Independence Village of White Lake

Assisted Living Reviews for Independence Village of White Lake

Independent Living Reviews for Independence Village of White Lake

September 30, 2021

By Kay

Independence Village White Lake was a nice place. It just was too far for us to go. The room I saw was clean and roomy. The staff was friendly. They have arts and crafts, they sometimes go offsite for meals and trips, and they have their bingos and things like that.

August 20, 2021

By Carolyn

Independence Village of White Lake was very nice. The staff members were very nice and very helpful. The living area had just a little bit smaller square footage. Their meal was pretty good. They have bingo, movies, and cocktail hours. When I was there the last time, they were taking around bowls of fruits with whipped cream to all the rooms to people who wanted it, and it was nice. They have a couple of courtyards. They only have three levels, but everybody has a balcony or a patio. I wanted that for my mom so she could sit outside. She likes to sit outside a lot. I wasn't that thrilled with the kitchen, however. The cabinets were a little older. It's an older facility; it's like twenty years old.

August 12, 2021

By Josephine

The RA's are great! All sweet girls, who treat me like their grandma.

June 25, 2021

By senatorbob

Great staff. Have had nothing but pleasent experiences every time I vist. Food is excellent. Happy staff and happy residents great combination. Billie is so helpful throughout the whole signing up period and after. The nursing staff has been very helpful and caring. This place really goes beyond all other retirement homes. Would recommend to anyone.

June 11, 2021

By Lynn O.

The entire staff including maintenance, kitchen staff, front desk personnel, the executive director and sales team have exceeded my expectations. They have all been extremely kind to my parents and even remember their names and things they enjoy! The rooms are beautiful and my parents particularly like their apartment overlooking the pond! They also love the balcony. My parents seem to especially enjoy any and all activities where they can interact with other residents! The residents have also been exceptionally friendly and welcoming! My mom and dad liked living at Independence Village the day they moved in, and so far, each day thereafter! I am 100% satisfied that they are safe, well fed, and happy. Oh yes - they LOVE the food! Probably their favorite thing at their new home.

May 24, 2021

By Gail

All Staff are kind and considerate. My mother loves it here. During Covid everyone has kept residents safe and well.

April 27, 2021

By blassen

I was in search of a an assisted/independent living community for my 93 year old grandmother who was previously living alone in her apartment. I knew of this community as I have lived in the area whole life, and I have heard great things over the years. I was on their website just looking, when a day or so later, I was contacted by Billi, making sure I didn't have any questions and was eager to assist me in getting my grandma in the community. She told me that there was a studio apartment available and that was perfect for us. We arranged a tour of it. Billi met us at the door and was extremely eager and excited to meet us and tour the facility and apartment. My grandma loved it and was excited to move in. Billi was extremely helpful and got the ball rolling and I'm one short week from the tour, we moved my grandma in. My grandma is super happy and loves it there. She's already met a friend and had planned to meet at the dinning hall for meals and activities. The rooms are extremely clean and updated. The carpet is the perfect commercial grade to allow walkers to move seamlessly. And there are little to no trip hazards. The staff has gone above and beyond to make sure my grandma and us as well are at ease and she is being taken care off. My grandma has said to me on more than one occasion how nice the staff is. Thank you to the staff for all the love and care you have already given my grandma. And a special thanks to Billi for making this transition as seamless as possible.

February 25, 2021

By Pam Falk

Mom has been receiving exceptional care since she moved in. She has a spacious 1 bedroom apartment. The staff are always kind and helpful. She enjoys going to movies, bible study & musical events. She goes to the salon to get her hair cut and has a doctor onsite weekly and the podiatrist.

February 24, 2021

By Becky Giles

My Grandma has been living here for 4 years and the staff has been great with her. It’s her home now and she likes it. Her room is nice and big. It’s perfect for her. She eats dinner in the dining room and there are activities for everyone to do to help keep them active and out of their rooms all day. I’m looking forward to visiting again when they open back up to the public.

January 25, 2021

By Nancy

I really liked Independence Village of White Lake. It was very clean, very spacious, and the rooms were quite large. The director was very kind. We toured pretty much all over the building, within reason, because of Covid. They seemed to have a very caring staff. They have staff there to help the residents, they just have to pull the cord on the wall. My dad had a stroke, so he has diminished use of his right side. It's very difficult for him to reach a pull cord or something of that sort. Other than that, it seemed like a very nice place.

