Brookdale Pittsford

Memory Care Reviews for Brookdale Pittsford

October 11, 2014

By unhappy730

Other

I decided to put my dad in respite care while my family and I went on vacation. We dropped him off on a wed. When my friends went to check on him on Friday he was in the same clothes they claimed they did his laundry but not one of his items were moved in his closet and I was promised that he would get the care he deserves a bath everyday and changed clean clothes. My friends was so angry that she called me while I was at the Zoo in texas and I couldn't do anything about it. The person in charge made it sound that it was no big deal well it was to me you promised to take care of my dad. So now I am afraid to put my dad in a home because I don't want him neglected, dirty, because I know my dad wouldn't have liked that.

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We deeply regret we were unable to meet all of your expectations. We are proud and honored to serve seniors that call Clare Bridge of Perinton home. Our community has been 100% full and not utilizing respite care in recent months. Please be assured the health and well-being of our residents is our top priority.

May 28, 2013

The rooms at Clare Bridge of Perinton were dark and small. The location was too far for us to travel and we just did not feel comfortable there.

July 23, 2012

By SandraH2

My friend needed extra help recuperating from a long illness that resulted in a need for surgery and a facility that could suit her needs during recovery. It is difficult when you are older and living on your own to have anybody, even your own family, take time off from work to tend to your every need. Also, this facility provides a certain level of comfort that she could not have walking up and down in her family home on crutches after a hip replacement. Judy gets the proper amount of attention and it is always done with a smile. Everybody who works here is knowledgeable and courteous and kind. You never feel like you friends/family are being neglected. However, the staff also keeps a respectable distance, so you don't feel like you are being swarmed either. The security and attention to detail is wonderful. The area is located along a bus route, so if residents can't stand being cooped up inside, they are able to get out and do their own shopping should they like. If not, meals can be delivered at additional cost. All in all, it was a wonderful place to visit and in a wonderful part of town. The Wegmans in Perington is one of the best, and the bus does get out there frequently for those partial to their own style of cooking and creature comforts. The facility is clean and properly managed as well.
See all Memory Care reviews (7) See fewer reviews

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Pittsford

• German

About Brookdale Pittsford

At Brookdale Pittsford we know that memory losses due to Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia are progressive and residents' needs are continually changing. That's why we provide balance in our residents' capabilities, personalities, and preferences to create daily routines that enhance their spirits and increase their sense of purpose. We believe the amount of satisfaction our Alzheimer's and dementia care residents receive from the tasks that fill their days goes a long way to maintaining their sense of purpose and overall satisfaction with life. An integral part of this is our promise to encourage each resident to find Daily Moments of Success. To help our residents achieve these moments, our associates receive the tools and training needed in such key areas as specialized dining and the ongoing monitoring of healthcare and behavioral needs, to name a few.

We provide Alzheimer's and dementia care residents with the lifestyle, housing, and services they need in comfortable surroundings combined with the amenities, programs, and care to help stimulate recognition, recall, and wellness in a safe environment. Through years of caring for individuals with dementia, our professional care staff has learned to create optimal surroundings and approaches to care. Familiar environments that our residents have enjoyed throughout their lives are recreated to help them feel reassured and comfortable. The Alzheimer's and dementia care programs at Brookdale Pittsford are built to embrace, not restrict our residents' desire to wander and to provide a sense of belonging.

Map of Brookdale Pittsford