Veranda Club

Offers Assisted Living and Independent Living

6061 Palmetto Circle North, Boca Raton, FL 33433
Veranda Club (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 21 days

This month special is $600.00 of the first two months rent, and a free 45' Television

Reviews of Veranda Club

Assisted Living Reviews for Veranda Club

October 13, 2016

By Terri308407

Veranda Club was a little more expensive, but it was really nice. The food smelled great. The only thing though is the one-bedroom was a little small, but I would recommend this place for sure.

September 29, 2016

By Bee105

Veranda Club was my runner up. It was very nice and clean, but the room wasn’t as big, spacious, or cozy. It was a nice staff. It seemed like they were nice people there. There were old thoughts of it like some long hallways that seemed out of the way; I wasn’t comfortable with my mother walking through. Location was fairly enough in, off of a busy street that there’d be no traffic issues.

September 15, 2016

By Yolanda858433

I saw a studio and a two-bedroom at Veranda Club, and they were very small. We were not really impressed. It seemed clean. We just took a tour and then talked a little with the woman -- who was very nice -- and that’s it. The dining area was just average. They showed us their menu, and it was very good.

June 28, 2016

By Sandy725460

I visited Veranda Club. The staff was nice and friendly, and gave us a tour and showed us around. The place was clean and organized. Their residents all looked happy and busy.

March 08, 2016

By Lisa120817650

My mom has moved into Veranda Club. The big plus is the size of the room because it is definitely one of the largest that we saw; it looks like an apartment with a living room. The people are very friendly. The price is very competitive. We are pleased that they have a list with two months of activities scheduled. They have assisted and independent very close together, so it does not have a nursing home feel, and is, in fact, very active, which is what’s important. The dining room is cafeteria-style and nice and appropriate. The food is good.

December 28, 2015

The rooms at Veranda Club are new, very spacious, and have full refrigerators. My mom’s room has a terrace, which is very nice. The room is comfortable and feels more like an apartment. The staff is very nice. The facility looks bright and happy.

September 14, 2015

By Robert112984750

My parents have already moved in to Veranda Club. The services have been very good. They are very helpful. Everything in this area of assisted living is price high, but they seem to be within reason, and my parents so far seem very happy with the whole process of moving in and being there. The staff assisted me with all of our needs. They gave us a couple of meals, and they are very helpful. The maintenance staff is very great. The amenities seem to be top notch. They have a restaurant, a chef, a bistro, a movie theater, physical therapy, a hair salon, a workout room, walking paths, seemingly, everything that my parents need. As far as the apartment is concerned, it is a two-bedroom apartment with a little patio. It is on the first floor. Their car is parked outside the door, so that is convenient, and they have a kitchenette, which is really all they need because they do not cook.

July 20, 2015

By Jeff41

Veranda Club was nicer, but it cost a whole bunch more. The staff was accommodating and helpful. The rooms seemed nice. Each room had an outside veranda, which was nicer because you could sit outside have some fresh air. The food seemed fine, but I didn't eat there. However, they did invite me to sit and eat there. They had all of the things. They had the trips, the games, and the services. The only thing I could suggest was try to lower their prices a little. They were without a doubt a fancier facility, but they cost more.

April 29, 2015

By Michael106009650

My mother is at Veranda Club and their staff is extremely attentive, very friendly, warm, and loving. It is a wonderful facility. They have different activities like lecture, music, and dancing. They also have bus services to all the local shopping areas. They have a swimming that the residents can use. They have beautiful one bedroom apartments with screen terraces. The place is totally safe and secured. The food is wonderful and they offer varied menus for the residents. They have two dining areas one for assisted and one for the independent living and they are both very well attended and it is comfortable. I would recommend it to anybody.

August 24, 2014

By Patricia82705250

My mother has been living in Veranda Club for four years, three of which were spent in the independent living unit. She moved to assisted living this February. It was very well run, very clean, and the staff were very compassionate. They seemed to be very attentive to the residents who live there. The food could be better. Everybody that works there such as the nursing staff are wonderful, kind, and compassionate. She has a full apartment, a bedroom, and a kitchenette area, but she has no stove. She’s got a living room and a screened-in porch, patio, a huge walk-in closet, a nice size bathroom, and a storage closet. They do activities such as Bingo and different board games. They also have singers and musical entertainment come in. They also have different religious services and birthday parties every month.

