Sunnycrest Senior Living

Reviews of Sunnycrest Senior Living

Assisted Living Reviews for Sunnycrest Senior Living

September 08, 2020

By Nathan Fischer

If I could give Sunnycrest a zero star rating I would. My Grandmother was here for quite some time and some woman ran her over purposely with her motorized scooter. Sunnycrest’s employees stated that the woman had 3 notices to slow down because she hit other people. COMPLETE NEGLIGENCE. My grandmother broke her spine and has since been bedridden. She was a lively person going to the events and this situation has changed her way of life dramatically. To top it off the moment she was bedridden she started complaining about the workers treating her badly, not changing her diapers often and some even handling her roughly. Once we heard that we immediately moved her and sought out legal counsel to be able to at least give her the best care possible by trying to get Sunnycrest to settle out due to negligence. And what does Sunnycrest do? They ignore all contact and don’t respond to one letter, phone call or letter. All she wanted was to be made whole since they treated her terribly and was the reason she was in this mess. She can’t walk, she is in a diaper and living the rest of her golden years bed ridden. Before this she did not take any medication and even was dancing. I would never, ever recommend Sunnycrest to anyone looking for an assisted living center. If you love your parents, grandparents or whoever is wanting to check this place out look elsewhere.

February 10, 2020

By Lori

We like Sunnycrest Senior Living. It was very nice. They provide laundry and three meals a day. The staff was very nice.

January 24, 2020

By JGL90

Moved two family members here within the last year. There are some great individuals that work here, but the overall system is dysfunctional. Knowing what I know now, I would not have placed my loved ones here. We trusted the care team to provide medication. After a physician asked to see the log of medications - related to an emergency surgery - I discovered that medication was regularly not administered and that their logs were incomplete. They administered medication that was not logged. This is based on hours of research, including copies of their logs. The ceiling recently caved in due to water damage. The lobby feels like a hazmat area with plastic sheeting creating tunnels for movement between the front door and the living areas. The service in the dining hall isn't great. I've witnessed bitter waitresses complain about their work. One stated: "I can't believe I have to deal with this crap for $12 an hour." It's pretty clear that the staff is overwhelmed. They are working in a tough environment with a lot of demands on their time. This means that getting meaningful, timely assistance is difficult. We have paid thousands of dollars for 3rd party care-giving because we do not trust the reliability of the in-house team. I hope this all changes for the better soon, but there have been at least two different Directors, the sales person that we worked with has quit and many of the caregivers state they are in the process of quitting.

November 28, 2018

By leary1

Poor follow up in making sure the residents are receiving proper hygiene. My Mother is making bad hygiene decisions on her own and the Management of Sunnycrest seems to have no follow up to make sure their residents are receiving the care and services they pay for. That management team become defensive and belligerent when asked to improve their serviced.

July 23, 2018

By Ester

Sunnycrest Senior Living was extremely clean and friendly. I really liked their activities, which had a lot of variety. It was in a good location on a side street but still relatively close to stores. The layout was huge and kind of winding. I could see someone getting lost in that building since it was very big.

December 27, 2017

By Barbara

Sunnycrest Senior Living was bright and cheery; that was my first impression when I walked in the door. The place was very clean. As a matter of fact, a lot of the facilities have just been upgraded with new paint and carpeting. The rooms were a good size. I have no complaints about that. I stayed there for lunch. The food was excellent. They're very open on their menu. It appeared that I was the only person who was gluten free, so they went out and bought gluten-free bread for me. I like Sunnycrest very much. The staff member who assisted me was marvelous. She did a thorough tour and showed me everything. One of the things that really impressed me was that people actually stopped to say hello and asked me if I was coming to tour the community. They also allowed me to ask them questions. It was a wonderful experience.

May 25, 2017

By kevin-c--2

My mother moved into Sunnycrest in the middle of March. So far, it had been ideal; new management went in and did a lot of upgrading and redecorating before we found the place. It's very nice, they have a great dining room, and all the residents go down there to eat. The food was good, and the portions were smaller, but they're intended for seniors. The room is hotel-like, small, and with a bathroom. It couldn’t be better. However, we are concerned that they may increase the price due to the upgrade, and it could be a problem for us in the future.

