Casa Real

Reviews of Casa Real

Nursing Home Reviews for Casa Real

November 19, 2012

By Not for Profit Senior Care Advocate

My mother is a pianist, painter and water colorist, and writer. She is bored with the facility, but she had some complaints at the other one as well. My mother is very sensitve and shy, so living amongst people, and having people take care of her needs has been a difficult adjustment. My take on all this is that when you have for profit facilities, you pay the help so little, and the turn-over rate is high. My Mom gets used to someone, and then they are gone. Also, the facility pays for one full-time nurse for the entire place full of hundreds of patients. When I came one day and insisted on my Mom going to the hospital since she seemed so lethargic, it was good because she was very sick. The staff puts the patients in the wheel chairs and they sit in the halls all day. It is very sad, but unless we have not for profit places, this is how it is. Also, the staff seem to care, but often my mothers closet does not have her own clothes. The place could be good if you got candy stripers, and a huge base of volunteers, with a robust activity program for the immobil people. Seems like a boring place to live in. I hate to be critical, but the high-class place she was in, when she was more mobil had far more activities for her, and the food was much better. Also, she is in a desert, and I don't see the seniors having water bottles around them all day. It is easy to get dehydrated. My mom has gone down in this place. My sister says it is just her age, but we put her there thinking she would get physical therapy, but that is not a robust program, as the physical therapist is not full-time either. Thanks for listening.

Services and Amenities of Casa Real

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Casa Real

Casa Real is a senior living provider in Santa Fe, New Mexico that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Casa Real for more details on services and rates.

Map of Casa Real