May 28, 2013

By Jack11

I looked for a place for me and my wife. I went to The Veranda Club and there were different wings where everybody got a nice view of the courtyard. The young girl who showed me around was very nice and accommodating. She showed me the retirement room and it was big, I could move right away if I wanted.

July 23, 2012

By danisig

Kind demeanor from staff and upkeep was satisfactory. The facilities were good - there were plenty of activities for senior citizens of a range of ages. The grounds were nice and created a warm and welcoming environment for the tenants. The staff made a noticeable effort to welcome myself and my family and to explain the facility and its workings.

April 03, 2012

By commercesd

We visited The Veranda Club while in the region looking at assisted facilities for my friend's mother. We did not have an appointment, yet the staff was very accommodating and took us on a full tour. We immediately liked the outer exterior, which appeared very well maintained. The center and grounds were nicely landscaped, with tree-lined walkways and seating areas. We could feel a very nice vibe when we stepped inside. The facility had ample communal rooms and the calendar of activities was extensive, from local fairs and events to other stimulating events. Seniors may also read in the library any time they like, play card games and socialize. The physical exercise options included nature walks, equipment and regular classes. The living spaces were generous, beautifully decorated and had lots of fresh air and light. All units were well designed and efficient with safety in mind. The menus all had healthy food options for all kinds of diets. Healthy snacks are offered all day and into the evening, as well as whenever residents request them. The dining room was quite nice, with plenty of space. The food we saw looked and smelled delicious. This facility can accommodate a variety of ambulation levels and as a resident's needs change, care can be easily shifted as becomes necessary. We were very impressed with this facility. The staff is also exceptionally kind, caring and helpful. We could see that anything a resident might need is provided here.

Independent Living Reviews for Veranda Club

October 27, 2016

By Adrienne803742

Last year, Veranda Club was number one on our list. The majority of the people there are Jewish. The food was very good. She loves the food. They had a lot of activities. The rooms are the nicest rooms of all the places I’ve been to. They have screened-in balconies that have very nice views, not the parking lot. They’re screened in ,so if you have a cat or a little dog and you want to let it out on the patio, they can’t jump overboard, and that’s a big plus for a lot of elderly people. Every room they showed us was in top notch condition. Everything was clean, repaired, and very nice.

October 04, 2016

By Rachelle767578

I was able to visit Veranda Club for a walk through. They had nice, wide hallways, and there were a lot of people with electric wheelchairs and so on. I thought people looked happy and you could hardly, in some cases, tell if the person was a client, a patient, or a nurse. The people were nice there. Veranda Club looked good; everybody likes it.

May 10, 2016

By Irwin1

We visited Veranda Club. We liked it and have decided that this will be the place we go. The apartments are larger than many of the other apartments we’ve seen in the same price range. Their premises have been repainted top to bottom as well as inside and outside, and they replaced all of the furniture, so it looks like new.

February 09, 2016

By Eileen35

Veranda Club is terrible. It is a non-inviting place. We walked in, and it did not look nice so we left right away.

September 08, 2014

By Doris30

The Veranda Club is a very nice facility and I really like it. If I would choose for myself, I would choose this facility. It was small, but very pretty facility. Their dining area is beautiful and the food is good. The staff was very nice as well.

April 08, 2014

By Lisa G.

I recently visited The Veranda Club as part of a search for an independent living facility for my 81 year old mom who currently lives in NY and wants to move to Florida. I was met at the reception desk by Sheila, a lovely, friendly woman who is a long-time employee. I was then met by Wrendi who took me on a tour... she too could not have been nicer. I wanted to fall in love with the Veranda but unfortunately the good vibe that you get from the people is not matched by the appearance of the building. I was very suprised to see how rundown the facility is... carpeting in the rec room upstairs was stained and dirty, the walls looked as if they had not been painted since opening, the "verandas" or unit sunrooms are in serious need of an overhaul and the one apt.that I visited had appliances that looked ancient. I was told that they are in the process of a much needed renovation. I told Wrendi that until that renovation was completed, there was no way that I could bring my mom down to visit the site. A very bad first impression.

