Just outside of Chicago, Glenview is a village that’s primarily residential. Over 1 in 5 of the city’s 47,308 residents are seniors aged 65 or older. For medical care, the village’s older adults may turn to the Glenbrook Hospital, which includes joint replacements and spinal, neurologic and vision care among its specialties.

In Chicago, according to the Genworth 2020 Cost of Care Survey, the average nursing home resident pays $8,076 per month for a semiprivate room, which is slightly higher than the corresponding national rate of $7,756. Nursing homes are relatively expensive, but in return, they provide advanced levels of care, with residents able to access around-the-clock care and attention from professionals like licensed nurses and therapists. Seniors who don’t rely on such high levels of care may find that assisted living or home health care is a better, more budget-friendly setup.

The next part of this guide looks more closely at the costs of various forms of senior care. Then, it concludes with some resources that can meet a variety of the needs of Glenview’s older adults.

Directory of Nursing Homes in Glenview, IL

Abington of Glenview

3901 GLENVIEW ROAD, Glenview, IL, 60025

My wife just entered Abington of Glenview for rehab. Her reception and admission could not have been any better. Everybody was so nice and friendly, that it set her mind fully at ease. I would give … (read more)

Glenview Terrace Nursing Center

1511 GREENWOOD ROAD, Glenview, IL, 60025

My mother went to Glenview Terrace after hospitalization. I have everything positive and no negatives whatsoever to recommend Glenview Terrace: caring staff, a lot of attention, communication with us … (read more)

CITADEL OF GLENVIEW

1700 EAST LAKE AVENUE, Glenview, IL, 60025

The nurses are all very helpful! I feel that my grandpa is safe, and they are able to administer his pain medicine consistently to keep him normal throughout the day.

Fairway View Neighborhoods

201 Mark Drive, Glenview, IL, 56278

Grosse Pointe Manor

6601 6601 West Touhy Avenue, Niles, IL, 60714

I checked out other nursing homes in the area. Grosse Pointe Manor stood out because of the warmth that I witnessed between the staff and the residents. Also I saw many residents walking whereas at … (read more)

Lincolnwood Place

7000 N. McCormick Blvd., Lincolnwood Town Center, Lincolnwood, IL, 60712

A short drive from Chicago, Lincolnwood Place is located in Lincolnwood, Illinois, close to the Lincolnwood Town Center and Westfield Old Orchard. Residents and their loved ones describe this communit … (read more)

Westminster Place

3200 Grant Street, Evanston, IL, 60201

2015

Central Baptist Village

4747 North Canfield Avenue, Norridge, IL, 60706

Our mother-in-law spent a little over 6 weeks in rehab at CBV after a hip fracture. She had been 89 years old, mentally sharp, and living alone before this. We felt so fortunate to find a bed for he … (read more)

Buckingham Pavilion

2625 WEST TOUHY AVENUE, Chicago, IL, 60645

Buckingham Pavilion is a warm welcoming nursing home and rehabilitation center with a very caring staff who gave my mother a sense of family during the 4.5 years she resided there. She loved interacti … (read more)

Greek American Rehab Care Center

220 N FIRST STREET, Wheeling, IL, 60090

We visited a place called Greek American; it was a gorgeous place, but we couldn’t afford it. It was probably the most beautiful facility I have ever seen. Their secured unit, you have to have a code … (read more)

Addolorata Villa

555 McHenry Road, Wheeling, IL, 60090

My mother passed away 3 years ago just a month shy of 104. I acknowledged the wonderful care my mother received during her time in Assisted Living and the Nursing home. Addolorata Villa provided e … (read more)

Elevate Care Riverwoods Skilled Nursing

3705 Deerfield Road, Riverwoods, IL, 60015

I was a resident of Brentwood North Nursing & Rehabilitation Centre. It was great, but it was just really confined. They had more cameras than a casino in there. Their staff was more hands on, and … (read more)

Citadel of Wilmette

432 Poplar Drive, Wilmette, IL, 60091

I was so nervous to transition my dad into a "nursing home" because all the stories I have heard from my friends. He was at another facility for only 2 weeks and they wanted to discharge him. It was a … (read more)

Covenant Health Care Center Northbrook

2625 Techny Road, Northbrook, IL, 60062

I am WELL acquainted with this facility!! My husband lived there for THREE years and I visited almost EVERY day!! I can state without reservations that this is one of the top nursing homes in the sta … (read more)

St Benedict Nursing & Rehab

6930 WEST TOUHY AVENUE, Niles, IL, 60714

My uncle was a patient at St. Benedict’s for several weeks from May through July of this year following a series of small strokes. I was very impressed with the quality of the staff overall, from the … (read more)

