Highland Oaks

Reviews of Highland Oaks

Nursing Home Reviews for Highland Oaks

December 26, 2017

By Christopher

We absolutely love Highland Oaks. It is everything we were looking for and much more. The staff is so accommodating and so friendly. They're very interested in caring for their patients. The location is in the middle of nowhere, and the place is very secluded, but there's a parking lot. I think it is a Christian place, so there's a bit of that feeling in the atmosphere. They have a lot of activities throughout the day and encourage my mom to participate. They have a piano player who comes a few times a week and Mom loves to sit there and listen. Everyone there is very warm and you really feel like it's extended family. They found what color Mom likes, bought her nail polish, and they would do her lipstick every day. It was just so small but it makes the world of a difference. They did a Thanksgiving lunch and the food was delicious and in huge portions. The dining room is very clean, too.

September 09, 2016

My mother-in-law has been at Highland Oaks for eight weeks now. What stands out is the personal, one-on-one interaction with the residents. The staff is very polite and very knowledgeable. The facility has its own doctors, and there are a lot of activities. It's very clean and neat, and there's a lake.

February 21, 2016

By Ron120140550

Highland Oaks looked like a good place. Unfortunately, they did not have an opening for my mom when we visited them. I was also disappointed that they charged me a $200 application fee that they did not refund even though they did not do anything. It looked like the care was good.

May 05, 2015

By ejareczek

I can't say enough good things about this nursing home. My father was a resident there for 6 1/2 years and throughout the time they took SUCH great care of him. We had taken him to a couple of other nursing homes and the atmosphere/care given to him just weren't cutting it. My father passed away last week and up until the very end they made sure everything was as it should be for him as well as those of us visiting. The staff there truly cares about their residents and my family is so grateful for the compassion and caring they showed to my father.

October 25, 2014

Apostolic Christian Resthaven is a Christian nursing home, the attendants are extremely caring, and most of them have been there at least three years which is very unusual for a nursing home. The rooms are very clean, and it has been recently remodeled. I had lunch there, and the food is fantastic. They have music hour, they have quick trivia, and they also make cards for the military. Most of the residents were in wheelchairs.

Services and Amenities of Highland Oaks

About Highland Oaks

Highland Oaks is a senior living provider in Elgin, Illinois that offers residents Nursing Homes and Nursing Homes. Contact Highland Oaks for more details on services and rates.

Map of Highland Oaks