Grand View Alzheimer's Special Care Center

Reviews of Grand View Alzheimer's Special Care Center

Memory Care Reviews for Grand View Alzheimer's Special Care Center

June 24, 2019

By Christine

My mom was a resident of Grand View Alzheimers Special Care Center , Peoria Illinois, for 6 years. My husband and I live overseas. Knowing my dear mom was in such excellent care helped a lot. I would recommend Grand View, Peoria Illinois, without hesitation. The staff are so kind. Their job is not easy. They understood my moms situation and they understood how very difficult this illness is for the family. Over 6 years we got to know everyone and all I can say is, if this illness had to happen to our family, then I am glad for Grand View Special Care, peoria, Illinois.

Hello Christine, We thank you so much for choosing Grand View and allowing us to be apart of your journey. Our goal and purpose here is to build Meaningful Moments and to fulfull the needs and required care for you and your loved ones. It was with great pleasure to have you has part of our Grand View family....Thank you!

March 30, 2018

By Dave R.

Grand View is THE BEST choice for care in Peoria. The building is beautiful, and food excellent but the management and staff sets them apart from others. They did a great job with finding the unique way to provide the care that was needed. She was very challenging with some behaviors but the management figured out quickly how to approach her without upsetting her. It was such a relief. I can't say enough good things about them. They also do so many activities. I would tell anyone looking to go visit them and see for yourself - then you will know too. Thank you Grand View!

March 19, 2018

By You're Angels!

I went in with a balloon for another resident's birthday and her daughter was playing the piano beautifully. That party was fun and then my mom and I had such a lovely time alone together in one of the great areas that you provide for us to sneak off. I thanked her for being such a wonderful mom and she said thank you for being such a wonderful daughter. I was so moved by her comment and was on the verge of tears and then…The bowling started! Actual bowling. The entire place was filled with such joy and laughter from one and all and it was all due to the energy of your staff. Your staff is brilliant! Absolutely brilliant! Bringing everyone into the games and so considerate of each individual. That staff brought everyone joy and happiness. If these women on your staff aren't blessed with a special gift of giving love, then I don't know who really is. I am so lucky that my mom is in your care!

March 15, 2018

By Thanksgiving

I first want to say what a delicious meal they did for Thanksgiving! The food was great and I couldn't have had better company. Being able to share a holiday meal with my mom, dad, and sisters was priceless and Grand View afforded us a moment to just be together. Second, they have shown support, kindness, patience, insight, smiles, and hugs as we maneuver through territory that is new and unfamiliar. It has been a struggle as we have tried to care for Mom while giving her respect and dignity and keep her safe. The hardest part was realizing we couldn't do it alone and trying to find people who could help us in a manner that is compassionate, respectful, and with dignity. We found it in Grand View! As we learn to help my mom, we appreciated their guidance and expertise.

November 27, 2017

By Mom'sValentine

Without even touching on the lack of professionalism, cleanliness, edible food, power-hungry behaviors, etc., for our family, the key thing was LOVE which Grand view extends very little of to its patients. Much front but little substance here. Consider other options in close by cities before putting your parent here. We're now paying less to have our mother in a clean, beautiful facility where staff respects and loves her.

September 28, 2017

By Anne

The location of Grand View Alzheimer's Special Care Center was good, but we had issues with them. We tried them out three times. The last time my mother came home with bruises and pinch marks, and there was no documentation of the incident happening, so I'm not happy with them. She stayed there for eight days. The place itself was nice, most of the time it was clean and very well-decorated, but occasionally there was a smell of urine. Some of the staff was very good, but the nursing staff was very bad. I only saw a couple of meals offered, and they looked fine. They offered some arts and crafts, some singing, and some daily exercises (like chair exercises).

September 06, 2016

By Christine C

My mother came to Grand View in April 2013. In the time that she's been there I know she has enjoy the activities and has made friends. The food is excellent and laundry service is outstanding. Grand View is always spotlessly clean. The nursing staff and care givers do a marvellous job. In short, my husband and I feel so lucky that we have found a wonderful home for my mother. She needed 24-hour care and she is getting all the love and support we could ever hope for. I have learned that this is also a journey for the family members. Grand View offers a wonderful support system for us, too. Thank you Grand View for your care of my beloved mom.