Dobson Plaza

120 Dodge Avenue, Evanston, IL, 60202

My Aunt has been a Dobson Plaza resident since August 2020. In light of her dementia, and as her sole Caregiver, I had to make a number of heart-wrenching decisions on her behalf. Fortunately in makin … (read more)

Park Ridge Care Center

665 BUSSE HIGHWAY, Park Ridge, IL, 60068

Wonderful small home that takes care of people with Downs Syndrome and other developmental disabilities with Alzheimer’s, Dementia and other physical issues. The place is clean and didn’t have any … (read more)

Norwood Crossing

6016 North Nina Avenue, Chicago, IL, 60631

Norwood Crossing is located in the Norwood Park neighborhood of Chicago, Illinois, near Presence Resurrection Medical Center and the Roden Branch of the Chicago Public Library. Visitors compliment the … (read more)

Oakton Pavillion

1660 OAKTON PLACE, Des Plaines, IL, 60018

My Husband had advanced Alzheimer’s Disease. The staff took excellent care of him for the last 6 months of his life. They were compassionate to myself and my husband. The entire staff is awesome! … (read more)

Bella Terra Wheeling

730 WEST HINTZ ROAD, Wheeling, IL, 60090

My mom moved to Bella Terra Wheeling. They post every day about different activities that they do. They have crafts and cards that they play, they have a varied amount of different things that they do … (read more)

Nursing Home Costs in Glenview, Illinois

In Glenview’s nursing homes, the average monthly rates for semiprivate and private rooms are $8,076 and $8,532, respectively.

The Cost of Nursing Home Care in Nearby Cities

Comparisons of semiprivate nursing home rates reveal that Glenview, where the cost is $8,076, is slightly more expensive than the average American city; the national average is $7,756. Additionally, there’s a considerable gap between Glenview and the Illinois state average of $6,235.

A somewhat smaller difference exists between Glenview and Kankakee, where the average is $6,540. The same applies to Glenview versus Bloomington and Danville, which have respective average costs of $6,996 and $6,874. However, Rockford is over $2,000 less expensive than Glenview.

$8076

Danville

$5825

Rockford

The Cost of Other Types of Senior Care

Another consideration is how much nursing home rooms cost versus other care setups. In Glenview, private nursing home rooms carry an average price of $8,532 per month, while semiprivate rooms average $8,076 monthly. Home care and home health care are $4,957 and $5,035, respectively, while assisted living’s median cost is $4,950. From the average provider, adult day health care costs $1,614 per month, making it the cheapest option.

$4957

Adult day health care

$4950

Assisted living

$8076

Nursing home (semiprivate room)

$8532

Nursing home (private room)

Note: Data for Glenview was unavailable, so data for the nearest city, Chicago, was used instead.

Financial Assistance for Nursing Home Care in Glenview, Illinois

Free Resources for Seniors in Glenview, Illinois

Glenview’s seniors have access to many resources, some notable examples of which are listed below. Such resources may make it easier to remain at home. Others step in to help navigate moves to higher levels of care.

ResourceContact Service
Helping Hands of Glenview(847) 729-8181Helping Hands of Glenview is a nonprofit organization that serves the village’s elderly residents in three ways. One is through its annual yard cleanup program. The organization also offers a transportation service, which seniors can use to travel to and from doctors’ appointments and shopping destinations. Additionally, one-time financial assistance is available in certain circumstances.
Catholic Charities(847) 376-2100Catholic Charities’ offerings include the Meals on Wheels program, through which older adults who have trouble preparing food can receive daily meals, and the organization operates a home care program. Another service screens clients to determine their eligibility for public benefits, including Medicaid for seniors of limited means. Basic legal advice and referrals are also available through Catholic Charities.
AgeOptions(800) 699-9043
AgeOptions is the Area Agency on Aging that operates in suburban Cook County. Its agents can answer questions and direct seniors toward additional resources. Assistance with benefits applications is also available, as are connections to in-home care and caregiver support. The Agency can be of use to individuals who need guidance on Medicare decisions as well.
Legal Aid Chicago(312) 341-1070
Legal Aid Chicago serves vulnerable populations, including low-income seniors, in the suburbs of Cook County. Examples of what it can help with include foreclosure defense, avoiding utility shutoffs and protection from financial exploitation. It can also help seniors gain access to helpful resources such as Social Security, Medicaid and veterans benefits.
Glenview Senior Services(847) 904-4366
Glenview’s Senior Services program can provide more information on offerings like counseling, case management and support groups. It can also advise clients regarding in-home help and how to identify appropriate home health care providers. Information on nursing homes is also available through Senior Services.