Champlin Shores

Reviews of Champlin Shores

Assisted Living Reviews for Champlin Shores

January 26, 2016

By anonymous visitor7

I have relocated my mother into Brookdale Champlin, formerly Emeritus at Champlin Shores, and she is settled in. We're very pleased with the facility. She seems very content there. The atmosphere is very nice.

December 15, 2015

By Gayle20

Brookdale Champlin is the one that I liked the most. The staff was wonderful and greeted me right away. All of the people were friendly, very warm, and gracious. They’re just lovely. They showed me all around, and people would come up and talk to me. It was very community-based. The dining room was fabulous. Everybody shares with everyone. It was very nice, very clean, well put-together, and organized. The rooms were very nice. The facility had quite a few activities and exercise programs. They have a luncheon and do three meals a day. They have an alarm where residents can push the button, and staff will come to help.

September 30, 2015

By Mary113005250

Brookdale Champlin is nice and clean. The lady was very nice. It looked like it had a lot of activities.

August 09, 2015

By Bonnie110932550

Brookdale Champlin was good. They appear to be a little more towards the institutional look than the other places. The activities seem to be adequate. When we were there, they were not yet a Brookdale company, so they may have improved. The staff was very nice. They had exercises, too.

June 20, 2015

We visited Brookdale Champlin (Formerly Emeritus at Champlin Shores). The staff was nice. It was clean. They have shared units for Elderly Waiver, which was a downfall for my grandmother. The dining room was a little bit bigger because it's a bigger community.

May 03, 2015

Emeritus at Champlin Shores was very nice. The people were friendly. They had lots of activities and shuttle buses. I didn't try a meal, but there was a lot of variety, and they could order from a menu.

February 10, 2015

By anonymous102090150

Emeritus at Champlin Shores has comfortable rooms, good security, and very helpful staff. My mother is in the memory care unit, and it is a secure area. The sanitation seems to be excellent. The food is not first class, but it is certainly acceptable.

December 21, 2014

By Cindy98958450

My mother moved to Emeritus at Champlin Shores in October. She is not in the assisted living portion right now. She is in the retirement portion of it, so she doesn't really get any of their services outside of meals and housekeeping. They do a nice job of keeping her apartment clean. It is well kept, clean, and well maintained, and the rooms are spacious. They have everything that you need in them. She loves the food -- so apparently their meals must be pretty good -- but I myself have not tried them. The activities are not great, and they don't have a lot of good variety of activities. They have bingo, crafts, movies, crossword puzzles, church, and driving around the city looking at Christmas lights.

May 10, 2014

By Frankie3

I toured Emeritus at Champlin Shores, and it’s a big facility. They have a lot of people about and down in the common area talking and laughing. The people were friendly. We actually preferred the apartments there, but it was much bigger, and Dad is a very shy man. It was clean. No hint of a nursing home about it, which was a big thing for us. The staff are very nice. Everyone I spoke to was very nice, upbeat, and smiling. You don’t get the impression that these people were being severely overworked that you sometimes get in a nursing facility. As we were standing there watching, we would watch residents come up and ask for something, and the staff have answers for them, or they are prepared to get answers for them. They give me a monthly calendar of activities, and they have at least one, if not more, activities a day. It seems that they really want to get the residents out of the apartment and socializing. It seems that everybody was very happy.

January 31, 2014

By Suzanne18

My father will be moving to Emeritus at Champlin Shores. It was very nice. It was bright and cheery. As far as cleanliness, it was very clean. Everybody had their own bedrooms and own bathrooms. It was kept up very well. They did have a very nice dining room. They would have a lot of different activities for their residents. During the summer, they have a place where you can walk around the facility. I know that they do like bingo, puzzles, and there are different group activities. They have a big screen TV where they would have movie nights with popcorn. I would absolutely recommend them to others.

January 31, 2014

I went and visited Emeritus at Champlin Shores. I've know about this facility because I go by it on my way to work. I like best their location. Their rooms were nice. The staff was very helpful. They did have different things for activities.

January 29, 2014

I like the openness and the brightness of Emeritus at Champlin Shores. In the memory care unit which I was most interested in, I like the attitude of the people. I like their philosophy of working with people that have memory loss. They also have a fenced yard where they can walk around and I just like the way they managed it. They have two beds in room and I didn’t like that too much because there's no room for anything, but my daughter pointed out that is part of their reasoning to keep them out of just staying in their rooms and for them to be out to the rest of the people that are there. The rooms were very nice otherwise and they had a bathroom in each room.

