Champlin Shores

119 East Hayden Lake Road, Champlin, MN 55316
Champlin Shores (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 9 days

Spring into a move at Champlin Shores in. April and save! Sign a residency agreement by April 30th, 2021 and receive: 1) 50% off the Community Fee and 2) $150 off monthly rent through our 2021!

Reviews of Champlin Shores

Assisted Living Reviews for Champlin Shores

September 30, 2015

By Mary113005250

It is nice and clean. The lady was very nice. It looked like it had a lot of activities.

June 20, 2015

We visited. The staff was nice. It was clean. They have shared units for Elderly Waiver, which was a downfall for my grandmother. The dining room was a little bit bigger because it's a bigger community.

May 10, 2014

By Frankie3

I toured, and it’s a big facility. They have a lot of people about and down in the common area talking and laughing. The people were friendly. We actually preferred the apartments there, but it was much bigger, and Dad is a very shy man. It was clean. No hint of a nursing home about it, which was a big thing for us. The staff are very nice. Everyone I spoke to was very nice, upbeat, and smiling. You don’t get the impression that these people were being severely overworked that you sometimes get in a nursing facility. As we were standing there watching, we would watch residents come up and ask for something, and the staff have answers for them, or they are prepared to get answers for them. They give me a monthly calendar of activities, and they have at least one, if not more, activities a day. It seems that they really want to get the residents out of the apartment and socializing. It seems that everybody was very happy.

January 31, 2014

I went and visited. I've known about this facility because I go by it on my way to work. I like best their location. Their rooms were nice. The staff was very helpful. They did have different things for activities.

December 22, 2013

By Chery2

We were given a thorough tour of this facility by the Community Relations Director. We had the opportunity to see some of the residents while we were there. They all seemed to be very happy. They all knew the director's name as she knew all of their's. The facility is bright, cheery and welcoming; actually a place I would welcome as my home down the road. Champlin Shores gives me the peace of mind I never imagined I would find in an assisted living situation.

November 27, 2013

By Cathy35

It is a pretty big facility. It’s a little bit older, but still very nice. It's an assisted living and they also have memory care, but a lot of them are filled up and that's the problem. From what I could see, the staff all seemed really nice and helpful. The guy that showed us around was very helpful. They have a lot of activities and looked really nice. The rooms were nice and spacious. I just think they need some a little bit of updating.

November 25, 2013

By BobLund

My mother has lived at Champlin Shores for the last 4 years. We did have some problems with the staff a few times in the first couple years, but I am writing now as things have changed so much and gotten so much better. They have changed many things in the last couple years, which have been really good and I think it shows how much they care. Their new director and nurses are great. My mom has some pretty difficult health issues and they always take care of her and communicate really well with myself and my brothers. I would recommend Champlin Shores to anyone looking to help their family.

September 26, 2013

By Jim37

We took a tour. It has a huge lobby area, and residents are often seen down in that area either just by themselves or with visitors. It has a friendly feeling. I just was so impressed with the action of the staff with residents and the staff among themselves.

September 19, 2013

By Rhian

The place is okay. The facility is in a nice location and the place looked clean. They have many trees around the facility and the place felt homey. The staff were pleasant. We have a friend that lives here and they seemed to be happy.

January 20, 2012

By mike3

Great facility and awesome staff! Worked with us every step of the way in helping our parents make the transition from independent living to assisted living.

Memory Care Reviews for Champlin Shores

Questions about Champlin Shores

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Providing excellent dementia care is a complex task that requires ongoing guidance and teaching for Clare Bridge associates. All associates receive initial and on-going training in proper techniques, approach and care of persons with dementia.

What programs or activities does Champlin Shores offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We also offer an engaging calendar of activities at the community, including daily chair exercise, strength and balance class, weekly church services and Bible study with visiting pastors, ongoing entertainment such as polka bands and choirs from our local high school and arts and crafts classes. We also offer several clubs such as our Walking Club, which takes advantage of the nearby trail system when nice outside (our amazing interior layout is used during winter). Our community room has large windows along with a large-screen television where we often show movies. We also have a private dining room for residents to enjoy family celebrations as well as a beauty salon and barber shop on-site and a library lined with volumes of books and periodicals.

