Brookdale Santa Fe

Reviews of Brookdale Santa Fe

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Santa Fe

May 10, 2016

By ArtSTHOO

I liked Brookdale Santa Fe. It was fairly standard and had a fairly good location. It had all the standard amenities like a library, media rooms, and community rooms, which were all quite good. The staff was very nice, quite helpful, and sent me a brochure. The rooms appeared to be standard with nothing outstanding about them, but I liked them. Everything was fairly institutional. Brookdale was actually pretty good but looked a little disorganized. The community was pretty standard.

March 26, 2016

By Bill108

Other

Once one of Santa Fe's best, I believe that Ponce de Leon has grown dated, a bit shabby, and overly expensive during the several years in which our parent has been a resident. We decided that it has outlived its value for us; and we recently (March 2016) moved our parent to a far-less expensive, clean new independent community with preferred food, greater personal attention, and a much lower set price with a multi-year guarantee. Aside from the food, our parent had been happy at Ponce but is enjoying the new home more. Be aware that Ponce de Leon is owned by a large corporation that requires signing a detailed contract outlining its policies and presumably guaranteeing its profits. You will be bound by those policies; and if you don't understand them, you might end up paying for expensive services not actually received. Services such as a reminder to take a pill--which were often confused-- are priced separately and can really add to the base rate. Every January resulted in hefty base and services rates increases for us.

March 18, 2016

By M. Lee

My dad moved to Brookdale of SF in July, 2015. He is coming up on a year. Frankly, for the cost, he has been very dissatisfied. The food is subpar, verging on unhealthy, the cleaning crew is overworked and understaffed, and the facility in general is in need of upgrades. The rooms are decent, but in my father's, the cooling system was underpowered for the space. Maybe it's the classic case of big business being aloof to the needs and wants of their clients because, after all, they aren't exactly going to revolt and move out. How can they? Most are physically unable. But my father will. It won't be easy, but he will move to a better place. One plus: the staff was/is generally client centered, but the administration I'm sure feels the budgetary pressures of the out of state bosses and cuts corners where they can. Assisted living has become big business.

October 08, 2015

By seth1905

My mother has been a resident at brookdale for a few years and she loves it.The staff is very courteous she loves to go to the fabulous dining area in the brookdale Mary,Jerry always are very polite to her she always mentions them to me on our conversations.Highly recommended for others.

June 06, 2015

By William107205550

I visited Ponce de Leon, and I didn't care for it because I found it a little dated, dirty, and dark. I just took a tour of the facility a couple of months ago. The people were friendly. But it seemed a little staged because I had an appointment on the tour. So they had a lot of colorful seniors in different areas. I just got that feeling. A lot of facilities do that trying to put on their best face, which is normal. It just seemed a little dated as far as the facility itself. It had that kind of an institution type feel to it to me. I'm 62 so I'm not really young, and I don't get freaked out by places like that, but I have been to a lot of different ones over the years for my dad and different people. It didn't seem that clean or well lit. It was kind of dark and dingy. They showed me a room with a huge stain at the carpet. They assured me that if they can't get the stain out that they most likely replace the carpet. I just wasn't really impressed with that facility at all for my mother. They were friendly, but when I went on the tour, there were certain staff member in certain areas almost waiting for me. They were kind of overly friendly, so it seemed to me like it was a staged tour. I went to a couple of nursing homes back east and it was like that, but as soon as you left, all those friendly people disappeared, and your father is left with different people altogether.

We apologize that your tour of Ponce De Leon did not meet your expectations. Please be assured our staff is continuously committed to providing the highest-quality service and care for each resident. We will review and share your feedback with our management team.

January 24, 2015

By Kim101450650

I visited a friend’s dad at Ponce de Leon. I did not think his apartment was horrible or remarkable. It was just fine. I remember going past the outdoor area, and it was beautiful and very attractive. It was homey.

July 10, 2014

By JPL

My Mom moved here from a larger New England duplex one year ago into a smaller (1 bdrm) assisted living apartment. She really likes it and is very happy (even though he doesn't have access to a car).. The people are genuinely friendly and the facility is open and warm. There are numerous activities and a shuttle for residents convenience (shopping, bank). She has made some acquaintances.

April 21, 2014

My brother was temporarily moved to Ponce De Leon for a couple of weeks. The staff is good and they are attentive to the special needs of the patients. They have many activities there and the food is excellent.

December 16, 2013

By N. Thompson

My mother stayed at Ponce De Leon. The staff were really positive and very nice. The dining room and food were very good. It was wonderful and everything about it was great.

October 20, 2013

By Ms. A1

The Ponce de Leon had smaller rooms. I thought it was dated and they could do with fixing it up. I only visited once, but the staff was friendly though. It's a good location.

