Pacifica Senior Living Escondido

1351 East Washington Ave, Escondido, CA 92027
Pacifica Senior Living Escondido (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 6 days

July move-in incentives on select apartments; ask for details when you tour!

Reviews of Pacifica Senior Living Escondido

Assisted Living Reviews for Pacifica Senior Living Escondido

December 19, 2020

By Penny

Pacifica Legacy has been so kind to my mom. She enjoy the kind caregivers and our family appreciate the knowledge knowing she is never alone and that she has friends and activities to do. We thank the Lord for Pacifica Escondido.

Hello, thank you for your positive review, we are grateful to see that you feel this way! We strive to provide excellent care and service to our residents and their families at Pacifica Senior Living Escondido. Thank you again, we hope you have a wonderful day!

December 14, 2020

By Jane

This community is clean, beautiful and the staff is warm, loving, caring and always available to answer questions. They treat my mom as if they are family. We wouldn't have her anywhere else.

Thank you for taking the time to share your review, your opinion is very important to us. Did you know we have a Facebook page with pictures of our residents and their interesting activities? (The link to the Facebook page is on our website). Please feel free to contact with any and all questions. We hope you have a wonderful day and we hope to see you at one of our upcoming activities!

December 11, 2020

By Teresa & Dee

Many thanks for the personalized early Thanksgiving meal we got to share together. Everything was so special, especially seeing my Mom in person.

December 10, 2020

By Andrea

Very nice facility. We loved being able to visit for Thanksgiving. It was great to spend time together. I hope we can do it again.

December 10, 2020

By Lois

This was a very wonderful idea to bring our family together. The food and service was very good! Eric and Tin did an A-1 job. Thanks for giving us this opportunity!

Thank you for your positive review, we appreciate your feedback! We always strive to provide top quality service and care to every resident and their families. We are so are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience here at Pacifica Senior Living Escondido. Thank you again, we hope that you have a wonderful day.

December 08, 2020

By Nancy

This Thanksgiving dinner has been outstanding. It has been wonderful to have such a lovely dinner with my mom in spite of Covid. We haven't seen her in a long time and this meant the world to us. Thank you for making this dinner happen. We loved having a private room and dinner was stellar. Your chef is the best!

Nancy, thank you for leaving this detailed review about your experience with our community. We appreciate it and look forward to seeing you again.

December 08, 2020

By Laurie

The staff went to a great deal of trouble so we could have some semblance of a family Thanksgiving during the pandemic. We very much enjoyed the meal and just being able to sit at the table with our brother and toast the holidays.

October 08, 2020

By Dora Wood

My 72-year-old mother has resided at Pacifica Senior Living in Escondido for more than five years and I must say that choosing this facility was the best & hardest decision my sister and I have ever made. At first, mom was reluctant to give up her apartment and live among strangers. She thought she was letting go of her freedom but this was far from the truth. We simply needed for someone to monitor her daily medications, prepare healthy meals and do light housecleaning. Mom could no longer do these simple tasks on her own and we were not able to provide the proper supervision. Walking into Pacifica is like walking into a warm-home like environment with many common areas that foster friendship and socialization. There are big comfy chairs, large TVs, a popcorn machine, a hair salon, a chapel, a lil store for necessities, a game room, planting boxes, and lots of outdoor seating with views of the manicured roses. The roses are my favorite. The front desk manager has answered the phone for years and seems to know the coming and going of every resident. No matter when I call, she tells me immediately how my mom is doing and where she is whether it is the dining room, vising with friends or taking a nap. When walking the hallway with my mom, the residents all seem to know her name. My mom feels popular. Residents share tips on the newest walkers & wheelchairs, who the new guy is, and pet the heads of the little dogs following behind. The cleaning staff is wonderful. They seem to have built a special bond with my mom and know exactly how she likes to keep her things. They close the door quickly so my mom's cat doesn't get out. On occasion, mom has asked to call me back because she has a friend over (the cleaning staff). The same is said for the nurses at Pacifica. Medications are provided several times per day by medical professionals. When we take mom away for the weekend, the nurse will pack a bag of her daily pills and instructions on time to take and if food is required. Speaking of food, the meals at Pacifica are terrific, nutritious and plentiful. When grandkids are visiting, the kitchen has made quesadillas, peanut butter & jelly sandwiches, chicken noodle soup, or a second helping of dessert on request. We all leave the table full, including those picky teenagers. Guests are always welcome and the grandkids love to visit. They say the place smells normal, not like old people, and there's always lots of food and lots of stuff to do. The calendar is posted with the daily activities including field trips, bingo, movie night, etc. The kids like the WII bowling. Due to the great leadership of Pacifica management, my mom has felt safe and independent. With the managers focus on love and hospitality, my sister and I feel a big sense of relief knowing mom is happy. We recently asked mom if she would like to come live with us and she said, "No thanks honey, I would miss my friends too much." Thank you to Pacifica and staff, for creating a home environment and loving the residents like family!