What places are near Champlin Shores or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Champlin Shores is in a thriving community surrounded by amenities. Minutes from Target, health care including medical and dental, library LifeTime fitness and other shopping venues. Amazing restaurants nearby as well. Our community is nestled in a beautiful wooded setting on a hill overlooking lovely Mill Pond.

What transportation services does Champlin Shores offer to assisted living residents?

We offer special outings attended by Life Care Services associates to our residents that include everything from a special lunch out to shopping excursions to gallery visits.

What makes the chef or dining program at Champlin Shores exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

A great meal is one of life’s simple pleasures. At Life Care Services, we believe dining well is part of living well. You'll enjoy restaurant-style dining with chef-prepared meals in an elegant dining room. Each day features a three course meal with an appetizer, main course and dessert, along with a variety of menu options that changes daily. To encourage socialization regardless of our seniors abilities, we support the needs of the residents through the assignment of resident care assistants if needed.

How does Champlin Shores keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

We hold regularly scheduled care conferences to verify that the resident is receiving the care and services they want and need. Our community leadership team coordinates individualized wellness needs in collaboration with the residents additional care providers.

If Champlin Shores accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We absolutely love to accommodate our residents furry family members and have services available to support their care needs as well. We have ample outdoor areas right outside our back door with amazing views for both you and your furry friend.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Our staff is very involved in the day-to-day lives of our residents, with the aim of providing an enriching and caring experience for them. Each member of our staff is always willing to go above and beyond for residents. For our associates, this opportunity to serve others is more than a job — it’s a passion. Our staff is extremely well-trained and highly-experienced, ensuring that they are able to properly care for your loved one. All new Life Care Services associates complete the Associate Foundations orientation program prior to working with residents, which includes between 10 and 25 hours of training. Our associates also continue their education throughout the year, as they participate in monthly annual in-service trainings.

What programs or activities does Champlin Shores offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

The Clare Bridge Daily Path offers a gentle daily structure (seven days per week) choreographed with a minimum of six programs per day. All are designed to maintain the resident’s abilities and to encourage the use of their current skills. The Daily Path gives each resident a sense of security that they are “right where they need to be.” Daily Path activities include the following: • Morning Mental Workout with discussions, brain-stimulating games and reminiscing. • Daily Physical Activity with exercise opportunities including Fitness B-Fit group exercises, walking programs and dancing. • Daily Life Skills provide a sense of purpose, meaning and belonging individually or as group activities. • Person-Centered Programming includes activities designed to use the resident’s social history as a foundation, by honoring past interests and involvements, programs tap into current skills and support successful experiences.

The communities Health and Wellness Director, a Registered Nurse, assesses the residents prior to move-in, 14 days following move-in and every 90 days. In addition, if there is a change of condition an assessment will be completed.

What techniques does Champlin Shores use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

Designed by a team of culinary associates, experts specializing in dementia care and registered dieticians, the unique Clare Bridge Dining program sustains the resident’s opportunity to enjoy and master the dining experience. The program offers such specialized aspects as: • Dementia-Friendly Menus providing diverse offerings that help prevent weight-loss; selections are easy to manage, familiar and appealing to the senses. • Individualized Dining Assistance includes evaluating each resident to determine the level of prompting assistance needed to preserve their use of utensils as long as possible. • The Supportive Dining Environment, which incorporates small dining rooms with consistent seating to support the challenges of those with dementia, encourages familiarity and socialization while supporting the needs of the residents through the assignment of resident care assistants. Music, centerpieces, warm, scented wash towels and fresh linens enhance the dining experience.

How does Champlin Shores keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Describe the neighborhood around Champlin Shores. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Costs for Champlin Shores

Photos of Champlin Shores

Services and Amenities of Champlin Shores

• Companion Suites: Yes

• Pool

• Low Fat
  • Low Salt

About Champlin Shores

Champlin Shores is a rental retirement community in Champlin, MN, with a one-time community fee. Our senior living community lies nestled in a beautiful wooded setting overlooking lovely Mill Pond at 119 E. Hayden Lake Road, just a half-mile from the Mississippi River. Champlin Shores features beautifully designed assisted living apartments for residents needing help with the activities of daily living, and memory care residences for those with Alzheimer’s disease or other related dementias. Our LifeSTYLE Promise® ensures residents of Champlin Shores have the freedom to live the lives they want to live—guaranteeing choice, flexibility, and control over how and when services and care are structured, scheduled, and delivered.

Map of Champlin Shores