January 18, 2021

By KatieP85

Independence Village of White Lake has done an AMAZING job caring for and genuinely loving my beloved grandma through the covid-19 pandemic. This is a stressful time to have a relative in the high-risk age group, and it's even more stressful knowing that many senior-living facilities around the country have been hard-hit. But Independence Village has provided TOP NOTCH care and safety throughout this entire experience. From the very beginning, we regarded IVWL as part of our family, and we truly trusted them to make the best decisions for my grandma alongside us. They made conscientious decisions, and followed through with compassion and love. Although she spent a great deal of time restricted to her apartment, they delivered phenomenal meals to her room, as well as daily activities to keep their residents' minds from worrying. My grandma would regularly show off her home-cooked meals, delicious desserts, and sudoku games and puzzles in video calls - literally making us envious - she ate better and had more fun than the rest of us during quarantine! The activities department has been SECOND TO NONE when it comes to keeping the residents happy and relaxed!! Every day they have exciting adventures planned, crafts, service projects, taste tests, parades, and all around silliness to keep the residents laughing. It is downright astounding to think of how much time, energy, and love they put into planning their activities. They also regularly update a facebook page for families with pictures of the residents participating in the adventures - a great way for families (especially those of us who live across the country) to stay connected and to know what to ask about in phone/video calls! Our family entered into this pandemic with a great deal of trepidation knowing that our grandma was in what seemed to be a higher-risk setting. But now 9 months into covid, we know that she is in THE BEST HANDS POSSIBLE, and they are doing every single thing humanly possible to keep her and every one of their residents safe. My grandma is THRIVING and LOVING life, and we honestly couldn't ask for anything more. We always joke that she is having way more fun quarantining than anyone else :) And we couldn't be more grateful to Independence Village of White Lake for providing this loving, safe, fun environment for her.

October 10, 2019

By Lee

We visited Independence Village of White Lake. They were our second choice. We could have gone there, but we saw another facility a little nearer to our same general area. We liked the staff, the girl at the desk, and the people would talk and say, "Hi, you'll love it here." We had lunch there, and the food was excellent.

October 03, 2019

By Weather0101

Other

My mother was a resident at IV and enjoyed the many activities from bingo to cards , the parties and so much more. I have volunteered at Independance for for 10 years on Fridays running the Bingo that begins at 6:30 for the residents. Everyone I have meet are so helpful and caring from staff to volunteers. The staff truely does care about the residents and it shows through inter acting with them over that I have seen over the years!!! It really is a nice place for the community.

October 02, 2019

By volleyball

Fun and clean place ! Great activities and great meals ! Friendly staff and great salon and hospitality! Chair volleyball and happy hour on Thursday with music ! Crafts, caregivers, outings , nice size rooms ! Different kinds to pick ! Housekeeping! Room service ! Holiday parties! Card games , bingo ! Cafe!

July 08, 2019

By Cathy Cole

My mother in law, my father and my step mother have all resided at Independence Village White lake. The care they received was exceptional. The apartments are large and comfortable. My dad and step mom had a condo in Mexico and when they moved in I asked him if the apartment was as nice as their condo. He got all teary eyed and said it was much nicer! The food it outstanding, over the 7 years we've had family there we shared many wonderful meals with them for holidays. The staff is the very best - they don't have a lot of turnover and they develop a relationship with the residents. They were all treated with respect and affection (and my father could be challenging!). I can't recommend them highly enough. Special thanks to Donna, Lori, Ashley, Wendy and Julie for the kind and compassionate care for my family members.

April 08, 2019

By Becky L.

We received great service while living at Independence Village. The staff was always accommodating and ready to help. The apartment was clean and there were always activities available to go to.

March 30, 2019

By Mary

Cindy does a great job. It is a pleasure to have her in my apartment. Please don’t ever change her. Not alone does she do a good job, she brightens my day even when I meet her in the hall.

November 13, 2018

By Mike

Independence Village of White Lake is good, well-maintained, and clean. The staff is friendly and has been very helpful. The food's really good and the dining area is always clean. The waitresses have always been polite and helpful. It's been a good experience. My mom is not doing any activities, but they have all kinds of things going on every day.

June 05, 2018

By scolyer

Independence Village of White Lake is a nice place to live. Just watching how the staff interacts with the residents. They are so caring and very interested in their needs. Very spacious apts and they have alot of actvities. My friend that lives here just loves it.

March 22, 2018

By DD

Independence Village of White Lake was in a nice, little complex with what appeared to be a very eager and helpful staff. I got the overview brochures, and we did a walkthrough of one of the apartments and a quick walkthrough of some of the facilities. I saw a basic one-bedroom apartment that was open and available, the dining facilities, the exercise facility, and the group TV room.

September 11, 2017

By Mike

I had a very nice visit at Independence Village. It was a very nice place. They were very nice, and a young lady showed us around. She gave us a going away gift, which I thought was very considerate of her. Everything looked very nice.

