Lutheran Hillside Village

Lutheran Hillside Village (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Lutheran Hillside Village

Assisted Living Reviews for Lutheran Hillside Village

September 23, 2014

I thought Lutheran Hillside was a very nice and very clean facility. The staff was nice, and the gentleman was very polite, knowledgeable, and professional -- we’re impressed. In the assisted living facility they had a section that was very homey and had like a little workshop and a library, and the way it was laid out was really comfortable. It was secure. They have different rooms where people could do different hobbies, and that was very nice. They have games, they have areas where they could do woodworking and you could do things own your own. It was actually built in to look like a home workshop, and it has gardening areas where people can do different hobbies that they might like. It didn't just have bingo games and the usual things that you see at other facilities. The dining room was very nice, in between classy and homey

April 16, 2013

By droedemeister

I was with Lutheran Social Services in Peoria, IL. I chose them because they had helpers with cars that can drive because I needed to purchase a wheelchair. I had a problem with them because I needed to get the driving situation settled. I only had one caregiver with them because I like her so much and she was perfect for me.

May 21, 2012

By AWC

My father was a resident here in the rehab area and then the long-term skilled nursing area. We felt he received tremendous and compassionate care from everyone on staff. When my sister and I visited the facility before we actually needed it, the first thing I noticed was a resident dog. I know from other experiences, any place that has a resident pet is a welcoming and friendly place, and that proved true here. They also welcomed a visit from a 10-month-old, and many times when we arrived to visit my dad, we found cards and other artwork from local kids. The facility was very clean.The decorations were pretty, there was a lot of light, and the dining room was very nice as well. The food was decent, and the staff worked very hard to find what residents would eat, even offering to pick up something for them if it would get them to eat. The only reason I didn't give it five stars was that we did have some difficulty getting follow-up on paperwork we needed. We had to contact the staff several times before we could get documentation for insurance, which was frustrating. I get the feeling they might be overwhelmed in that area. Otherwise, we were very happy with our experience there, and we have Mom on the wait list for the future.

October 19, 2011

By chef marie

Upon entering this facility, I first had to travel down a labyrythine hallway where the decor became increasingly dreary and the lighting ever more dingy. At the conclusion of this hallway the residential halls began. Here there was no decor at all. The only thing close to ambiance was a lingering odor of urine and human waste. The lighting was duller yet. After encountering unfriendly and unhelpful staff I began to pity anyone who had to remain in this facility for longer than 5 minutes. Inhabitants were lined up in wheelchairs in the corridors, most sitting there ignored, staring blankly. After a while, the residents were carted off to the dining room and cheerless staff place clothing protectors upon them. The food appeared less than appealing. The meat looked dry and overcooked. There didn't seem to be alternatives offered should a person not enjoy what was being served. Those people who were being fed by staff were largely ignored by the staff members feeding them. Food was shovelled into their mouths and that was about all. Some residents appeared to need assistance but were not being helped. After the meal, those in wheelchairs were pushed back out into the hallway to again sit with little to no human contact.I was told there was an "Activies Department" but did not see any of the residents involved in that during the time I was in the facility. Overall, not a cheerful place to be.

Nursing Home Reviews for Lutheran Hillside Village

• Occupational Therapy

Types of care

• Meal Preparation

About Lutheran Hillside Village

Lutheran Hillside Village is a senior living provider in Peoria, Illinois that offers residents Assisted Living, Nursing Homes, and Continuing Care Communities. Contact Lutheran Hillside Village for more details on services and rates.

Map of Lutheran Hillside Village