March 08, 2017

By Joe M.

I didn’t like Sunnycrest’s location because it was surrounded by buildings. The people were fine, very pleasant, and showed me everything. It was a nice place. The rooms were pleasant and OK. The activities looked pretty good. They are under renovation. We had dinner, which was served in the game room.

January 02, 2017

By Susan000541

Sunnycrest was very clean and didn't have a hospital odor or anything like that. I just looked at the dining area and the general area where the people go and play their games. The people that I talked to were very friendly and explained to me that they were not the type of location that would have nursing care for my mother-in-law. The dining area was clean, airy, and bright.

November 14, 2016

By Stephanie552458

The facilities at Sunnycrest are very nice in the lobby, but the rooms are fair at best. They haven't been upgraded and are kind of dingy. They're not bright and kind of dark. The dining area was nice, and the lobby has just been redone and very bright. The grounds are OK, but there isn't really parking. If you're going to visit someone, there are only 2 curb spots to park, and that's it. I saw a few people exercising; they seemed to be having fun, and there was one person in the lobby with her dog.

September 29, 2015

By John113872050

I thought the staff at Suncrest is very outgoing, friendly, and welcoming. The rooms are larger than we had generally seen, but they were a little bit older and need some upgrades. We were happy we got a larger room. They just need to improve the appearance of the residential corridors, they’re old and outdated. The front areas and the common areas are lovely and gorgeous, but the hallways leading to the residents rooms are really dated and need an update, which they said they are planning to do. My initial experience is really positive.

July 29, 2015

By Bob109278750

Sunnycrest is doing a good job. The service is excellent.

June 29, 2015

I like that Sunnycrest Senior Living is open and airy. There is a lot of light, and the people are friendly. They have a lot of interactive activities for the seniors. It is a very clean facility. He lives with his sister, and they have a very spacious room. It is very unique. The colors that they use are not depressing. They have a lot of windows. There is music playing when you walk in, and the seniors are interacting with each other.

September 29, 2014

Dad has been in Sunnycrest since July 25th. Everything is good as well as with the staff. It is comfortable. However, we choose it because of the residents. They talk to me. They are just happy and you can see that in the place. He has a private room, which is very large. It has two sides to it with a living area, a bedroom area, bathroom, a little refrigerator and it has a walk-in closet. It is very nice. He goes to exercise classes, educational classes, and weekly outings. The food there is great.

June 08, 2011

By commercesd

Visited this facility

The Sunnycrest assisted living facility in Fullerton, CA is close to nearby shopping districts and medical facilities that our aunt was very familiar with. She had donated quite a bit to nearby St. Jude's hospital, so this will make it easy for her to visit her many friends there. The staff seemed very warm and caring. They offer many community related events and host many parties for residents, staff and family. The atmosphere is engaging and inclusive, each area carefully designed to make everyone comfortable. We visited on a day when there was a party (we understand this is par for the course here) "“ and the barbeque was really fun. The food was exceptionally good, healthy and tasteful. The snacks were plentiful and are offered at various times whether they were asked for or not. This is great for any people who have memory issues, such as our grandmother. She sometimes is so preoccupied that she could forget to eat. But that won't happen at this facility, because the residents are so well attended!

Independent Living Reviews for Sunnycrest Senior Living

July 04, 2018

By Stephen

My favorite place was Sunnycrest Senior Living. They have their dining room open from 7:00 to 7:00, so you can come down anytime you want for food. It was clean, modern, and in a great area that's surrounded by stores. It's in an upscale area in Fullerton, and it's right across from a very large hospital. The marketing person was really outstanding in trying to assist to us in any way possible. The rooms were modern and upgraded. Everything was very clean. The price was a little higher than what we were looking for, but it might be workable. The parking was great and the staff was very helpful and friendly. The appearance was warm and friendly. It was a good place and I was impressed.

February 19, 2018

By Nona

We visited Sunnycrest but we weren't really impressed with it. It's a new senior place, but we didn't see a lot of activities there. What's nice about it though is that their senior living and assisted living communities are in one, so people who are verging on needing assistance won't have to move. The apartments were very nice, but a little bit more expensive than other locations we've looked at, and there's no little patio yard. We also saw the dining area, although we weren't invited to eat there. The staff is also very good.