August 21, 2017

By Jim

We were impressed with Independence Village of White Lake. We were invited for dinner and it was quite good. The staff was very friendly and very courteous. The grounds seemed to be very well kept, and the place seemed very clean. The location was easy to get to.

April 05, 2017

By Beonalert

My mom lived at this facility for a short time. The assisted living area IS NOT equipped to handle Alzheimer patients, so beware. The manager of the facility is quick to call but not have all the facts. Clothes were lost, food is terrible, and there was little supervision. Very disappointed. Sales person is typical, sell you the sky but no delivery! Frankly I would not give it one star! You do not want to place your loved one here! I could go on but you get the picture.

Thank you for your feedback, as we would like to address your concerns and provide further support. Our levels of care vary by community. As residents require different care needs over time, we work with families to identify the best solutions within our communities or outside of them if we are not able to provide the needed services. Our Housekeeping Team is trained in customer service first, to deliver incredible experiences. Our Culinary Team uses the freshest ingredients to create healthy and flavorful options for everyone at our communities. And finally, our Community Specialists work to highlight what is most important to every specific individual that they work with. We strive to create the absolute best experience for everyone we serve. We encourage you to contact Sarah Fenton at 248-360-7235 to discuss how we can improve for you.

February 07, 2017

By Dana504573

Independence Village was very nice, and we liked it a lot. I thought the rooms were really nice, and the facility was well-kept. The people and staff were very friendly. It’s pretty good. They had a church service, bingo, group nights where they play cards, and the shuttle bus that took you to stores in the area. The dining area looks nice.

November 28, 2016

By Tim757604

We went for a short tour at Independence Village of White Lake. My mom did not really like the atmosphere although it's a nice place. The staff was good. Their dining area is just small, and I didn't see any activities. I would recommend this place for the right person, but this is not for my mom.

Hello, Thank you for your review. We are happy that the employees were helpful and that you thought it was a nice community. We are surprised to hear that you didn’t see activities happening, as our Life Enrichment team has at least 6 or more activities going on throughout each day. We encourage families to visit our community for an event or come in to experience dinner in our community. We do hope that your mother found somewhere great for her to call home. Thank you!

November 07, 2016

By Marilyn165822

Independence Village was a very nice facility. It had a lot of amenities. The apartments were spacious and up to date. I love the fact that they had a lot of ongoing activities for the residents. They had a very nice dining area with a sit down dinner which I thought was really great. I also like the aspect that they had shuttle service that would take the residents out to do their shopping and banking in the local area. The pricing was very reasonable as well.

October 27, 2016

By Julie460627

We ultimately decided upon Independence Village of White Lake. My parents have lived there over a month now. Our visiting experience was very positive. We very much enjoyed the size of the rooms. My father has the ability to come and go as he pleases. They have free laundry facility. They have a full kitchen rather than just a kitchenette. He also has a back patio. They have activities mostly on a weekly basis, and there are things almost everyday.

October 24, 2016

By Deborah062146

The main lobby area of Independence Village really looked like a 5-star hotel. It was absolutely gorgeous inside, and the outside grounds were also nice. They allow dogs on the premises, and we met with two residents who both have large dogs. The front area of the building almost seems like a little veranda with a swing and rocking chairs. The dining area was absolutely gorgeous, and the apartments were nice.

July 01, 2016

By Robert565666

Independence Village in White Lake was good. You get an apartment sized between 800 and 1,100 square feet. The rooms smelled like antiseptic and were reasonably clean. The people were nice. The hallways had handrails in them. The rooms had some sort of decoration on the outside of the door to set your door apart from everybody else’s, I guess, so you can find your own door. I didn’t participate in most of the activities.

November 09, 2015

The staff at Independence Village of White Lake is great, very nice, accommodating, and friendly. The place is in good condition, and they keep the grounds looking nice. They have a lot of activities, but my father is not big into activities. They have bingo, massages, and chair volleyball.

September 26, 2012

By Lkt0291

This was a great facility, the staff was very nice and made my grandmother feel warm and welcomed. The people who lived at the facility seemed to enjoy their stay there too. When we looked at the rooms they seemed spaces and inviting. The nurses all seemed very knowledgable and they looked like they enjoyed their jobs. I didn't get a chance to speak to any of them, because they were busy. There also seemed to be many activities available to residents