March 28, 2016

By Rhonda32

We put my mom at Grand View. It’s a very good place. I am very happy with them, so far. The care and food that she is receiving is very good. I would highly rate this place.

February 29, 2016

By Nancy124806050

We were blessed to find Grand View. The facility is amazing and we were so lucky. We appreciate all the help with my husband. I'm spreading this Grand View treatment with everyone.

February 26, 2016

By Reviewer124684750

They saw the best in my dad. They gave off themselves unselfishly.

January 11, 2016

By GVnotSAFE

Other

If you hope to have any assistance for your loved one, then this is not a facility for you. If your loved one needs to have medications or any level of nursing care, the nurses in this place CONTINUOUSLY use NO critical thinking about possible medication complications or basic medical problems. Nor do the nurses consider what is best for the actual patient when administering medications, but what is convenient for their institution. The nurses simply do not think, making them very DANGEROUS to the patients. If your loved one needs help with a shower, you better hope they qualify for hospice care because it is not until then that hygiene is attended to on a regular basis (which then is only twice a week.) If your loved one has memory issues that hinders their ability to remember to eat and drink (common with dementia), plan to have a family member present throughout the day to remind your loved one to eat and drink. If you want your loved one to have actual bedding or clean clothes, be prepared to do it yourself. If you hope to be notified that your loved one has taken a hard fall, you will not be called. In our case, our loved one fell BECAUSE the nurses continued giving them medication that was causing them to be unsteady. Even with family asking for an evaluation of the new unsteadiness caused by increased medication. Honestly, I could go on about the incompetent and negligent manner in which this place operates. Be aware it is not accredited and for good reason. This place might look nice, but it is not. Some of the staff might work hard, but most do not. One aid might be working for every three standing around eating and talking. Biggest mistake was to allow our loved one to call GrandView in Peoria, IL, their home. Do not believe the lies the administration will tell to get your money. Sadly, this place is a nightmare. We are glad we had our loved one removed months ago and are now experiencing what competent and compassionate care looks like.

December 29, 2015

By Resident1

General care is good. Staff is friendly. The aides do not help him shave they just tell him to. Permit him to sleep in his daytime clothes (may be easier than his refusal to change clothes). They need to acquire exercise equipment for higher functioning patrons. Posted menus are frequently not what is served. Need more fresh fruits and fewer carbs.

April 23, 2015

By Gordon3

Services received were very good but do not like the fact that rails cannot be put on bed to prevent falls. That was how we lost him!

February 16, 2015

By Ron41

Grand View Alzheimer’s is very clean, there is a highly skilled staff, and they take very, very good care of your loved ones. Any little problems, they call. Dad’s room is fantastic; he is in a private room, and they clean it everyday. It’s nice, bright, and very clean. The dining room is clean, and they’ve got a good selection. They’ve got like two or three odd place. The food is very good. They have a chef on board. The security of the place is very strict. They’ve got access codes to get in and out, and it’s very difficult for anybody just to walk in or get out of the place.
See all Memory Care reviews (22) See fewer reviews

Costs for Grand View Alzheimer's Special Care Center

Photos of Grand View Alzheimer's Special Care Center

Services and Amenities of Grand View Alzheimer's Special Care Center

• Pharma

• Pets: No Pets Allowed

About Grand View Alzheimer's Special Care Center

Often the mental demands of those struggling with Alzheimer's disease can take over the emotional needs. But at JEA Senior Living, we keep the emotional needs and feelings of your loved one at the very center of what we do.

Our exclusive Meaningful Moments&reg program is specifically designed to help meet the needs of those Residents with memory loss. We begin by discovering the life story of each individual's likes, dislikes and cherished memories. By adding details and preferences from each Resident's life story into their day, we can build comfort and a sense of meaning for each individual Resident. The result is a familiar atmosphere for your loved one.

Our Residents have access to a whole host of amenities and programming options to help keep them active and engaged in daily life.

There are excursions to restaurants and shopping, arts and crafts classes, movie nights and many chances for family and holiday celebrations. Our Meaningful Moments&reg program, paired with our active and engaged staff members at JEA Senior Living, brings together the very best Alzheimer's care.

Map of Grand View Alzheimer's Special Care Center