Riverstone

Riverstone (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Riverstone

Independent Living Reviews for Riverstone

July 13, 2015

I visited Riverstone, and it was wonderful. Everybody was courteous. The apartments were adequate in size. The facility was well kept. They had everything that you would ever want including valet service and a place for guests that were out of town. They had everything. There was no question about it. They had all the activities you could ask for. They took trips, play cards, hand & foot, and bridge. They had two dining areas and a snack bar. One dining room was formal, the other was one was cafeteria style, and the snack bar was like Starbucks or whatever. I liked that it was a nice facility. It was expensive, and I do not think I could afford to live there, but it was nice.

May 20, 2014

I toured Riverstone, and the food there was marvelous. The food service was just terrific. All of us had a cane or a walker. So, what you do is, you get in the line and check out what you want to eat, and there is someone always waiting to take your food to your table for you. I thought that would be very helpful. It was new and bright. They were easy going. The rooms were laid out pretty much like a hotel room with living room, dining room, and a bedroom. Then they had two-bedroom floor plans, too. It was very nice. It seemed to be kind of upper class, and it was quite expensive. The atmosphere seemed a little cold, but I would recommend it to others.

November 25, 2013

Riverstone I thought was great. It was a very new facility. The location of it was very close, about two minutes away, from malls and restaurants. The staff was wonderful. Their rooms were spacious, modern and open. Their configurations I thought were very easy for elderly to get around and live in.

September 19, 2013

By Don20

I've made a lot of friends here in Riverstone Retirement. I like this place very much. I have been here since the 2nd week of June and so far, I'm very satisfied. The staff is great. There are a lot of things that you can do here. They have beanbag toss, Nintendo bowling, etc. They have a small gym and a sauna that is always available. They have a beautiful theater with stuffed chairs everywhere. They also have free ice cream. The only thing that I wish they had is a swimming pool; however, I definitely recommend this place.

April 30, 2013

By Caring 4205

We chose Riverstone because the rooms were larger and the facility was more open compared to others in the area. The place was very clean, well-kept and up-to-date. The environment was warm and all the people were friendly including the residents. My mother had her own apartment. The place just seemed like a place to live rather than a hospital or a facility.

Questions about Riverstone

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Riverstone . What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Riverstone residents are well-rounded individuals aged 55 and over who live life at their own pace. Some continue to refine a lifelong hobby, or work, while others delight in learning new activities and skills.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Surrounded by beautifully manicured landscapes, our Kansas City-based community is the perfect location for sports, music, and food enthusiasts alike. We’re a few minutes away from the world’s greatest BBQ, multiple casinos, world-class jazz, plus nationally-recognized shopping and entertainment.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Riverstone has organized?

Our full-time lifestyle director collaborates with residents to develop a wide variety of events and activities tailored to the interests of the community. Dinner outings as well as trips to the local farmers market and shopping centers are often found on the weekly agenda.

What transportation services does Riverstone offer to independent living residents?

Riverstone offers scheduled transportation to professional appointments and group outings, we also offer valet parking for our residents.

What makes the chef or dining program at Riverstone exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

Freedom Dining is Riverstone's most popular feature. The program includes flexible dining hours throughout the day, plus the option to choose from a variety of dining experiences: fine dining, casual buffet dining including pizza, salads, sandwiches; on-the-go snacks; room service is also available as an option, at no additional charge. Our Freedom Dining program ensures residents have ample time to dine, plus plenty of nutritionally-balanced meal options, prepared by our Executive Chef daily.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Freedom Dining is Riverstone's most popular feature. The program includes flexible dining hours throughout the day, plus the option to choose from a variety of dining experiences: fine dining, causal buffet dining including pizza, salads, sandwiches; on-the-go snacks; room service is also available as an option, at no additional charge. Our Freedom Dining program ensures residents have ample time to dine, plus plenty of nutritionally-balanced meal options, prepared by our Executive Chef daily.

What safety features or security measures does Riverstone offer to independent living residents?

Riverstone is a 24/7 professionally staffed community with live in managers and concierge services. For your safety, Riverstone is equipped with a medical alert system, all included.

Photos of Riverstone

Services and Amenities of Riverstone

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

• General Store
  • Features Extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym

• Activities Extra: Computer Class

• Home Sale Assistance

About Riverstone

Riverstone Retirment Community was planned with you in mind. The studio, one, two and three bedroom apartments are pleasant, beautifully designed living spaces with fully-equipped kitchens, luxurious private baths, and many smart details to complement your busy lifestyle. Light housekeeping is provided regularly.

The stunning main dining room, featuring a soaring vaulted ceiling and timber trusses, is the setting for fine dining at Riverstone.

Gracious common areas are ideal for gathering with friends and neighbors. The Riverstone theater provides movies and other varied entertainment. Take care of business at the in-house bank, gift shop, or schedule the driver to take you where you need to go. You can even accommodate visiting friends and family in our guest suite.

Come visit us and see how Riverstone can provide you with comfort, independence, security, convenience and a friendly community in a place you can call home.

Community Highlights:

Between Tiffany Springs and Barry Rd. Exits

Shopping: 1 mile from Zona Rosa Shopping Center

In-house:

• Bank: Hillcrest Bank
  • Salon: Riverstone Beauty Salon
  • Gift Shop: HyVee Gift Shop

Concierge Club & Lounge with flat screen TV, All Day Every Day beverages and snacks, and Freedom Dining

For the comfort and care of those who live and work at Riverstone, we are a non-smoking community.

Map of Riverstone