August 08, 2012

By JudySam

Other

When my mother developed Alzheimer's, I felt the need to find a place my parents could live for as long as possible and to make the move while Mom was still well enough to get acclimated and comfortable in her new surroundings. Both were already in their 80s and in poor physical health. I had several requirements and didn't know if I'd find something to meet them all. I did in Independence Village. My mother loved working in her flowers and had an award-winning garden. My parents were able to locate in a ground floor apartment where Mom was encouraged to plant her flower garden around their patio. For Dad, the food was the biggest obstacle. My father wasn't a complainer and would never consider asking for special favor, but after too many World War II military meals involving poultry that hadn't been plucked sufficiently, he didn't have much of a stomach for chicken or turkey. Every other place I toured had a set menu for dinner each night. Oh, sure, he could ask for something else, and they'd be happy to oblige. But I knew Daddy; he'd never dream of asking. At Independence Village, they have three choices of appetizer, main course, starch, vegetable and dessert for every dinner--7 days a week! Residents make their own menu choices for a week's worth of meals at a time. It was a perfect solution. The facility itself is beautiful, staff is great, and the neighbors were all good people. The food was great, too! Lastly, and most important, because they also offer assisted living care under the same roof, they offered any of those services to the residents in the independent living side for a fee. After my father passed away, and as Mom's symptoms caused more and more difficulties, she was able to remain in her apartment, where she was comfortable, while the staff provided additional services as needed. Mom was able to stay there until she became bedridden and required nursing care. Independence Village was a life-saver for me, and I never hesitate to recommend it to people!

March 06, 2012

By kshamrock20

My Grandmother lived in this facility for two years. I also had a girlfriend who briefly had a relative living here a few years after my Grandmother stayed, so I am fimiliar with the establishment. Overall, my Grandmother's experience was positive. The grounds, apartments and social hangout areas were very clean and I never heard my family make any complaints. I visited multipe times, and it seemed like a very nice, expensive place to stay. My Grandma liked the social activities that the staff put on and she made a few friends there. They set up weekly activities that seemed to be the same every week. Old folks like getting into a routine, so Independence Village seemed very apt to make that happen for them. Residents seemed comfortable there, and I did not sense that there were many residents who despised living there.

December 01, 2011

By Social Worker # 1

Other

I think that independence Village of White Lake, Michigan is an excellent and a perfect Independent Living facility for someone who is looking for an Independent Living facility for a friend or for a loved one. It is beautiful and is also very homey looking not at all like a facility but more like a very beautiful, elegant and luxury white and brick tri-level houses for their residence to enjoy the fundamental pleasures of their lives. The common areas of the facility offer their residents a serenity lifestyle living and homey acres and acres of land, greenery and flowers. The surrounding neighborhoods are miles away and are beautiful with acres of land and greenery it is strictly a much modernized Country setting with lots of privacy. The staff and management are very professional and team and task oriented in their jib duties and their performances. The residents live in apartment homes and they are very luxury and elegant. The seniors there love their senior community that they socialize within there. It is like a dream vacation there at Independence Village of White Lake, MI. They provide their residents with on site transportation, housekeeping, and various other services, activities, social entertainment and recreations for their resident as well. Their residents dining area is very elegant and luxury for only the most Royal life style living. Any one any age would love to live here. I would love to live there now if I could afford too. It is an elegant, luxury, and Retirement apartment living as well as a Condominium style living environment and atmosphere. I would recommend these independent living apartments to any and everyone that is looking for an elegant style country club living lifestyle setting and environment. The staff and management there are very classy and elegant but yet very professional and treat their senior community like family. In general, I would have to rank these Independent Living apartments on a five plus stars rating for it luxury, elegance, and expertise.

Costs for Independence Village of White Lake

Photos of Independence Village of White Lake

Services and Amenities of Independence Village of White Lake

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

• Get Costs

About Independence Village of White Lake

Welcome to Independence Village of White Lake! This isn’t just a place to reside — it’s a place where our community members truly shine, and we are glad to share this experience with them. Our senior living options include independent living and enhanced living. Throughout each service level, we strive to make every moment of every day something special. We know it’s the small details in life that make a difference. Every resident becomes a part of our family, and we work with each of them at their pace to create the experiences they want. Independence Village of White Lake is a place where residents can truly Shine. Everyday.

Independent Living

Independent living is designed for individuals who want the privacy of an apartment home with the added benefits senior living offers: meals, housekeeping, maintenance, transportation, activities, group outings, fitness programs, educational seminars and more.

Enhanced Living

A bridge between independent and assisted living, enhanced living is designed to promote the greatest level of independence for individuals who need a little extra help. It includes all the benefits of independent living plus the peace of mind that comes with affordable, custom personal care packages that can be tailored to individual needs.

Community Amenities

• Courtyard Views • Large Closets • Large Windows • Tub And Walk-in Showers • Full Size Refrigerators • Gourmet Meals • Open Apartment Floor Plans • Wheelchair Accessibility • Living Spaces With Balconies And Private Patios • Exercises And Fitness Programs • Apartment Maintenance • Weekly Routine Linen Laundry Service • Beauty Salon/Barbershop • And More!

Map of Independence Village of White Lake