December 22, 2013

By Chery2

We were given a thorough tour of this facility by the Community Relations Director. We had the opportunity to see some of the residents while we were there. They all seemed to be very happy. They all knew the director's name as she knew all of their's. The facility is bright, cheery and welcoming; actually a place I would welcome as my home down the road. Champlin Shores gives me the peace of mind I never imagined I would find in an assisted living situation.

November 27, 2013

By Cathy35

Emeritus at Champlin Shores is a pretty big facility. It’s a little bit older, but still very nice. It's an assisted living and they also have memory care, but a lot of them are filled up and that's the problem. From what I could see, the staff all seemed really nice and helpful. The guy that showed us around was very helpful. They have a lot of activities and looked really nice. The rooms were nice and spacious. I just think they need some a little bit of updating.

November 25, 2013

By BobLund

My mother has lived at Champlin Shores for the last 4 years. We did have some problems with the staff a few times in the first couple years, but I am writing now as things have changed so much and gotten so much better. They have changed many things in the last couple years, which have been really good and I think it shows how much they care. Their new director and nurses are great. My mom has some pretty difficult health issues and they always take care of her and communicate really well with myself and my brothers. I would recommend Champlin Shores to anyone looking to help their family.

September 26, 2013

By Jim37

We took a tour of Emeritus at Champlin Shores. It has a huge lobby area, and residents are often seen down in that area either just by themselves or with visitors. It has a friendly feeling. I just was so impressed with the action of the staff with residents and the staff among themselves.

September 19, 2013

By Rhian

I went to Emeritus at Champlin Shores and the place is okay. The facility is in a nice location and the place looked clean. They have many trees around the facility and the place felt homey. The staff were pleasant. We have a friend that lives here and they seemed to be happy.

March 20, 2013

By Mark10

Champlin Shores is close to my house and I like it that they give you an all-inclusive price instead of a-la-carte and everything. The food, place, and staff are all very good. My mother is happy since she moved in. If there's anything they need to improve on, it would be communication from their nurse regarding medication.

February 26, 2013

By mph

I would not recommend this facility for anything beyond Senior Housing. They are inadequately prepared to handle anything beyond basic senior housing and perhaps distributing daily medicine. Very disappointed in the care our mother and father have been given. They are very quick to take our money and assess late fees, and charge for extra services, but have not delivered on everything we've been promised and have been charged for.

We take reports like this extremely seriously and have rigorous systems in place to help us address any issues or concerns about the care we are providing to your loved one.

In this case, we urge you to contact our EthicsFirst page at http://www.emeritus.com/ethics so you may openly and confidentially provide us with the information we need to investigate your concerns and, ultimately, improve our quality of services throughout all the Emeritus communities. When you contact us through this avenue, you can choose whether or not to remain anonymous. The information you provide will go directly to the Emeritus leadership so they can review it and respond to this incident promptly.

We truly regret that you had an unpleasant experience with this communy. Again, please take advantage of this feedback tool. Communicating to us about your experience is vital to our organization and our ongoing efforts to improve our quality of care.

January 20, 2012

By mike3

Great facility and awesome staff! Worked with us every step of the way in helping our parents make the transition from independent living to assisted living.

January 03, 2012

By commercesd

We stopped in at Champlin Shores while in the area looking at various assited living facilities for my friend to consider. The outside grounds looked well kept and the staff was quite nice, despite the fact that we did not have an appointment. We could see that residents here are treated with compassion. We liked that they offer varied care according to each individual: from the traditional to less invasive types of memory care "“ tailored according to need. The interior rooms were nice and seemed to be of average size ranges "“ all nicely decorated according to taste and well-designed. The larger units had an extra room for visitors. Each dwelling was private, though staff checks on residents regularly. The home-style meals looked delicious and they offer many healthy snacks throughout the day, which they encourage eating. We could see that they make every effort to maintain and improve health quality with the menu and snack choices. The social activities offered included everything from exercise to seeing a local play in town. The library staff visits them regularly to update their on-site library. They also get movies on a regular basis and subscription with a local vendor. The seating areas all looked peaceful and there was a space for more interactive participation, such as for games and parties. The staff seemed very friendly, warm and caring. We were invited to come back to see some of the activities offered to get a better gist of day to day life there. Overall, we really liked this facility and could see how much the residents enjoy living there.

Memory Care Reviews for Champlin Shores

Questions about Champlin Shores

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Providing excellent dementia care is a complex task that requires ongoing guidance and teaching for Clare Bridge associates. All associates receive initial and on-going training in proper techniques, approach and care of persons with dementia. All executive directors also attend Brookdale’s Clare Bridge Leadership Competency Training.

