Renaissance - North Tampa

Offers Assisted Living, Independent Living, Continuing Care Communities, and Memory Care

16001 Lakeshore Villa Drive, Tampa, FL 33613
Renaissance - North Tampa (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Renaissance - North Tampa

Assisted Living Reviews for Renaissance - North Tampa

July 25, 2013

By smille4

My mother moved in this month and I must say the experience has been very positive so far. The decision to move her was heartbreaking, but it has really been an easy transition. The studio is much larger than other places I visited and turned out to be very cozy once her furniture was moved in. She even had room for a chair and sofa! She comments how the staff are always so friendly and helpful, and how delicious the meals are. I have eaten with her several times and I agree on the food. The choices are plentiful and taste is great. I was sad to hear the lodge/nursing home will be closing and am hopeful if the time comes when she needs more assistance, something will be available then. I love that fact that she can get her hair done there, as well as have the medications managed and given to her. All in all, I'm extremely happy so far!

May 11, 2013

By Judy21

The Lakeshore Villas is convenient for me to get to, even from work. It's a wonderful place. My mom's apartment is beautiful. It's actually perfect for her because she can easily get around in it. She was able to take all of her furniture into a nice living room. Her bedroom is nice and large. The apartment also has a full-sized bathroom and kitchen. Everything is right there. The administration is very nice. The members of the staff are very, very caring people. The food is delicious. The dining room is very open, clean and welcoming. It feels like a regular dining room. Lakeshore is an older facility so they can probably improve on updating some of their decorations.

April 17, 2013

By Charles 1

My mom's got dementia and is in long term care at Lakeshore Villa right now. I'm not that impressed with the place. I'd really like to get her out of there and move her somewhere else. I think she likes the food because she eats pretty well, but she wants to get out.

January 18, 2012

By tampabayCNA

Apartment style living that has a hint of assistance. If you are insistent in maintaining your independence and in addition you are aware of the fact that you might need help at certain times, well this might be the place for you. A beautiful building that is very well maintained this is home to a large scale of seniors. There is constant activities being offered throughout the day and even ice cream socials. The out door commons area is beautiful. Everywhere I turned there was a staff member. They were very helpful and knowledgeable about their residents. That is sometimes hard to find in large scale communities, as everyone seems to blend into each other. There is a ton of parking available and the building is easy to access.

December 15, 2011

By Deedeedee

My father is staying at The Inn and has been there since May of 2011. I'm very pleased with the staff and the living conditions. The managers are doing an awesome job. The staff are very friendly and helpful. There is always something to do lots of activitys. They have trips to the stores and out to lunch throughout the month. The faculity is very clean and the food was great I had lunch and dinner a few times with my dad when I visited him. I just can not say enough how pleased I am with The Inn where my dad lives. They lookout for your family members who live there as though they were there own family.

October 20, 2011

By tpag8rgirl

My grandmother lived at this facility for a few years. The staff was also so pleasant and helpful and had many activities to keep the residents busy. They had an indoor pool, pool table, a lake with a gazebo that residents could sit by, many activities that the residents could partake in such as: Bingo, crafts, puzzles, bus trips to restaurants, grocery store, fair, etc. They have options where a resident can live alone or with roommate and have kitchens in some units. They have a nursing staff on the assisted living floor that will come bring medications. They have a mailroom for residents as well. The staff was always very catering and the dinning room was always nice (reminded me of a cruise ship dinning room). Grounds were always clean and they also have different holiday events where local organizations such as cub-scouts, etc come in to do caroling for the residents. Next door to the assisted living facility is the nursing home.

Independent Living Reviews for Renaissance - North Tampa

January 25, 2021

By Maureen

My husband and I are together at the Renaissance in Tampa. It is comfortable, very clean, quiet, the people are very nice, the help is very nice, the rooms are spacious, the ceilings are high, it's concrete, so it's super quiet. They offer everything we need. We're in the independent living. My husband is disabled, but I am fine, so with help I'm able to take care of him. The facilities are awesome, they're great. The facility is massive, it's wonderful. I haven't tried the activities. This is 13 acres, not what you would call an uptown. There's a lot of industrial things around it, but it's secluded, and you're not really bothered by it. If you were looking for an "elite address," this is not it. It's right by everything. It's very close to all kinds of facilities.

June 15, 2020

By Louise m.

I enjoy spending time in my room as the kitchen is well equipped and the bedroom and living room are a perfect size for me. The maintenance staff responds directly though we must pay for items needed for the buildings benefit. I love our new activities director who offers activities for almost every bodies enjoyment but there are a few residents that are never happy. The staff is attentive, but as most places, a few are rude and abrupt when information is needed. The covid19 situation has changed our daily lives and we are fortunate to have management that keep us informed as to cleanliness and rules which have kept all of us safe and with negative test results. The dining room changes rules constantly and I was told that unless I eat there, I can’t come in only to socialize. This is the place that has the most complaints and, also, a few of the wait help decide to make their own rules daily and the chef has an attitude that most of us are always wrong. I had my own restaurant and had Food and Restaurant certification and I know what fine dining is and this isn’t what we expected. Perhaps our living conditions will improve when covid19 is in the past. Currently is not the time to move here.

November 13, 2019

By Vernyce

My mother is on her way to Allegro. We chose it because of the friendliness and the openness of the staff as well as the residents that were there. They not only appeared happy, but they were very open and welcoming. The rooms were wonderful, had everything that you need, perfect size and very new. The dining area was wonderful. They had a resident counsel, so all of the activities are decided by the residents themselves, and they keep a very busy calendar. If those things are engaging to them, they continue to keep them there, and if they're not, they change them.

May 06, 2018

By Frank

Renaissance Senior Living was all redone and renovated recently. The apartments were adequate. They have adequate activities like games and trips, and they have a couple of game rooms. They have a library, a swimming pool and an exercise facility. The menu looked OK, and the dining room area was adequate, and attractive enough. The staff was very accommodating, knowledgeable, and pleasant. It looked like there was adequate parking.

Thank you for the feedback. This community was recently renovated and we are glad to hear you were happy with the new look and feel. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make your experience even better next time. Feel free to contact us. Hope you will come visit again soon!

October 13, 2017

By Deborah

The tour guide that took us through Renaissance Senior Living was very nice, helpful, and very informative. However, they hesitated in taking my husband because he has a PEG tube, which was a bit of a concern for me. They weren't really equipped for someone in that position. The grounds were nice, but it was very sunny. There weren't any trees or shaded areas, and I need to be in that kind of environment because I burn really easy. The pricing was really good. It was one of the ones we were seriously considering, but the one thing that kept us away was a lot of sun. The lady was very knowledgeable and tried to help answer our questions involving moving from assisted living to full nursing. She was very accommodating with our insurance, and they were extremely friendly. The residents were having a meal and it looked very good and well-prepared. It was very neat.

Photos of Renaissance - North Tampa

Payment options

• Credit Card
  • Check

About Renaissance - North Tampa

Renaissance - North Tampa is a luxury destination offering engaging activities and serene escapes for every lifestyle. Here, you’ll find your own personal retreat filled with simple pleasures and sumptuous rewards in the midst of a vibrant community built on belonging. Tucked away amidst lush landscaping and a serene living lake, our friendly community offers a welcome escape from stress, yet is close to everything you need. We cater to your independence with round the clock concierge services, housekeeping and delectable dining. Make new friends and stay active with our comprehensive social calendar. Greet guests in our welcoming community areas or in your own well-appointed residence. Whether you want to get involved in everything or get away from it all, you’ll find your own personal Renaissance right here.

Map of Renaissance - North Tampa