Hello Nona, thank you for taking the time to provide valuable feedback on your visit to Sunnycrest Senior Living! Please accept my invitation to share in our amazing dining experience, you’re in for a treat! Sunnycrest has active and vibrant residents, where our programming is designed around their active lifestyle. We’d be please to introduce you to our Vibrant Life Director to learn more about our activity programming. There are 7-key core components to help foster the overall well-being of our residents. Every week, we have a variety of activities to coincide with each of these core components. Please contact the community to arrange your visit! We look forward to meeting you soon!

January 14, 2017

By Patricia332662

The staff at Sunnycrest Senior Living seemed nice and helpful. The place looked very clean, and some parts looked brand new. There was a part that looked a bit rundown, but I think they are going to remodel it. Overall, it looked good. I saw the studio, and it was an OK size. You could put in a bed, some furniture, and a couch.

Thank you for your comments regarding Sunnycrest Senior Living. We are happy to say that Sunnycrest is now undergoing a major remodel from top to bottom, inside and out to make an already clean, happy, caring community even better than before. Our studio & one bedroom apartments all vary in size and are designed to fit your individual needs for comfort and space. Our staff is ready to assist you in any way they can and please don’t forget to return to Sunnycrest to try our magnificent food and impeccable service!

Questions about Sunnycrest Senior Living

What programs or activities does Sunnycrest Senior Living offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We offer daily exercise classes, in House Chair Yoga, 2 x weekly Age fit classes with an instructor, Art Therapy, Spiritual Services, Meditation, and Relaxation, Volunteering Opportunities for the Community, Variety Entertainment, Seasonal Activities and Celebration, Monthly Family events

What places are near Sunnycrest Senior Living or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Coffee shops, Restaurants , Hospitals, Dr.s Offices, Hiking Trails , Shopping and Entertainment

What transportation services does Sunnycrest Senior Living offer to assisted living residents?

We have a Community Bus that offers scheduled transportation up to 10 Miles from the community

What safety features or security measures does Sunnycrest Senior Living offer to assisted living residents?

Personal Pendants, Pull Cords both in Restroom and Rooms, Secure Perimeter Doors,

How does Sunnycrest Senior Living keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Sagely App, Monthly Mail in, VoiceFriend, Facebook, One Day App

If Sunnycrest Senior Living accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We except Dogs and Cats except for Aggressive Breeds. Fleas Treatment, 500.00 Deposit, and Proof of updated Vaccinations are scheduled. We have walking trails and beautifully landscaped courtyards.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Monthly Relias Courses, CPR Training, First Aide, Continuous Education and Resident Care and Safety

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Sunnycrest Senior Living has organized?

Casino Outings, Museums, Beach Outing, Lunch at the Pier, Picnics at the Park and Beach, Movies, Malls, Shopping, weekly Lunch Outings, Seasonal Outing

What transportation services does Sunnycrest Senior Living offer to independent living residents?

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

We have a newly remodeled Courtyard also newly remodeled from the lobby with a sitting area and a beautiful fireplace with big spacious windows and lots of light.

What safety features or security measures does Sunnycrest Senior Living offer to independent living residents?

Does Sunnycrest Senior Living work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Yes if needed

What safety features or security measures does Sunnycrest Senior Living provide to protect residents who wander?

Costs for Sunnycrest Senior Living

Photos of Sunnycrest Senior Living

Services and Amenities of Sunnycrest Senior Living

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

• Pets: Yes

• Licenses: RCFE

About Sunnycrest Senior Living

Life at Sunnycrest Senior Living starts with a vibrant, welcoming and warm environment that is coupled with exceptional, personalized and supportive care. Our community is conveniently located right by St. Jude Medical Center and is close to many stores, restaurants and dr. offices. At Sunnycrest, we strive to make our residents feel at home while engaging them in activities and outings with care services available if needed.

Spacious apartments with walk in closets, views of local horse trail. Kitchenettes in apartments, Putting green and Bocce ball court, Movie Theatre, Bistro, Pet Friendly, Vibrant Life Program and more!

Map of Sunnycrest Senior Living