What programs or activities does Champlin Shores offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We also offer an engaging calendar of activities at the community, including daily chair exercise, strength and balance class, weekly church services and Bible study with visiting pastors, ongoing entertainment such as polka bands and choirs from our local high school and arts and crafts classes. We also offer several clubs such as our Walking Club, which takes advantage of the nearby trail system when nice outside (our amazing interior layout is used during winter). Our community room has large windows along with a large-screen television where we often show movies. We also have a private dining room for residents to enjoy family celebrations as well as a beauty salon and barber shop on-site and a library lined with volumes of books and periodicals.

What places are near Champlin Shores or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Brookdale Champlin is in a thriving community surrounded by amenities. Minutes from Target, health care including medical and dental, library LifeTime fitness and other shopping venues. Amazing restaurants nearby as well. Our community is nestled in a beautiful wooded setting on a hill overlooking lovely Mill Pond.

What transportation services does Champlin Shores offer to assisted living residents?

We offer special outings attended by Brookdale associates to our residents that include everything from a special lunch out to shopping excursions to gallery visits.

What makes the chef or dining program at Champlin Shores exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

A great meal is one of life’s simple pleasures. At Brookdale, we believe dining well is part of living well. You'll enjoy restaurant-style dining with chef-prepared meals in an elegant dining room. Each day features a three course meal with an appetizer, main course and dessert, along with a variety of menu options that changes daily. Brookdale's Culinary Arts Institute is a professional development program designed to enhance the food preparation and presentation skills of our dining and culinary arts team at our senior living facilities. To encourage socialization regardless of our seniors abilities, we support the needs of the residents through the assignment of resident care assistants if needed.

How does Champlin Shores keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

We hold regularly scheduled care conferences to verify that the resident is receiving the care and services they want and need. Our community leadership team coordinates individualized wellness needs in collaboration with the residents additional care providers.

If Champlin Shores accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We absolutely love to accommodate our residents furry family members and have services available to support their care needs as well. We have ample outdoor areas right outside our back door with amazing views for both you and your furry friend.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Our staff is very involved in the day-to-day lives of our residents, with the aim of providing an enriching and caring experience for them. Each member of our staff is always willing to go above and beyond for residents. For our associates, this opportunity to serve others is more than a job — it’s a passion. Our staff is extremely well-trained and highly-experienced, ensuring that they are able to properly care for your loved one. All new Brookdale associates complete the Associate Foundations orientation program prior to working with residents, which includes between 10 and 25 hours of training. Our associates also continue their education throughout the year, as they participate in monthly annual in-service trainings.

What programs or activities does Champlin Shores offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

The Clare Bridge Daily Path offers a gentle daily structure (seven days per week) choreographed with a minimum of six programs per day. All are designed to maintain the resident’s abilities and to encourage the use of their current skills. The Daily Path gives each resident a sense of security that they are “right where they need to be.” Daily Path activities include the following: • Morning Mental Workout with discussions, brain-stimulating games and reminiscing. • Daily Physical Activity with exercise opportunities including Brookdale Fitness B-Fit group exercises, walking programs and dancing. • Daily Life Skills provide a sense of purpose, meaning and belonging individually or as group activities. • Person-Centered Programming includes activities designed to use the resident’s social history as a foundation, by honoring past interests and involvements, programs tap into current skills and support successful experiences.

The communities Health and Wellness Director, a Registered Nurse, assesses the residents prior to move-in, 14 days following move-in and every 90 days. In addition, if there is a change of condition an assessment will be completed.

What techniques does Champlin Shores use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

Designed by a team of culinary associates, experts specializing in dementia care and registered dieticians, the unique Clare Bridge Dining program sustains the resident’s opportunity to enjoy and master the dining experience. The program offers such specialized aspects as: • Dementia-Friendly Menus providing diverse offerings that help prevent weight-loss; selections are easy to manage, familiar and appealing to the senses. • Individualized Dining Assistance includes evaluating each resident to determine the level of prompting assistance needed to preserve their use of utensils as long as possible. • The Supportive Dining Environment, which incorporates small dining rooms with consistent seating to support the challenges of those with dementia, encourages familiarity and socialization while supporting the needs of the residents through the assignment of resident care assistants. Music, centerpieces, warm, scented wash towels and fresh linens enhance the dining experience.

How does Champlin Shores keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Describe the neighborhood around Champlin Shores. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Costs for Champlin Shores

Photos of Champlin Shores

Services and Amenities of Champlin Shores

• Companion Suites: Yes

• Pool

• Low Fat
  • Low Salt

About Champlin Shores

Champlin Shores is a senior living provider in Champlin, Minnesota that offers residents Assisted Living and Memory Care. Contact Champlin Shores for more details on services and rates.

Map of Champlin Shores