Jewish Home of Rochester

Reviews of Jewish Home of Rochester

Nursing Home Reviews for Jewish Home of Rochester

July 27, 2016

By Charles574652

Jewish Home was very nice. The food was very good. They had a barber system set up for the men. Their expense was more than I could handle.

June 10, 2016

By Dory164580

My mom is in Jewish Home of Rochester. She first went there as a rehab patient and ended up staying there. The facility is large and has some wonderful caregivers. They try very hard and do a pretty good job considering the amount of people there and the amount of care that's needed. It's very satisfactory. It took a long time to get the labels from the laundry. I think they have since hired some new people, but sometimes they need more people to care for everybody. They do a pretty good job. Nobody's idle. If I were to make a suggestion, it's to add more people, aides, or nurses.

August 19, 2015

By Adaline Taylor

Over the course of 5 years, our mom transitioned 3 or 4 times to higher levels of care due to the progression of Parkinson's disease. This transition began with going from independent living to enhanced assisted living, and everything in between within a 5-year period, including approximately 20 hospitalizations. We experienced quite a bit as a family over this period of time (some good-some bad), so when it was time for a nursing home, we wanted to be absolutely certain that we made the right decision. Over the course of 1 month we visited approximately 5 nursing homes. We chose The Jewish Home of Rochester because it seemed to be top notch compared to the others.....It was the best decision we could have ever made. Mom has been there for nearly 6 months, and continues to get the very best care. The entire staff, including the nurse's assistants care for our mom as if she was one of their family members. The head nurse on Mom's floor is dynamic and totally on the ball. The dietitian staff, social worker and activities director are equally as fantastic. Our mom has an exceptionally-complex medication schedule, and the staff has done a great job managing her medically. They have a very impressive activities schedule compared to other facilities. Although our mom doesn't participate in all of the activities they offer, their resident activities schedule is second to none. Walking into the main entrance feels like walking into a new hotel and not a nursing home. The lobby, gift shop, delicatessen and dining area is bright and beautiful. We always say that The Jewish Home doesn't feel like a nursing home, it feels like a community!

December 12, 2014

By hrs2014

While the facility looks lovely, there is a lot to be desired. Staff is inadequate for the number of patients. Lots of promises made about care, but never kept. Dining rooms way too crowded and I can't believe that for safety purposes this is allowed. Way too many wheelchairs and walkers and no place to move around without tripping. Inadequate staff in cases of emergencies. All of that being said, some of the staff was very helpful, but I would look further before placing a relative or loved one there.

November 22, 2014

By Linda91505450

My mother was most comfortable at Jewish Home. The staff always got back to me whenever I had a problem. Communication was very good. I think it’s very clean. They could improve on the food a little bit. My mother complains about it a lot. I think they’re pretty good to my mother.

May 15, 2012

By jhurl2

I felt that in general the place was fairly welcoming. However I felt that the staff were not as easy going as I may have expected of an assisted living facility. It seemed as though many treated it like it was nothing more than a job. To me, a place like this should have staff that are very welcoming to helping anyone and everyone out that are associated with the company... but this did not seem like the case. The residents of this assisted living facility overall seemed content but at the same time I think their level of contentment could have been increased greatly had the staff been more welcoming in their actions. Instead of treating it like a job, they should be treating it as something they enjoy doing. The facility as far as the environment though was relatively nice but could probably use some renovations and new decorations.

July 26, 2011

By Anita726

My husband and I were patients in the transitional care unit of the Jewish Home Nursing Facility. It has been two years since we were there and not a day goes by that we don't think of it. It was a home away from home. The care was exceptional. The doctor on staff, nurses, and aids were so attentive and caring. I can't praise the facility enough

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Jewish Home of Rochester

Services and Amenities of Jewish Home of Rochester

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: Non Profit Corporation
  • Date Certified: 07/01/2019

About Jewish Home of Rochester

Entrance Fee includes Residency Component (cost of apartment) and Life Care Component. Refund Plan: 90% of Residency Fee Alternate purchase plans available without Life Care Fee (Price: Total Entrance Fee minus LifeCare Fee.

Map of Jewish Home of Rochester