Livonia Woods Nursing and Rehabilitation

Reviews of Livonia Woods Nursing and Rehabilitation

Nursing Home Reviews for Livonia Woods Nursing and Rehabilitation

February 27, 2016

By Caregiver63

Go on a weekend, check out the staff to patient ratio. There are no laws regarding this, only guidelines. Overheard today (2-27-16) in the dining room - a resident saying that only one person was in charge of 300 patients the night before. They are severely understaffed, and staff on hand are mostly aides that they can pay minimally. This is 'non-profit' yet they charge $8000 a month per patient (and no, do Not accept Medicaid, that was a funny statement I read here). Where does the money go? Not into staff, or meeting the needs of the residents. If your loved one needs care - run, don't walk, away from this place. It's sad that this is even allowed.

April 16, 2015

By Marie Elizabeth

Recently my mom had a stay at Livonia Woods, this was her second time there. The administration staff is excellent, qualified and caring people. The rehab department is very good and realistic about limits and goals of the patient. David the activities director, is the shining star of the facility with his consistent care and concern. I agree with the previous reviewer about the dining room being small, but it's ok. The quality of the food is average, they do try to accommodate a patient's requests when possible. Nursing and aid staff do the best they can considering there are numerous patients do deal with at all times. As a family member, my best advice is to be hands on. It's unrealistic to think that you can just drop off your loved one and everything will go without a glitch. At any nursing home, you will need to double check on the patient's medications, meals, grooming, etc., and do the best you can to work with the staff.

July 29, 2014

By lolo8641

I Think 95% of nursing homes are horrible and we have one screwed up healthcare system. I do not like this place because some of nurses have an attitude problem. They stick them in rooms and leave them there. Let other people scream in their beds for 15 minutes. A residing Dr would rather give up on his rehab patients then help them overcome illness. I would not recommend and definitely wouldn't want myself there

February 16, 2014

By KKlicker

My mother received several weeks of rehab at Livonia Woods following a stroke. I can compare this facility to two others in the area where a family member was treated and it is far superior in comparison. Livonia Woods is clean and pleasantly decorated. The staff provide good care and the Speech Therapy, Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy provided there was more individualized than my mother received in a hospital based Acute Rehab setting. I think that the staff worked well together and everyone from nursing staff to administration followed the individual care plans. The only suggestion I would make is to have a larger dining area so that the majority of patients would be encouraged to eat their meals together, rather than in their rooms, this would probably help them with their rehab goals.

February 04, 2013

By kittylady

Unless your loved one is in excellent health, do not use this facility! My Mother, wujo had cancer and dementia was discharged there for skilled nursing care and rehab, and had my Brother not had medical training, she would have died there due to inept nurses and CNAs. We found our Mom unresponsive when we visited her the 3rd day of her stay, and when my Brother performed a sternal rub, she moaned slightly. I had to run to the nurses station to tell them to call an ambulence.

Services and Amenities of Livonia Woods Nursing and Rehabilitation

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: Non Profit Corporation
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Livonia Woods Nursing and Rehabilitation

Livonia Woods Nursing and Rehabilitation is a senior living provider in Livonia, Michigan that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Livonia Woods Nursing and Rehabilitation for more details on services and rates.

Map of Livonia Woods Nursing and Rehabilitation