Barton Senior Residences of Zion

Reviews of Barton Senior Residences of Zion

Assisted Living Reviews for Barton Senior Residences of Zion

March 15, 2014

By Rich42

Could be the best thing that happened to our family. Our father insisted on living alone after mom passed even though he needed daily help. He was bad about remembering to take his medications and ate poorly. We were at a loss what to do. He was getting depressed just staying at home and his health was getting worse. We finally convinced him to try an assisted living facility. The first one he tried was a horrible experience. Staff was very non-attentive and dad was very uncomfortable. Then a friend told me about Barton Senior Residences of Zion. Her mom was there and was very happy. I brought my dad there and from the moment we walked in, we knew this was the place for him. He loved the atmosphere and the people he saw. He moved in the next day and within a week my dad was back to his old fun loving self. He became very social with the other tenants that he had met in the dining room and in some of the daily events that they have. His health is significantly better and they are helping him when needed. I can not believe how they look after him and treat him like he is part of their family. There are even times when I call him to go to lunch and he asks if we could find another day because he is busy that day. That made me so happy that my dad is enjoying himself and it has taken a real stress off of me and my family. I can not thank the people at Barton enough for the joy they have brought my family..

September 20, 2013

By Tracy N.

My mother wanted initially to be in Barton Senior Residences mainly because it was affordable. She moved in first week of September. She liked this facility then, but now that she has been there for awhile, she's not really happy with it. They're supposed to be doing everything for her. It turns out that they aren't able to keep up with their end of the deal. They are not taking care of my mother. Like she's got oozing on her legs because she has diabetes and they failed to help her with that. When she was by herself, she couldn't get them wrapped and so she was oozing all over the floor. It was a big mess. They told her that they would take care of her because they have an MD on site. Instead, they don't keep an eye on her, they left her legs unwrapped, etc. My mother didn't have dinner for two days because they weren't helping her go down to have her dinner. It is just a horrible place.

About Barton Senior Residences of Zion

You have spent a lifetime helping others and now it's time to do something special just for you. Barton Senior Residences of Zion gives you the time and opportunity to start enjoying senior living. Located on over 3 1/2 acres near Illinois Beach State Rush Barton Exterior Drawing Park, one of the most popular state parks in Illinois, Barton Senior Residences offers a secure, affordable apartment with unsurpassed services and amenities.

For those 65 years of age or better, you can enjoy a lifestyle of active independence. Each apartment offers a kitchenette, emergency pull cords, wall-to-wall carpeting and individually controlled heat and air conditioning. Best of all, your meals are prepared for you with waiter service and a variety of choices. All of this and a 24 hour staffed building offering residents and their families peace of mind.

With specialized staff, including Nurses, Certified Nursing Assistants and Social Workers, Barton Senior Residences of Zion offers seniors the comfort and security of a community setting while encouraging the senior to maintain their independence. Even if your funds are depleted, you can continue to live a quality, independent lifestyle at Barton Senior Residences of Zion. This option is available to those 65 or better who are eligible for Medicaid.

Barton Senior Residences of Zion is an approved Supportive Living Facility by the Illinois Department of Healthcare and Family Services.

Map of Barton Senior Residences of Zion