicious meal service styles: we offer Casual Dining -- through our buffet line with help from servers throughout the dining room to assist with getting settled at the table and to serve drinks; some meals that we call Fine Dining -- that are restaurant-style (sit-down, white table cloth, ordering from a special menu, with meal served in courses at your table by your waiter); Chef's Pantry -- a wonderful, no cost to the resident, user friendly "grab-and-go" selection of snacks, sandwiches, juices and more; Our Sandwich and Pizza station -- for sandwiches, pizzas, hamburgers, cheeseburgers, pizzas made to order from 7AM through 7PM. Plus, we are happy to deliver meals to our residents' apartments at no cost. Having delicious meals offered in a variety of styles is just one example of how our residents enjoy their resort lifestyle at Stone Oak. Everything is included!

March 29, 2017

By Kathy685170

Stone Oak Retirement Community is what my mother-in-law chose, and we like it a lot. They are very friendly and very accommodating. It is very clean and also new. The room size is bigger than all the ones we looked at for a 1-bedroom, which was a big selling point. The food is very good. They have something available for like 7 to 7, so if you just want to go get a sandwich or something, you don’t have to only go during breakfast hours or lunch hours or dinner hours; you can go anytime and pick up something. They have a medic alert system for the residents, and I know that somebody on staff is the first to go check on them and check out what they need, and then they’ll call 911 if they need to.

August 16, 2016

By Carol060684

My experience at Stone Oak was very positive. I liked the woman who was showing me around. She was very thoughtful, kind, and full of information. The place has an exercise room with some pieces of equipment in it, and they have exercise classes. There are so many activities that I could probably never go to all of them. The facility is very generous. At one point, one set of grandkids and parents came, and at another point, another set came, and the food was free for all of them. I have already made some friends there, so it's where I'm definitely going.

Questions about Stone Oak Retirement Resort

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Stone Oak Retirement Resort. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Stone Oak residents are well-rounded individuals aged 55 and over who live life at their own pace. Some continue to refine a lifelong hobby, or work, while others delight in learning new activities and skills.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

With the picturesque streetscapes of Old Hilliard, the excellent schools, and the close proximity to Colombus's thriving culinary and culture scene, Hilliard is the ideal location for Stone Oak.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Stone Oak Retirement Resort has organized?

Our full-time lifestyle director collaborates with residents to develop a wide variety of events and activities tailored to the interests of the community. Dinner outings as well as trips to the local farmers market and shopping centers are often found on the weekly agenda.

What transportation services does Stone Oak Retirement Resort offer to independent living residents?

Stone Oak offers scheduled transportation to professional appointments and group outings, we also offer valet parking for our residents.

What makes the chef or dining program at Stone Oak Retirement Resort exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

Freedom Dining is Stone Oak's most popular feature. The program includes flexible dining hours throughout the day, plus the option to choose from a variety of dining experiences: fine dining, casual buffet dining including pizza, salads, sandwiches; on-the-go snacks; room service is also available as an option, at no additional charge. Our Freedom Dining program ensures residents have ample time to dine, plus plenty of nutritionally-balanced meal options, prepared by our Executive Chef daily.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

We have a fabulous 150 seat theatre to host live performances, meetings, and of course a great place to take in a movie. Other areas of the community to enjoy include the 24 hour fitness center, library, billiards room and computer center. There is also a gift shop/pharmacy, salon/barber and a bank/credit union located on the premises for your convenience.

What safety features or security measures does Stone Oak Retirement Resort offer to independent living residents?

Stone Oak is a 24/7 professionally staffed community with live in managers and concierge services. For your safety, Stone Oak is equipped with a medical alert system, all included.

If Stone Oak Retirement Resort accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Stone Oak is a pet friendly community, with no additional fee.

Photos of Stone Oak Retirement Resort

Services and Amenities of Stone Oak Retirement Resort

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

• General Store

About Stone Oak Retirement Resort

Our all-inclusive, resort-style community is home to adults 55 and over who seek a 5-star retirement experience at an affordable price. Stone Oak offers residents luxurious senior housing accommodations, around-the-clock attentive care, and an array of on-site conveniences.

Designed for your comfort, our community feature studios, 1-, 2-, and 3-bedroom apartments with a variety of floor plans and smart details to complement your lifestyle. Each apartment is unfurnished but includes window coverings, a climate-controlled thermostat, carpeting, ceiling fans, and ample storage. Enjoy the freedom to decorate your new home to your individual taste.

Map of Stone Oak Retirement Resort