Bickford of Peoria

Reviews of Bickford of Peoria

Assisted Living Reviews for Bickford of Peoria

April 05, 2017

By Lori826323

We are very pleased with Bickford. They have very kind staff, which is what really makes it. It’s a very caring, kept-up, clean facility with bright roms. The food is very good; my mother has to be fed and they do a very good job feeding her.

March 04, 2017

By Tammy016316

I toured Bickford. Everybody was very friendly and greeted us. I like that everyone has their own apartment. They had an exercise group, bingo, and a whole list of activities. They had a variety of food, and you could sit at a table and order off the menu like you are in a restaurant. The staff was extremely friendly. We saw one very nice room. I liked that they had individual apartments.

November 23, 2016

By Brenda348513

My cousin stayed at Bickford for three years while I was overseas. The director and I became very good friends because when I would come home on the holidays and I checked on her, I felt that they were taking excellent care of her. She loved it there. She had the freedom to move around in the building, but in order to go out of the building, you needed to know the code. It was locked in, and I liked that. The dining area was perfect, and the food was delicious. It was nutritious and good. They had bible study and crafts. They went on bus tours.

August 22, 2016

By Kathleen614518

I liked Bickford very much. It was absolutely lovely. I have no criticisms at all, except that it was expensive. My mother and her husband couldn't afford it. But I loved it. I liked the people. I loved the facility; it looked great. I'm sure my mother would have loved it, but it was a level of luxury that they've never had, and they can't afford it now. It looked very nice and great, though.

November 24, 2015

By Matt9

We weren’t fond on Bickford of Peoria. It was a nice place, but it was not warm and did not stand out. There were nice rooms, and I saw a lady doing some puzzles.

May 23, 2015

By Diana43

Bickford was very nice. It was almost like a hotel. The staff seemed very friendly.

May 07, 2015

We went to Bickford Senior Living, and the place was very nice. It’s very clean and very organized. The staff were very accommodating, friendly, and very outgoing people. The rooms were a little larger compared to the average rooms. They have bus services that take you places.

February 16, 2015

By Ron41

Bickford Senior Living got memory care, but they’re just not so equipped like the one he did now. They were still good as far as food and safety and all this. The rooms have been great, spacious, very warm, and clean. I have eaten there, and the food was very good. Very friendly atmosphere. They have two things going on each day: movies and they bring dogs in.

December 26, 2014

By Dana16

My mom is in Bickford of Peoria. It is an assisted living, and it is a very nice facility. The room has a small living room, a kitchen area,and a pretty good size bathroom and bedroom. It is about 550 square feet. What impresses me is their easy access to memory care because my mom has dementia. She is not in the memory care yet. If she goes to memory care, the cost is going to go up dramatically, but not as much as some of the other places. She goes to church. She watches some music being played by children, and she enjoys that. There may be some other activities that she may be involved in, but right now she is a little resistant of being there, so it will take time.

May 08, 2014

By Bickford of Peoria

My sister and I toured Bickford of Peoria on behalf of my dad, who is not yet actively shopping for a senior independent or assisted living home. The facility was clean and beautiful and appeared to offer a variety of activities and an interesting menu (though I didn't actually sample the fare). The community areas were large, rather than intimate. Very few residents were seen out of their rooms or taking part of the many available amenities..

August 26, 2013

By Roy10

Bickford is a nice place to live. I have a two-bedroom apartment and it's spacious. The food is institutional and that's the same thing I've had anywhere else; I hope they can improve on it. They have activities and I've participated in some. I'm satisfied with it.

Independent Living Reviews for Bickford of Peoria

• Pets: Yes

Types of care

• Walking Wheelchair Assistance

• About Bickford of Peoria

Welcome to Bickford of Peoria, one of Illinois's premier independent living, assisted living and memory care communities! Bickford of Peoria is conveniently located on West Willow Knolls Drive, so please, stop on by any time. We invite you in and welcome you home to our Peoria senior living community.

At Bickford of Peoria, we offer premier memory care, assisted and independent living services. The fullest expression of assistance comes with an intimate understanding of our residents at Bickford of Peoria. Each resident of our Illinois senior living home is unique, as are the services they require, and the manner in which they wish for them to be met. At our Peoria senior community, we also know firsthand the confusion that memory loss creates in relationships with loved ones. That's why our Alzheimer's care community strives to make every activity intentional and personally driven by each individual’s life story.

Nothing can replace home - this we know at Bickford of Peoria. The smells that waft through the open door, the tattered edges of the overstuffed chair in the living room, the faded photographs on the mantle, the memories…lifetimes are built on these things; happiness dwells in them. At Bickford of Peoria senior living in Illinois, we don’t ask you to give up your home, your treasures, your memories. Instead, we want you to bring the pieces of the home you love into our Illinois independent living, assisted living and memory care community and make it yours.

Map of Bickford of Peoria