Anthology of Burlington Creek

Reviews of Anthology of Burlington Creek

Assisted Living Reviews for Anthology of Burlington Creek

May 18, 2021

By Gareldb

Anthology's facilities are extremely nice. The front desk staff are great. The sales staff were great. The dining room staff seemed fine although they have had a lot of turnover and have switched from an outside contractor to in-house and it hasn't been long enough to see the effect of that. The menu choices have always looked good but the delivered food hasn't always been that great. The activities staff are always upbeat and friendly but I wish they had a broader range of activities for folks into crafts rather than board games. They have done a good job of scheduling music programs at regular intervals. My real problem is with the aides that take care of the residents. When my dad initially arrived, I gave them nearly two months worth of his meds which they immediately lost (including some containing narcotics!) They don't seem to always dispense the meds properly either as my dad went without prescribed eye drops for almost two months and even now doesn't get them as often as prescribed. They don't always take very good care of the patients. My dad needs to be transported in a wheelchair but has a recliner where he is supposed to keep his feet up when he is in his room. I frequently go in and find that they have left him in his wheelchair for hours because they complain of needing help to move him. (We are paying for two-person transfers.) One aide wasn't careful when moving my dad and rammed his foot into a doorway. When my dad hollered, the aide backed up and did it again! I complained to the head of nursing care and about a week later this same aide rammed my dad's other foot into a doorway and a nurse had to come and tend to it. The aide blamed it on the doorways being too narrow. They are very short-staffed, as are probably most assisted living facilities at this time. My dad had to call me the other day because no one had answered his nurse call button for forty minutes (not unusual) as the aides had forgotten to take him to his lunch meal. I had to call the front desk to get someone to go get him and bring him to lunch, by which time lunch was almost over. The head of nursing has only been there a couple months but does not seem to very interested in the care of the residents. They are supposed to have a meeting with the families of new residents after they have been there about a month. I finally had to request that meeting after almost three months. I had a lot of suggestions and requests which they noted during the meeting but took no action on any of them. I go to see my dad nearly every day and am not impressed with his quality of care. I don't know that I could recommend Anthology to people who are unable to monitor their relative's care on a regular basis.

May 11, 2021

By Tammy

I visited the Anthology of Burlington Creek. I've been there two or three times. I liked them for the number of activities that they do, their homey atmosphere, and because the residents there all seemed to be happy. When I met with them yesterday, there were a lot of things that they said had to be outside services that had to come in. Some of them I didn't really understand why it had to be outside services that needed to come in, like a third party care. Everything was updated, easy to get to, and clean. The place is easy to access because it's close to major highways. There's also lots of different things around there.

May 05, 2017

By Marybishop

You feel the love and the compassion the minute you walk in the door. Staff is so kind and you can see they really care

March 04, 2017

By John550602

My brother was in here. It was fairly new and very nicely appointed with furniture and decorations inside. They are still in the process of filling their rooms, so I don’t think they have been open more than a year. The staff was very friendly and very helpful. They had several nice activities that he could have participated in, but he was only there a short time before he passed away. They had an excellent dining room and very good food; I ate there two or three times. They had a nice room with a sauna that was very helpful to people who had some aches and pains, and a very small gym that allowed people to do exercises. It was a very nice location in a fairly large shopping center in the northern part of Kansas City. It was a very pleasant place.

November 21, 2016

By Lynn223752

It was very nice. It was new. I liked it. I think it was a nice place. The whole layout and the rooms were very good. It was just friendly. The food was good. The staff was very nice and friendly. They had activities like games. They had outings. They had a little bus that took the seniors out to different places. That was very nice. They seemed to have a lot of activities for the guests to keep them occupied.

Memory Care Reviews for Anthology of Burlington Creek

• Companion Suites: No

• Pets: Small Pets Allowed Only

• Licenses: 47717

About Anthology of Burlington Creek

Imagine having everything you could need or want within feet of your front door. Featuring exceptional accommodations, services and experiences, supported by a thoughtfully composed care plan and passionate caregivers, we provide everything you need to live your best life within a dynamic, engaging community you’ll love.

• Assistance with activities of daily living such as dressing, bathing, grooming & dining
  • Licensed nurse onsite 24/7
  • Assistance with medication coordination & management
  • Coordination with specialized health care providers
  • Trained staff at your service 24 hours a day
  • Wellness visits by a licensed nurse
  • Spacious, private accommodations
  • Variety of senior-friendly floor plans
  • Home maintenance, housekeeping & linen services
  • Built-in personal alert systems
  • Utilities included (excluding phone)
  • Thoughtfully designed common areas
  • Basic cable
  • Beautifully landscaped outdoor areas
  • Daily social, cultural & recreational activities
  • Transportation available for appointments, shopping, dining & outings
  • Exercise, fitness & wellness programs
  • 3 gourmet meals supervised by a registered dietician & prepared by in-house chefs
  • Diverse menu options & dining venues including pubs & bistros
  • Escorts to & from meals & events
  • Beauty/barber shops, concierge services & other onsite conveniences
  • Community activity center with game rooms, library & reading rooms, etc.

We go above and beyond to provide your loved one with the comprehensive care they need and the vibrant life they deserve in a safe, nurturing environment. Our caregivers engage with residents and their families on a daily basis in a genuine, caring way to foster a close-knit community.

Staff with specialized training certified in the Alzheimer’s Association CARES® EssentiALZ®

Activities & programming through Fit Minds® (Fit Minds® focuses on Cognitive Stimulation Therapy & improving overall brain health)

Activities & programming through iN2L® (iN2L® focuses on Person-Centered Engagement™, offering technology that supports activity & wellness initiatives)

Anthology of Burlington Creek is ideally situated just across the street from the upscale Village at Burlington Creek, a popular spot for banking, shopping, and eating out. Just southeast of beautiful Weatherby Lake, our elegant community is minutes from Interstate 29 and excellent health care at North Kansas City Hospital.

Map of Anthology of Burlington Creek