La Grange is a small community in Cook County, Illinois, and it’s a suburb of Chicago. An estimated 2,600 of the village’s 16,000+ residents are retirees aged 65 and older. This tight-knit community sees almost no crime and enjoys around 200 days of sunshine each year. Despite being a small village, La Grange is home to the faith-based AMITA Health Adventist Medical Center La Grange.

Nursing homes provide care to frail seniors who need 24/7 attention and supervision. These facilities have on-site nurses who can manage residents’ medical needs, including chronic illnesses. As older adults who live in these facilities have complex needs, there’s a low staff-to-resident ratio, which is why skilled nursing units are the most expensive type of senior care. In La Grange, the median monthly rate for a semiprivate room is $8,076. More independent seniors might consider assisted living or home care.

This guide provides a comparison of nursing home costs with other types of senior care and other metropolitan areas. It also includes several resources for seniors living in La Grange.

Directory of Nursing Homes in La Grange, IL

Lexington of Lagrange

4735 South Willow Springs Road, La Grange, IL, 60525

My husband was in Lexington of Lagrange for twenty-one days of rehab, and it was awful. Those people are not good, and I would never send anybody back there again. I didn’t hear him saying that the fo … (read more)

Meadowbrook Lagrange

339 9th Avenue, La Grange, IL, 60525

My sister is at the Meadowbrook LaGrange nursing home. They have 2 large parking spaces, one especially for the doctors and then the other one for the visitors. I noticed that and I liked it even thou … (read more)

2021

Oak Trace

200 Village Drive, Downers Grove, IL, 60516

My mother was approved for rehab at Oak Trace. I visited the facility. It was everything we were looking for. We are excited about the transition. Oak Trace found out that she needed a series of injec … (read more)

Plymouth Place

315 North La Grange Road, La Grange Park, IL, 60526

Plymouth Place in La Grange Park, a western suburb of Chicago, Illinois, is nestled in a tranquil residential area where residents can walk to the nearby Gordon Park or the city’s downtown area. Revie … (read more)

Lexington of Elmhurst

420 WEST BUTTERFIELD ROAD, Elmhurst, IL, 60126

Holy Family Villa

12220 SOUTH WILL COOK ROAD, Palos Park, IL, 60464

My mom was in Holy Family Villa. She got very good care. The staff was attentive to her needs. The place was clean. You hear some things about nursing homes where they’re not very sanitary or kept up, … (read more)

ProMedica Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation (Palos Heights East)

7850 WEST COLLEGE DRIVE, Palos Heights, IL, 60463

My 92 year old mom passed away at this facility 9 months ago On january 18th 2021. She had lost a good portion of her eyesight within 10 months prior to entering this facility. She then had something … (read more)

Cantata Adult Life Services

8700 West 31St Street, Brookfield, IL, 60513

My dad stayed at Cantata for 1 week. He mysteriously died after 7 days. The staff left him laying in feces for several days until we found out and complained. My dad told us some of the staff we … (read more)

Columbus Manor Resident Care Home

5107 21 West Jackson Blvd , Chicago, IL, 60644

Great facility with lots of care and concern for their residents. One of the best facilities on the west side of Chicago. I would recommend this home to any of my friends or family.

Pershing Convalescent Home

3900 South Oak Park Avenue, Chicago, IL, 60402

The staff here were kind, attentive, and truly went out of their way to help me. Lots of nursing homes are mediocre looking and short staffed, but the difference here was that the employees really car … (read more)

Rush Oak Park Hsp Skilled Care Unit

520 SOUTH MAPLE AVENUE, Oak Park, IL, 60304

While a lot of hospitals have done away with skilled care units on site, Rush Oak Park has maintained theirs. This is a unit licensed as skilled nuring beds, just like a nursing home, but within the … (read more)

Park Place Health & Wellness Center

1150 S. Euclid Avenue, Elmhurst, IL, 60126

This was a very pleasant experience, in spite of health issues that brought me here. The admissions rep., Kim, was very helpful in coordinating the transfer from the hospital.

