The New Homestead Retirement Residence

Reviews of The New Homestead Retirement Residence

Assisted Living Reviews for The New Homestead Retirement Residence

March 14, 2016

By cocobutter59

(WARNING) Not a place if your loved one has dementia!!!! My Father was not properly taken care of. His first room mate urinated on the floor in the room and on my Father. Had to file a complaint with the city!!! Then they kept him over medicated. I used the residents bathroom by the cafeteria the walls covered with smered feces disgusting!! I have many pictures of my Father alone sleeping no one was there to watch him. I also have a picture of a man with a towel stuffed in his mouth sitting in the common room. Why I kept my Father here was lack of funds and he refused to leave,

January 31, 2016

By Robert118599350

My aunt is at New Homestead Residence. The place has a very nice surrounding area. The room she has is very spacious, well furnished and is very well attended to. They check upon her periodically. They also provide meals three times a day with two snacks. They have lots of activities like bingo. They also have live entertainment that comes in regularly. They medical staff available and doctors twice a week. Medications are dispensed on a daily basis and monitored.

May 29, 2014

By Mark34

We placed my mom in New Homestead. We chose it because of its location and price. The staff is upbeat. The rooms are more than adequate. Every morning they have yoga. They have some kinds of games. Sometimes they have singers or musicians come to perform for them. It is a nice mix. There seems to be a good friendly group. So, I like it.

August 15, 2013

By Cat3

mom is there.it is nice. I am deaf and the facility made the transition easier on me and mom.

March 28, 2009

By Alan-1

My loved one stayed here

My Mom was a resident for about 5 years. The care was without doubt the best I have ever seen. No matter what Mom wanted or needed their staff was always there to help. There was a lot of hand holding and Mom was always comfortable. Anytime we went to visit, there was always smiles on the faces of the staff and residents. Mom was always involved in the activities, she even learned how to use a computer at age 90 during their computer class. Food was great and they even used one of Mom's recipe's. You can't ask for anything better.

Costs for The New Homestead Retirement Residence

Photos of The New Homestead Retirement Residence

Services and Amenities of The New Homestead Retirement Residence

• Companion Suites: We Do Offer Companion Suites.
  • Housing Extra: Private And Semi Private Rooms Are Tastefully Furnished And Feature Private Baths.

• State Licenses: 590-F-311

About The New Homestead Retirement Residence

Where Our Home is Your Home

Care & Amenities

Seniors not in need of continuous nursing but who requires assistance in their daily ADLs are cared for by our dedicated staff. A little help in the routines of daily living allows our residents to maintain their independence.

Accomodations

Luxurious living accommodations are yours to enjoy in our beautifully decorated fireproof building. Residents and their families are comfortable in knowing that 24-hour security is always provided. Private and semi-private rooms are tastefully furnished and feature private bath, air conditioning, Cable TV, WIFI, and telephones. Daily housekeeping and personal laundry services are included in the monthly rate.

So Many Ways to Spend Your Day … The Choice is Yours. Friendships blossom as residents participate in our daily planned activities. A full range of social, educational and recreational programs are offered. Cards, bingo, movies, live entertainment, exercise classes and lectures are just some of the activities provided in our newly decorated common areas. Residents enjoy an enriched lifestyle in their golden years at The Homestead Residence.

Dining

At The New Homestead, care and emphasis are placed on satisfying the nutritional needs and personal tastes of our residents. We provide three delicious meals and snacks daily and attend special diets. Our residents socialize and fully enjoy mealtimes, where they are served by our most courteous dining room staff.

We offer:

SUPPORT & MEDICAL SERVICES ON PREMISES

• Physical Therapy / Occupational Therapy
  • Home health agency on premises providing nursing services
  • Psychiatric therapy

MANAGEMENT OF MEDICATION

Full supervision and management of all medication

RECREATIONAL ACTIVITIES

Including live entertainment, trips and special events

PRIVATE & SEMI-PRIVATE ROOMS

Fully furnished air conditioned complete with private handicapped accessible bathrooms, Cable TV, WIFI and telephone service.

CONVENIENTLY LOCATED

Near the LIRR, all major transportation and neighborhood shopping.

24 HOUR SWITCHBOARD & SECURITY

For your safety and comfort we have 24 hour switch board and security.

DAILY HOUSEKEEPING SERVICE

Daily housekeeping service and laundry service included in the monthly fee.

MEALS & NUTRITION

Three delicious meals daily and refreshments with all special diets taken into consideration.

CASE MANAGER ON STAFF

Nestled amidst the tree lined streets of the finest residential area in Queens is The New Homestead, a senior citizen retirement residence. Family owned and managed for more than thirty years, The New Homestead maintains a solid reputation of excellence and success in meeting the needs of our residents.

Map of The New Homestead Retirement Residence