Ludlowe Center for Health and Rehabilitation

Reviews of Ludlowe Center for Health and Rehabilitation

Nursing Home Reviews for Ludlowe Center for Health and Rehabilitation

March 01, 2017

By Fonsi & lin

Very caring, warm, attentive & efficient staff of nurses, aids & administrators.. Lots of 1st rate entertainment for patients well organized by their social director Tina (sometimes enhanced by their truly yummy frosted cupcakes). However, the meals leave a lot to be desired according to most residents we've talked to. Often inedible, cold "hot" meals, undercooked beans & soups & entrees described as long deceased combined with a lack of choice makes the meals the only drawback to this lovely facility. They need cooks that know how to cook, nutritionists/meal planners that know how to make meals something to look forward to and a way to get "hot" meals to all the floors. Hospitals serve delicious meals with choices. Why can't Ludlow? We're convinced that even without extra costs enjoyable food can be served every day. Would you want your parents or grandparents to eat what the residents eat? Would you eat it? No wonder staff bring in their own food. Ludlow is a good place. We know you can make it great.

We are thrilled to hear about our caring and attentive staff – especially singling out Tina from the Recreation Department in our “lovely facility.” However, we were surprised to hear that our dining services department did not meet your expectations. We will discuss your concerns immediately with our team and work to improve the meal presentation, quality, temperature and choice for you and all of our residents. If you wouldn’t mind, we would like the opportunity to speak with you further so we may find out more about where we need to improve. Please contact us directly at your earliest convenience. We hope to make the necessary improvements to make your next review a 5 Star one!

January 06, 2012

By babisson

My mother has been living the for three and a half years. I visit her every day. Generally, she recieves good service there. For example, sometimes she is eating when I arrive and she likes the food a great deal. There is a variety of foods available and they tailor the meal to the needs of each patient. The nurses do a good job of assisting those who need help with feeding themselves. The staff has been generally curteous and friendly to me during my visits. I've seen my mother recieve physical therapy here and I was happy to see that they were helping my mother regain some leg strength after a recent hospital stay.If I had to say anything negative abhout the location, it would be that I have observed nurses on occasion not being very responsive to toileting needs and they sometimes take a while to respond to call lights. Recently, they have also been renovating the parking making it difficult for me to visit.

Photos of Ludlowe Center for Health and Rehabilitation

Services and Amenities of Ludlowe Center for Health and Rehabilitation

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Ludlowe Center for Health and Rehabilitation

ludlowecenterhealth.com

The Ludlowe Center for Health and Rehabilitation is located at the edge of the seaside New England town of Fairfield in Connecticut. This nursing home is conveniently nearby two hospitals: The Yale New Haven Health Park Avenue Medical Center is less than half a mile away and St. Vincent’s Medical Center is a mere 10-minute drive away.

As an affiliate of the National Health Care Associates, the Ludlowe Center for Health and Rehabilitation provides residents with its tailored Passport Rehabilitation Program, which aims to help seniors achieve specific health goals. The centers offer a range of services, including long-term skilled nursing, rehabilitation, memory care and respite. On-site health care staff provide occupational, physical and speech therapy along with medical programs such as pulmonary rehabilitation.

Both long- and short-term residents enjoy a comprehensive range of amenities. Private rooms feature electric beds, entertainment options and housekeeping. Seniors enjoy three nutritious meals per day and have access to a library, an on-site salon and a landscaped garden. Additionally, this facility organizes regular activities such as pet therapy and art classes.

Ludlowe Center for Health and Rehabilitation is an award winning facility. We have in recent years won U.S. News and World Report Best Nursing Home, Vohra Center of Excellence for our Wound Care Program and is highly regarded in the community for our customer service. We have a secured memory care unit with specialized programming for patients living with dementia. We have various specialist physicians and APRNs who round at our facility for short-term rehab patients and short-term rehab patients enjoy a large fully equipped gym with therapists on staff 7 days a week.

Map of Ludlowe Center for Health and Rehabilitation