Chateau Center Nursing & Rehabilitation Center

7050 Madison Street, Willowbrook, IL, 60527

This is the worst facility ever no communication. Horrible physical therapy, upper management doesn’t help and the staff is so rude to residents they treat them like garbage. The food is disgusting. T … (read more)

Beacon Hill

2400 S Finley Rd, Lombard, IL, 60148

They are great at making sure residents have enough sleep, and have good hygiene. On the nights she gets a shower, she is done by 6:30 pm. so she can go to bed. Sometime’s they let her sleep in till … (read more)

Westchester Health & Rehabilitation

2901 Wolf Rd, Westchester, IL, 60154

First of all we never plan to place a loved one away from his or her home. Upon entering a facility, a calm should come across. That is what I felt within a few moments. Still not liking the idea, we … (read more)

Villa Scalabrini Nsg & Rehab

480 NORTH WOLF ROAD, Northlake, IL, 60164

My mother was in the rehab facility for about four weeks and finally was discharged a few days ago. She had fallen and broken her hip and was placed here after her surgery for rehab. She had previousl … (read more)

Bethesda Home & Retirement Center

2833 NORTH NORDICA AVENUE, Chicago, IL, 60634

I was in Bethesda Rehab & Senior Care two months ago. That place wasn’t that big but they were nice and friendly. It’s not as fancy, but it’s very clean. If you don’t like their food, they will ge … (read more)

Manorcare of Hinsdale

600 WEST OGDEN AVENUE, Hinsdale, IL, 60521

My mother was a patient at manorcare. She was going to have 2 weeks of physical therapy and then home.,but her dementia got worse and we knew that was not going work. She received excellent care, … (read more)

The Grove of Berwyn

3601 South Harlem Ave, Berwyn, IL, 60402

My brother is currently staying at Grove of Berwyn. I can’t go in there, we’re not allowed in. The staff member said when I dropped things off for him they had to have a paper signed for that. The sta … (read more)

Oakbrook Healthcare Centre

2013 Midwest Road, Oak Brook, IL, 60521

Oakbrook Healthcare Centre is the facility my mother-in-law was released from and now she’s going back in to do some rehab. They’re going to see if she’ll stay there or in the other facilities that wo … (read more)

Nursing Home Costs in La Grange, IL

A semiprivate room in a La Grange nursing home is priced at $8,076 on average per month, while the respective rate for a private room is $556 more.

The Cost of Nursing Home Care in Nearby Cities

Skilled nursing units in La Grange cost more than the corresponding state and national medians of $6,235 and $7,756. La Grange is one of the costliest options for nursing home care in Illinois. On the Wisconsin state line, in Rockford, the average rate of $5,825 is significantly lower than in La Grange. Kankakee is only an hour’s drive south, but nursing homes there cost $1,536 less. Further south, in cities such as Peoria ($6,737) and Bloomington ($6,996), the median rates for nursing homes are at least $1,000 below La Grange.

$8076

Peoria

$6996

Bloomington

The Cost of Other Types of Senior Care

Making the choice to move a loved one into a nursing home can be difficult. There are other options for older adults who don’t need constant supervision, such as assisted living communities at an average rate of $4,950. Seniors who can safely live on their own may opt for home care and home health care at costs of $4,957 and $5,053 respectively. The most affordable senior care type in La Grange is adult day health care, which costs around $1,614 each month.

$4957

Adult day health care

$4950

Assisted living

$8076

Nursing home (semiprivate room)

$8532

Nursing home (private room)

Note: Data for La Grange was unavailable, so data for the nearest city, Chicago, was used instead.

Financial Assistance for Nursing Home Care in La Grange, IL

Free Resources for Seniors in La Grange, IL

There are many services that can help seniors in La Grange plan their long-term care whether that means finding an appropriate nursing home or delaying transitioning into one.

Resource

Contact

Service

Aging Care Connections provides supportive services to older adults in the La Grange area. This nonprofit helps seniors find resources and benefits available to them and assists with the application process. Seniors can also benefit from tailored care management as well as help transitioning to and from nursing homes.

The ombudsman program is there to ensure that the rights of nursing home residents are protected. Seniors can get in touch with their nearest ombudsman for advice on their residential rights or to express concerns about the care they’re receiving.

SHIP is a statewide counseling service for seniors. Trained insurance experts advise older adults and their family members on topics like Medicare, Medicare Advantage Plans, Medicaid and long-term care options. All advice is free and confidential, and counselors are not allowed to sell any products to callers.

This program delivers food to eligible homebound seniors aged 60 and older. Recipients can choose between a daily hot lunch or five frozen meals.

Seniors can contact this charity for free legal advice. Volunteers with the service provide assistance on matters like guardianship, public benefits and health care.