Bickford of Peoria

Reviews of Bickford of Peoria

Assisted Living Reviews for Bickford of Peoria

December 10, 2019

By Krista

My brother has moved into Bickford of Peoria. They assist him with food and medicine. Otherwise, he does everything on his own. It's been great. The staff members are great, friendly, and helpful, and they do what they need to do. His accommodation is very nice, exactly what he needs, and it's more than adequate. The food is topnotch. He loves the food; it's the best part of the place. We're perfectly satisfied with it.

July 24, 2019

By Mary

My husband and I stayed at Bickford of Peoria assisted living for two weeks. For what we needed it for, it was great. The staff had been very helpful and friendly. We attended the church services and talked to people during meals. One thing I suggested was that they put up a curtain rod in the one-bedroom since there was just blinds there and it didn't really keep out the light if we needed to nap in the afternoon. I was satisfied with the food but my husband was not, but you can only do so much when you're cooking for a crowd since everybody has different diets.

August 30, 2018

By Anita

Bickford of Peoria was wonderful. The residents were happy and lively. A lot of extended family as visiting. The owner knew the residents by name. When we were in the orientation, the kitchen manager came in and gave us a menu so that we can know what the meals will be like. He brought us lunch, dessert, and homemade Cool Whip. We loved it. We got a good feeling of what it would be like for our father to live there. The cook mentioned that they grew herbs, tomatoes, and some vegetables in the back, so they got it fresh from the garden. They showed us one of the rooms, and it looked like an apartment with stoves in all the units even though they provide all the meals. Anyone living there feels like they're 100% at home and don't feel like they're living in a high school or college dorm. It was beautiful. We looked at a lot of different places and their food was the top. It's a family-friendly place that didn't smell like urine as soon as you walked in the door.

March 27, 2018

By Peggy

I liked Bickford of Peoria a lot. I only saw one young lady. She was very nice and she tried very hard to make it available to us. We walked through the whole thing and it was clean. I didn't see anything wrong with it. I really liked the room. It was very nice.

September 28, 2017

By Anne

The staff at Bickford of Peoria is excellent. We did a respite visit for my mother there, and we're doing another one this Friday. The community is very lovely, well taken care of, there are lively themes in different areas, and it's very spacious. They offer the ability to take your loved ones to doctors' appointments should you need them to, they do laundry independent of each resident, and they have private rooms.

April 05, 2017

By Lori826323

We are very pleased with Bickford. They have very kind staff, which is what really makes it. It’s a very caring, kept-up, clean facility with bright roms. The food is very good; my mother has to be fed and they do a very good job feeding her.

March 04, 2017

By Tammy016316

I toured Bickford. Everybody was very friendly and greeted us. I like that everyone has their own apartment. They had an exercise group, bingo, and a whole list of activities. They had a variety of food, and you could sit at a table and order off the menu like you are in a restaurant. The staff was extremely friendly. We saw one very nice room. I liked that they had individual apartments.

November 23, 2016

By Brenda348513

My cousin stayed at Bickford for three years while I was overseas. The director and I became very good friends because when I would come home on the holidays and I checked on her, I felt that they were taking excellent care of her. She loved it there. She had the freedom to move around in the building, but in order to go out of the building, you needed to know the code. It was locked in, and I liked that. The dining area was perfect, and the food was delicious. It was nutritious and good. They had bible study and crafts. They went on bus tours.

August 22, 2016

By Kathleen614518

I liked Bickford very much. It was absolutely lovely. I have no criticisms at all, except that it was expensive. My mother and her husband couldn't afford it. But I loved it. I liked the people. I loved the facility; it looked great. I'm sure my mother would have loved it, but it was a level of luxury that they've never had, and they can't afford it now. It looked very nice and great, though.

November 24, 2015

By Matt9

We weren’t fond on Bickford of Peoria. It was a nice place, but it was not warm and did not stand out. There were nice rooms, and I saw a lady doing some puzzles.

May 23, 2015

By Diana43

Bickford was very nice. It was almost like a hotel. The staff seemed very friendly.

May 07, 2015

We went to Bickford Senior Living, and the place was very nice. It’s very clean and very organized. The staff were very accommodating, friendly, and very outgoing people. The rooms were a little larger compared to the average rooms. They have bus services that take you places.

February 16, 2015

By Ron41

Bickford Senior Living got memory care, but they’re just not so equipped like the one he did now. They were still good as far as food and safety and all this. The rooms have been great, spacious, very warm, and clean. I have eaten there, and the food was very good. Very friendly atmosphere. They have two things going on each day: movies and they bring dogs in.

December 26, 2014

By Dana16

My mom is in Bickford of Peoria. It is an assisted living, and it is a very nice facility. The room has a small living room, a kitchen area,and a pretty good size bathroom and bedroom. It is about 550 square feet. What impresses me is their easy access to memory care because my mom has dementia. She is not in the memory care yet. If she goes to memory care, the cost is going to go up dramatically, but not as much as some of the other places. She goes to church. She watches some music being played by children, and she enjoys that. There may be some other activities that she may be involved in, but right now she is a little resistant of being there, so it will take time.

May 08, 2014

By Bickford of Peoria

My sister and I toured Bickford of Peoria on behalf of my dad, who is not yet actively shopping for a senior independent or assisted living home. The facility was clean and beautiful and appeared to offer a variety of activities and an interesting menu (though I didn't actually sample the fare). The community areas were large, rather than intimate. Very few residents were seen out of their rooms or taking part of the many available amenities..

August 26, 2013

By Roy10

Bickford is a nice place to live. I have a two-bedroom apartment and it's spacious. The food is institutional and that's the same thing I've had anywhere else; I hope they can improve on it. They have activities and I've participated in some. I'm satisfied with it.

Independent Living Reviews for Bickford of Peoria

Types of care

• Walking Wheelchair Assistance

• Get Costs

About Bickford of Peoria

Bickford of Peoria is a premier senior living community in Illinois. The facility offers assisted living, independent living and memory care. The property provides an intimate understanding of residents' needs and desires, while also catering to those with Alzheimer's disease. At Bickford of Peoria, residents are able to bring their treasured home pieces into the community and make it their own.

Map of Bickford of Peoria