Brookshire (THE)

85 BULLDOG BLVD., Melbourne, FL 32901
Brookshire (THE) (844) 334-3818

Reviews of Brookshire (THE)

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookshire (THE)

April 24, 2015

By Robert105350250

I had a friend who stayed in the Brookshire. The Brookshire is the lowest priced probably in the Melbourne area. Their facilities were two people to a room, and it again was very dimly lit. They did have good meals, and the food was good, but the care was very poor. The people tended to be nice, but when I wasn't around, the care went downhill. Several times he had to go to the hospital because they weren't watching what was going on with him. He was on oxygen, and they didn't make sure he kept it on. I don't know what happened, but also he was at the hospital, and they said he was too low on oxygen, although he was wearing oxygen, so what happened? Something happened, and they let him go to the point where he passed out, fell down, and had to be taken to the hospital. A couple of times, we had occurrences. They were having issues with the medication. I wouldn't put anyone in there. That's how I felt about it. I wouldn't go there. It was that bad. They were remodeling while I was there, so I think they were trying to make it look nicer, brighter, and cheerier. Essentially, I think they were understaffed. The staff's attitude was less than enjoying life, so that pretty much rubbed off on the residents. Unfortunately, they didn’t show my friend the respect he should have had. He was constantly complaining about the place. He did go into somewhere else, and they put him in a nursing home shortly before he passed away.

July 24, 2013

By Yvette Rodriguez

I am so grateful to The Brookshire and it's staff. The Brookshire helped me at the most hardest time of placing my loving Mom Julia in a loving environment. The Administration Department were so helpful and kind and very, very understanding. The facility is immaculate, clean, friendly and most of all the caretakers of the patients are very loving and understanding. Dementia is a very difficult disease to deal with and understand, but The Brookshire Family showed me how it is done! :) Congratulations to The Brookshire Facility for helping and caring for my Mom and especially in giving me that light at the end of the tunnel.

May 11, 2012

By commercesd

While in the area, we headed over to the to check out Brookshire assisted living facility which looked really well-kept and fresh. My friend's mother wishes to stay in Florida, so we had been checking out places for her to live. We really liked the park-like areas around the building. The main foyer was really lovely. The communal areas are suited for a variety of activities, from reading to games and other resident interactions. This exercise facility had ample rooms, including daily yoga and aerobics exercise classes. The residents may also safely navigate the lovely grounds for exercise with adequate supervision. The private living spaces were all beautifully decorated. We could see that my friend's mother would be comfortable in any one of them. Each unit had individually controlled temperatures. Activities, events and outings scheduled included everything from casual to fine dining, and cultural venues such as museums, the library, films and theater. They also have many social gatherings and parties for residents that friends and family may participate in. The dining areas included intimate and communal dining. The food and menu choices all looked really nutritious and delicious, as well as the regular snacks - offered regularly and whenever requested. It was clear that the residents really enjoy living here and are very well taken care of.

About Brookshire (THE)

Brookshire (THE) is a senior living provider in Melbourne, Florida that offers residents Assisted Living. Contact Brookshire (THE) for more details on services and rates.

Map of Brookshire (THE)