Stone River Retirement Community

Reviews of Stone River Retirement Community

Independent Living Reviews for Stone River Retirement Community

September 05, 2021

By Jim

I visited Stone River Retirement Community. There were two things that kept us out of there. They didn't have continuation of care, and they didn't have a pool. They had everything else. Their food was excellent. The staff was outstanding, and the activities were probably as good as any you will find. The people that live there were friendly. I like them. If they just had a pool and continuation of care, we would have been there. They didn't have a couple amenities that we were looking for. The food was excellent. I had prime rib. They were like three years old and new. Everything was nice. All of it was clean and very good. The rooms were excellent and comfortable looking. They had several one-bedroom, two-bedroom, and I think they even had three-bedroom, and they were nice.

Jim, Thank you for your nice review. You are correct that we do not have continuation of care but most people age in place well at Stone River because of our attention to fitness, mind and social programs and by being able to hire help as needed. By having an in-house Home Health company and Therapy service, as well as the various medical professionals that make regular visits, we are able to keep most residents from having to ever move into an Assisted Living Community. Our residents also take comfort in knowing that their Emergency pendants or watch connect them instantly to our 24 hour concierge and/or myself and husband that live on site with our residents. Also, some of our residents here that thought a pool would be important, realized they hardly ever use a pool anymore, and there are a few that utilize the YMCA pool not far away. We realize we are not all things to all people but do appreciate the review and hope you find a comfortable home that has everything you are looking for. Thank you for your visit!

July 11, 2021

By Peps

I was very, very impressed with Stone River. The people were very professional and friendly. They answer all your questions very honestly. They're truthful. We toured a few of the apartments there. We also toured the facility on the first floor, the eating facility, and the fitness room. I was flabbergasted at the number of people that are living here that would come over and stop. Some were walking, one was in a wheelchair, and another one with a walker was very charming, came over, put her hand on my shoulder, "How are you? Are you planning to come here? You look like a fine gentleman." I was blown away. The apartments were fantastic and very reasonable. The monthly rates were very reasonable in comparison to some of the other places I've seen. They take care of their people, especially their veterans. I met quite a few people who were Army and Navy veterans. I'm a Navy veteran myself and that pleased me very much. You can have a car there, and they have valet service. You don't have to find a parking spot. You just drop it in the front of the place, and they'll park it for you. If you want a garage, the valet will take it to your garage, lock it up, and come back and give you the key. The tour guide was one of the executives there, and he was wonderful, very thorough, and answered all my questions. He's fantastic. They have a pretty extensive library of fiction. You could sit down, and it's quiet in there. They have a side room where you could congregate with a couple of people. When you have family over, you can sit in there quietly. They have other places as well where you can sit down and make more noise and have fun. There's an exercise room. I was surprised at the number of exercise machines that they had in there that were not ultra-strenuous machines. People who have an average age of 80 years old could easily use just to tone up. They also have yoga classes and a Tai chi class. The eating facility is spectacular. There are different sections of the eating facility where people can go to any time during the day, sit down, have coffee, and talk. Then there's a little bit broader area that's reserved for the main meals, where more people are coming in. It's very, very nicely done. I met the head chef, and he's very nice. The menu is very extensive. They have different things each day. They have three meals: breakfast, lunch and dinner. They have a preparation area, where you could come in in between meals and have a snack or a sandwich. It's very easy to get around. The hallways are very wide and spacious. There were handrails on both sides of the hallways for people who may have a little bit trouble of moving around or walking. They have more than one elevator. The elevators are big too because they're also used when somebody is moving in or moving out. What they do is they put shrouds inside the elevator with blankets on the wall, so that the walls are not damaged. They're used to transport furniture into or out of the apartment. The apartments were prepared for people who were going to be moving in in three months or so. They were so clean. You could almost literally eat out the floor and parts of it are carpeted. The appliances appear new. I really enjoyed it. The parent company that owns Stone River owns a number around the United States at different places. I could leave Stone River for a short of period of time, get on a plane, go to one of their other facilities, and stay in an apartment in the other facility free of charge. It's like being in my own apartment, and that's fantastic. What made me excited is one of them happens to be in South Windsor, Connecticut, which is within 20 minutes of where my extended family lives up in Springfield, Massachusetts.

Thank you so much for your wonderful review and for visiting our friendly community. It was a pleasure having you here!

October 01, 2018

By Mary

I visited Stone River Retirement Community. I thought it was lovely, everybody was wonderful, the services and everything they offer is excellent, and it looks terrific. They treated us beautifully, they invited us to have dinner there, to go to a show, and they showed us around. It was very nice. The dining setup was very good, very nice, very pleasant, and the food was very good.

Questions about Stone River Retirement Community

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Stone River Retirement Community. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Stone River residents are well-rounded individuals aged 55 and over who live life at their own pace. Some continue to refine a lifelong hobby, or work, while others delight in learning new activities and skills.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

With its sun-bleached beaches, vibrant community and rich cultural history, Bradenton is a magical location for Stone River. Between the world-class attractions of the Tampa Bay, the pristine Florida Keys to the south, and the bounteous nature all around, there is so much for our residents to do and see.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Stone River Retirement Community has organized?

Our full-time lifestyle director collaborates with residents to develop a wide variety of events and activities tailored to the interests of the community. Dinner outings as well as trips to the local farmers market and shopping centers are often found on the weekly agenda.

What transportation services does Stone River Retirement Community offer to independent living residents?

Stone River offers scheduled transportation to professional appointments and group outings, we also offer valet parking for our residents.

What makes the chef or dining program at Stone River Retirement Community exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

Freedom Dining is Stone River's most popular feature. The program includes flexible dining hours throughout the day, plus the option to choose from a variety of dining experiences: fine dining, casual buffet dining including pizza, salads, sandwiches; on-the-go snacks; room service is also available as an option, at no additional charge. Our Freedom Dining program ensures residents have ample time to dine, plus plenty of nutritionally-balanced meal options, prepared by our Executive Chef daily.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

We have a fabulous 150 seat theatre to host live performances, meetings, and of course a great place to take in a movie. Other areas of the community to enjoy include the 24 hour fitness center, library, billiards room and computer center. There is also a gift shop/pharmacy, salon/barber and a bank/credit union located on the premises for your convenience.

What safety features or security measures does Stone River Retirement Community offer to independent living residents?

Stone River is a 24/7 professionally staffed community with live in managers and concierge services. For your safety, Stone River is equipped with a medical alert system, all included.

If Stone River Retirement Community accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Stone River is a pet friendly community, with no additional fee.

Photos of Stone River Retirement Community

Services and Amenities of Stone River Retirement Community

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

About Stone River Retirement Community

Our all-inclusive 55 and over senior living community is home to those who relish living a luxurious lifestyle, complete with round-the-clock service, resort-style dining, and lavish accommodations.

We’ve thought of everything. The value and luxury built into our long list of amenities are what sets us apart.

Our month-to-month rent includes no hidden fees. With everything taken care of by our professional staff, you’ll have the time and freedom to enjoy all the amenities and services we have to offer!

Full Kitchens
  • Ceiling Fans
  • No Fee For Pets
  • Paid Utilities
  • Cable TV and Wi-Fi
Our signature Freedom Dining program is our most talked-about amenity among our residents. The program mimics the dining experience of a luxury resort. Professional chefs work hard to provide three wonderful, nutritious meals each day – meals that pair nicely with flexible hours, with snacks always available in between.

Map of Stone River Retirement Community