17 Assisted Living Facilities near East Peoria, IL
Also serving communities of Morton.
There are 17 Assisted Living Facilities in the East Peoria area, with 2 in East Peoria and 15 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in East Peoria is $3,300 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,450. Cheaper nearby regions include Pekin with an average starting cost of $3,100.
To help you with your search, browse the 70 reviews below for assisted living facilities in East Peoria. On average, consumers rate assisted living in East Peoria 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Peoria with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in East Peoria, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in East Peoria, IL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in East Peoria
Located just across the Illinois River from Peoria, the town of East Peoria, Illinois, is a thriving metropolitan community. Almost 23,000 people live in East Peoria, and about 20 percent of them are seniors age 65 and older. Two assisted living facilities operate in town, and an additional 16 are located in nearby communities.
Assisted living facilities in East Peoria are regulated by the Illinois Department of Public Health, which requires certain licensing and operating standards. They must provide assistance with meals, cleaning and laundry, as well as maintain an emergency communication system for resident safety.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in East Peoria
- Seniors on a fixed budget may appreciate East Peoria's low cost of living, which is significantly lower than both Illinois and United States averages. Groceries, transportation and utility costs are low. Health spending is slightly high but still fairly close to the U.S. average.
- The crime rate in East Peoria is somewhat high. The rate of violent crime is about the same as the U.S. and Illinois averages and is lower than the rest of the Peoria metro area. The property crime rate is higher than all three, but seniors in secure assisted living facilities may not be as affected by it.
- East Peoria has a fairly moderate climate. Winters are cold with highs often in the 30s, but it typically only receives about 25 inches of snow in an average year. Summers are fairly mild, with highs in the 80s, so active seniors can safely enjoy the outdoors.
- The East Peoria area is home to world-class medical facilities, including OSF Saint Francis Medical Center and UnityPoint Health Methodist Hospital in nearby Peoria, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- East Peoria is served by the CityLink bus system, which also connects to Peoria and other communities in the greater metro area. Seniors age 65 and older are entitled to a discounted fare.
- The Peoria metro area is home to numerous parks and outdoor areas that are accessible to seniors with mobility issues, including the Forest Park Nature Center. The Peoria Riverfront Museum and the Par-A-Dice Hotel and Casino are also popular attractions in the area.
Paying for Assisted Living in East Peoria
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Illinois
Assisted Living costs in East Peoria start around $3,300 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in East Peoria and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in East Peoria
Seniors who qualify for Medicaid in Illinois may be eligible for the Supportive Living Program, which helps pay for daily care that Medicaid usually does not cover. Illinois residents may also qualify for the Community Care Program, which also pays for assistance with daily living.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in East Peoria
East Peoria and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in East Peoria, please visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in East Peoria
East Peoria-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Illinois are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in East Peoria
Review of Generations at Riverview
My parents used to be residents of Heartland of Riverview. The place was clean and their room was nice, they had 2 bedrooms, a living room, and a small kitchenette. The staff was nice, they're good... Read more
Review of Serenity Assisted Living & Royce Elliott Memory Care
My dad is at Serenity Assisted Living & Royce Elliot Memory Care. Its new, and bright, with big rooms. He has a 1-bedroom apartment, and he likes it. He likes the food. He stays in his room an... Read more
Review of Generations at Riverview
I chose Riverview for my friend because of our positive previous experience with another family member. I'm very pleased with how they're so organized. Her apartment was lovely, it was 1-bedroom wi... Read more