September 11, 2013

By June8

I visited Ponce De Leon and I liked it very much. Everybody was very nice. They showed me an apartment and they seemed very well. I would recommend this facility to other people.

November 20, 2012

By Phoebe 1

I thought Ponce de Leon was great. They do a wonderful job with the older people. My in-laws are both 92, and a number of their friends who are living there have mostly positive things to say. There's transportation and there are lots of activities. It's really nice, however, it's expensive.

May 07, 2012

By Pinonchick

The staffers where just wonderful. The rooms were shared accommodations with various toileting being shared by four beds. The building was clean, and attention was given to personal hygiene of the individual patient. One must be prepared for the limited quality of food, even though allergies and food limits were noted that issue was never attended to by staff. So if you can't eat something, you still may have it served to you or your loved one. PT, bath and other hygienic facilities are mature, but clean and staff works the patient hard and well with a good care plan agreed to with family and professionals present. And they are kind, patient and willing to listen to the patient/client. Activities are provided.

Independent Living Reviews for Brookdale Santa Fe

Questions about Brookdale Santa Fe

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Brookdale Santa Fe. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our residents average around 85 years of age. They love to enjoy our BFit exercise programming, live music and enjoy the scenic view of Santa Fe on our drives.

What programs or activities does Brookdale Santa Fe offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We focus off our optimum life programming which has all sorts of activities our residents can enjoy if they choose too which includes: scenic drives, live music, crafts, painting, excise, pet therapy and more.

What places are near Brookdale Santa Fe or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

We are conveniently located next to parks, shopping centers and the senior center.

What transportation services does Brookdale Santa Fe offer to assisted living residents?

At Brookdale Santa Fe we have 2 busses and one Ford Flex which we use to take our residents to and from doctor visits through out the week. We Take our residents shopping weekly and on many different kinds of outings.

What makes the chef or dining program at Brookdale Santa Fe exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Santa Fe offer to assisted living residents?

We have a pendant system and pull cords through out the community and because we are also independent living we have 24/7 concierge and security at the front entrance. We also have secreting camera's on all exterior doors.

How does Brookdale Santa Fe keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Our health and wellness team holds routine and change of condition care conferences.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Brookdale Santa Fe during daytime and nighttime hours?

Per New Mexico state law we require 1:15 residents how ever we staff above that and off our service alignment to adjust to our residents care needs.

If Brookdale Santa Fe accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Brookdale Santa Fe is pet friendly!! Our residents and their pets can enjoy our beautiful outdoor courtyard with walking paths and pet sanitary stations. We also are right across the street from a dog park! If any of our residents feel they may need and extra hand on caring for their fur baby we offer pet services!

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

We host monthly all staff in-services and our staff stays up to date on our learning management systems as well as state required trainings.

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Brookdale Santa Fe. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our independent residents average around the youthful age of 80 years old. They enjoy our dining and fun monthly outings we have that gives them the Santa Fe cultural experiences.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

We are located near downtown historical Santa Fe. We are near local shopping centers, parks and senior center. Parks are within walking distances.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Brookdale Santa Fe has organized?

Our resident engagement director attends health fairs, she also loves to take the residents to all the fun fairs and craft shows in the Santa Fe region. Always on the go and being active at Brookdale Santa Fe.

What transportation services does Brookdale Santa Fe offer to independent living residents?

What makes the chef or dining program at Brookdale Santa Fe exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

Our Dining Director has been with Brookdale Santa Fe for over 5 years and enjoys making fun and creative Santa Fe cuisine for our residents. We offer all day dining and multiple entrée choices. We also hold a monthly menu chat to get the input and suggestions from the residents themselves!

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

We have a newly remolded dining and living area, a beautiful courtyard with pond and multiple outside patio areas.

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Santa Fe offer to independent living residents?

We offer 24/7 concierge and security at the front entrance. Each external door has a security camera. We also do a daily check in with all residents and they are accounted for by 10 am each day.

Does Brookdale Santa Fe work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

We work with all agencies to provide choice and excellent care to our residents.

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Santa Fe provide to protect residents who wander?

We have routine assessments for our residents which we have care conferences with residents and their families. We have 24/7 concierge at the front desk to ensure the safety of all residents who reside at Brookdale Santa Fe. Should a resident be exit seeking we will address with the family and executive and nursing staff to ensure the safety of the individual.

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Santa Fe

• General Store
  • Features Extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym

• Spanish

• Licenses: Yes

About Brookdale Santa Fe

Brookdale Santa Fe provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Our Optimum Life&reg and Celebrations programs provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches the lives of our residents, their families and associates alike. Optimum Life&reg is a journey of self-discovery including services, features and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life&reg we encourage our residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program filling the monthly calendar with themed experiences, special events and group activities that highlight different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

Map of Brookdale Santa Fe