Summit Park Health and Rehabilitation Center

Reviews of Summit Park Health and Rehabilitation Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Summit Park Health and Rehabilitation Center

August 12, 2019

By cheek

My name is James M. Cheek. I am just an ordinary guy. 65 years old and thought I knew everything in the *% world. Flashy cars. 30 suits. 80 pair of shoes. Nice house. But didn’t have my emotions in check. So me at 64, three different hospitals and wound up at Summit Park a broken man. Broken spiritually, mentally and physically. I rebelled the first week I was here. But once I got to know the staff I found out this was a healthy place for me to be not only physically but mentally and spiritually as well. So, I took advantage of every opportunity given to me. Its been 7 months and now I can walk, talk, feel, understand, and articulate. This place (Summit Park) has been a godsend for me. They took me at my worst and through their nourishing care gave me structure and it changed me for the better. The Activity department had something meaningful for me to do 7 days a week. The Therapy department and staff are excellent. If you are considering sending your family here, I highly recommend it.

Thank you for your kind words and this wonderful review! We're happy you found our staff to be so supportive during your experience here at Summit Park Health and Rehabilitation Center. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know how we did. We hope you have a great day!

June 18, 2019

By Trish Bloh

Other

I have had the opportunity to be in contact with several patients that were cared for at this facility and the feedback has been overwhelming very positive. The staff is of the highest quality be to nursing, therapy, social work or administrative staff. Many of the patients I has met come back to their care as needs present. The staff is very professional and kind to patients and visitors. This is excellent choice for recovery needs.

Hi Trish, thank you so much for your positive comments about Summit Park Health and Rehabilitation Center! We hope you have a great day!

December 04, 2018

By Ravens09

The first night that I arrived, I was shocked to see that this place was not as it seemed on its website. The rooms in actuality are small. The website touted cable tv. It's no more than a flat screen television on the wall. This place, I unfortunately do not find very friendly. Some of the nurses act like jerks and act like they don't understand English. For example, I have told the nursing staff that I need my medicine crushed and every day they come to give it to me whole and I would tell them everyday that I would need it crushed. They act as if they don't understand that. Attitude city and if you are a minority, do not come to Summit Park Rehabilitation Center.

April 11, 2017

By and unsatisfied patient

I resided in this facility for 02/28/2017 until 03/31/2017 this was the worst experience of my life the staff was an unconcerned lot if you need a nurse and ring the light expect at least one to two hours waiting. The staff was never around when you needed them Th meals were left overs and horrible. The dietian was of no help to the patients. The nursing staff mostly gna's came to work to party and to treat the patients meanly. There were a few caring and concerned staff nurses and gns;a. The treatment of the patients who could not defend themselves was awful.

February 17, 2017

By woodenleg

My wife spent 14 months there and was treated very well. I visited her every day until my birthday July 29, 2007. I received a phone call at 9 pm on July 28 telling me she was failing. If I wanted to come to be with her I was more then welcome. Up until her death there was a nurse there until the end. The 14 months she was there I could have ask for better care. I wish I was in that area now because my health is failing. I would like to be there when my end came.

August 09, 2015

By gregscater

I'm not going to write a long review. I'll just list the problems that I've seen starting with staff. Also note that my observations are in the evenings after 7;30-8;00 pm on the 2nd floor. The nurses ignore the patients. The response times are ridiculously long. I take notice of the patient call lights in the hallways and the patients that yell for the nurses and the average response time is at least 20 minutes. Also, the shift lead nurses mainly sitting at the nurses station and don't help the nurse assistants. The nurses show a blatant unconcerned attitude toward the patients. The enter/exit bell is also broken which makes it EXTREMELY difficult to exit the building. To sum up the problem with Summit, its management. Management doesn't hire ample evening staff. Management hires the insensitive individuals to care for our loved ones. How do you hire uncaring people for patients that need the most care? It truly does start at the top. Summit is federally funded so our complaints need to start at the organization the does this. Contact CMS with your complaints. The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) is an agency within the US Department of Health & Human Services responsible for administration of several key federal health care programs.

May 26, 2015

By OutragedDaughter

If there was a way to give out negative stars I would! The system forces you to give them at least one star and that's the only reason why I did. If you love or even just like your family member, DO NOT PLACE THEM IN THIS FACILITY!! It is the most awful place I have every experienced. I moved my father into this facility following a leg amputation in order for him to go through rehabilitation prior to coming home. We moved him out approximately 36 hours after his arrival!!! That's how awful it was. The nurses were inattentive, my dad would ring the bell for help getting to the bathroom and it would take them 20 minutes to come. When we would call to complain they were very apathetic - it didn't seem to matter at all. There were patients, who appeared to be suffering from dementia, that were just sitting around the nursing station at all times of the day and night. I witnessed some taking off their clothes and the nurses and aides continued working like nothing was going on. I witnessed a man fall from his bed and the nurses did not respond to him for at least 15 minutes.. while he screamed for the nurse to come. The nurse eventually called 911 and the patient was sent to the ER. On my father's last night in the facility, he called for a nurse to help him to the bathroom. The nurse took so long in responding my father attempted to get to his wheelchair from the bed and fell. This was very dangerous as my father was only 4 days post op! Do not allow your family to endure this mess of a place. It's completely horrible how they treat the most vulnerable amongst us --- the elderly. This place should be shut down and the folks who work their and do these awful things to these people ought to be ashamed of themselves.

September 24, 2008

By Concerned Relative-1

My loved one stayed here

At first site, I was quite impressed with the facility. It was clean, the employees were most friendly and my father-in-law appeared to be well cared for. On 9/23/08, he managed to leave the facility, unaccompanied, and was not missed for 90 minutes. A police officer found him on Edmondson Avenue and took him to his son's house in Lansdowne! How does an individual with severe dementia and in a weakened condition walk away from a facility such as this???? I cannot even express my anger over this situation. We were told that he was the first person to ever 'escape' the facility. It scares me to think that after this episode, he may not be the last... this situation is difficult enough without something like this to have happened. I am still on the fence regarding this nursing home - I wouldn't rule them out as far as cleanliness and staffing....I would seriously scrutinize the patient to aide ratio, as well as the commitment level of all employees.

Services and Amenities of Summit Park Health and Rehabilitation Center

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 09/01/2020

About Summit Park Health and Rehabilitation Center

Summit Park Health and Rehabilitation Center is a senior living provider in Catonsville, Maryland that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Summit Park Health and Rehabilitation Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Summit Park Health and Rehabilitation Center