Questions about Veranda Club

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Veranda Club. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The Veranda Club Assisted Living services residents range in the ages from late 60's to over 100 years of age. The majority of the residents are in their mid 80's. They are as active as they would like to be. Favorite to do is RUMMY Q, Card Game and BINGO and SHOPPING

What programs or activities does Veranda Club offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Programs that resident take part in are, Word Game, Arts & Crafts, Uno, Card Game, Blackjacks, Poker, Sing-A-Long, Lectures, Musical Entertainers, Movie night, Conversation, Shabbat Service , Worship Service , Trivia, on your own card games, and more

What places are near Veranda Club or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

There is a beautiful lake with scenic views and over 2 miles of walking trails on property. The local YMCA is 1/2 mile down the road connected by local sidewalks. There is a local dog park just across the street from the front entrance to the community. Catholic Church , CVS Winn Dixie and Publix...

What transportation services does Veranda Club offer to assisted living residents?

The Veranda Club has both a private car and 18 person bus that will provide transportation for shopping and appointments in and around Boca Raton, Delray Beach and Deerfield Beach.

What makes the chef or dining program at Veranda Club exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Every evening for dinner we feature two new distinct entrees accompanies by residents choices of soups, salads, sides and desserts. In addition to the featured entrees for the evening, there is an additional menu of several of our residents favorite items always available.

What safety features or security measures does Veranda Club offer to assisted living residents?

All assisted living residents are provided with a personal pendant that can be reached anywhere within the veranda club

How does Veranda Club keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Our nurses, activities and dining service director will reach out to family when they see a need or even to share a picture or two to them they know how their loved ones are doing. You can subscribe to our monthly newsletter as well.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Veranda Club during daytime and nighttime hours?

Day time four nurses two med tech and six CNA's and other staff members as well. In the night we have two nurses four med tech 6 CNA's. Overnight we offer 4 CNA's

If Veranda Club accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We are conveniently located right across the street from a park call Bonita Spring Park we also have a lake that is directly behind the veranda club that is 2 miles long.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Staff are provided training from Relias, and many private professional agency

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Veranda Club. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Many of Independent resident still drive their own cars, still traveling, Average age is 80 Favorite thing to do is Blackjack, Shopping, Canasta Marhjong and bridge

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Nearby places Town Center Mall, Publix, Winn Dixie, CVS, Nails Shops, Restaurants and Delis

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Veranda Club has organized?

Boat Cruises, Lunch at Grand Lux, Nail Spa, Shop at Marshall Isles/Seminole Casino, Walmart, Khol Banks & Post Office

What transportation services does Veranda Club offer to independent living residents?

We have a private car and 18 passenger bus with wheelchair lift as well.

What makes the chef or dining program at Veranda Club exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

Friendly staff, a large variety of alternate lunch & dinner menu.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Common areas we offer the Pool House, Card Room, Library and Cafe lounge area.

What safety features or security measures does Veranda Club offer to independent living residents?

24 hours front desk, emergency pull cord in the bathroom. and for a dollar a day you can purchase Pendant t that can be reach anywhere in the veranda club

If Veranda Club accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

The Veranda Club is a pet friendly community and will accept cats and dogs up to 25 lbs.

Does Veranda Club work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Residents are welcome to bring in Medicare Home Health Services or Private Duty Aids to meet any if the residents needs. For our residents convenience we also have a Medicare Home Health Service, Private Duty Aid Service and a Physical Therapy company on hand to meet our residents needs

What safety features or security measures does Veranda Club provide to protect residents who wander?

We take picture of all of new resident make sure it at the front desk, staff will redirect as needed.

Photos of Veranda Club

Services and Amenities of Veranda Club

• Pool

• Pets: Yes

• State Licenses: 11989

About Veranda Club

Gain a new perspective at Veranda Club, located in sunny Boca Raton, Florida. Our community offers Independent Living and Assisted Living services in a warm environment that encourages social activities, wellness and comfort. Residents enjoy weekly happy hours, visiting lecturers and Shabbat services. Residents can easily soak up Florida’s greatest resource from the privacy of their apartments thanks to screened verandas extending from each residence. Apartment homes also feature walk-in closets, convenient safety amenities and handy washers and dryers. For even more relaxation, residents can soak in our year-round heated outdoor pool, soothe their tired muscles at the spa or take a walk around our nearly 2 miles of walking paths that wind around a scenic lake. We offer a relaxed atmosphere of warmth and caring that promotes companionship among residents and staff. Residents can also enjoy shows at the onsite multi-purpose theater or join a game of shuffleboard. Our possibilities for leisure are balanced by exceptional dining services and a convenient location near regional medical facilities as well as proximity to Interstate 95 and the Sawgrass Expressway. Discover local attractions, onsite fun and a cozy place to live at Veranda Club.

Map of Veranda Club