Dora Wood, thank you for leaving this detailed review about your experience with our community. We appreciate it and look forward to seeing you again. Hello, thank you for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your experience here; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put resident experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thank you again for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you again.

October 07, 2020

By RosellaNeice

Rooms are small but comfortable. Interactions with staff are always positive and appreciated. Staff is great about checking on residents often, and always notify me if something comes up as far as my aunt's health. I am grateful my aunt is in a safe place and I can't wait until we can visit again inside!

Rosellaneice, thank you for your kind review; we are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at Pacifica Senior Living Escondido!

October 06, 2020

By jlough

I really appreciate all the caregivers for everything they do. The meals are great and have really good entertainment for happy hour on Fridays.

Hi Jlough, we are very happy to have provided you with such a positive experience!

October 06, 2020

By R.Smith

The staff and caregivers have been very attentive, especially during the lockdown. They make sure mom gets her doctors appointments via tele-visit done and they report the outcome to me in a timely fashion.

R.smith, thank you for your kind review; we are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at Pacifica Senior Living Escondido!

By lneil

A wonderful community for our mother. The staff are patient, understanding and very helpful. The facility is clean and well appointed. It’s truly a great place!

Hello, thank you for your positive review, we will be sure to share with our teams! We are very proud of our community and support staff! Please feel free to reach out at any time to us at any time with any and all questions and concerns!

By Cami.Martinez

I visited an old friend that lives in the community and I was very impressed with the staff and how they are making sure they are following all covid 19 protocols. It made me feel safe and secure especially knowing that my friend is being protected. She was very happy and enjoys her meals, telling me that she eats well and really enjoys ice cream sundaes for dessert. She also told me she enjoys playing bingo and poker and the chair chi exercises. I’m glad that she has friends and she is still active. I would totally look into this place when I get a little bit older.

Cami.martinez, thank you for your kind review; we are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at Pacifica Senior Living Escondido!

By Marcia

I have only been here in Pacifica Senior Living for about three weeks now, but my experience is very good. The staff is wonderful. They're very caring, they're good listeners, they're always available, they're helpful, they're kind, and they don't get impatient; they have a very nice staff. I don't participate much in the activities. I've lived in senior living for about 18 months. I watch TV, I play a lot of bridge on the computer, I do other things on the computer, and I try to play card games. I think COVID has shut things down a little, so I really can't speak well for it. I go up to card games, and they have movies, and I'm sure they have bingo somewhere. I don't hear anybody complaining about not enough activities; I really can't speak to that. The food here is OK. I think the living atmosphere is as good as it can be, considering the shutdown from the COVID. We can't join friends at the dinner table, breakfast, lunch or dinner. We have a little room that has a TV in it, and four small tables. Actually, they're distanced six feet in every direction. I guess the girls used to go in and sit separately, drink coffee and watch the TV that was in there, but they don't let them do that anymore, and they don't understand why. Because they feed them at lunch and dinner, that room is open for all three meals, but they won't let them go in and have coffee or stay after a meal to have coffee, to talk and watch the TV. So far, to socialize because of the distancing, that seems like one avenue that they could continue, and yet they opt not to. Like at card playing, you can't distance 6 feet at a card table, I mean, it is really limiting. The girls don't understand. It apparently wasn't explained really well why that room can't remain open. Upkeep is excellent. The girls come in and they do a thorough job when they clean and vacuum. They take your garbage out if you haven't gotten it out, which I can do. I have no complaints. I would say that's adequate. I don't know what they could do to make it any better living for me. Well, they come in and talk to you, and ask you like "Do you need help with your medication? Do you need help with walking? Or do you have any equipment to help you walk like a walker, wheelchair, cane or anything?" And I don't. I mean, I could live here, I could live at home, I could live at a motel. They provide meals, and they clean my room. I even do my own laundry; I don't need anything. The staff work hard. It's a tough job. Facilities are excellent; they keep it clean. The air-conditioning or heat is wonderful. The windows are clean. The carpeting is clean, and they clean it frequently. Well, I've been in two places, so I haven't an inkling of what the pricing is and the value for the prices. This is a tiny bit more expensive than the place I was in before, and I think I have the value for it being a little more expensive. I lived in two facilities, and when you walk into this one and you're here a little while, just the atmosphere and it's friendlier than the first place I lived. People greet you right away. The staff is on top of you the first week. They're asking you constantly, "Are you OK? Do you need anything? How are you getting along? Is there anything we can do?" and I didn't have that one when I moved into the other place at all. New residents should be happy here. In fact, when I'm here a little longer, I want to become a greeter for this place because I think that much of it. In other words, when somebody comes in, I would take someone to my wing for the first few days and show them around. I've been thinking seriously about setting myself to do that because I really am very fond of this place. I love it here.

March 17, 2020

By Judi

We didn't choose Pacifica Senior Living Escondido because even though they have senior care and memory care, my in-laws couldn't be together in the same room and they want to be together. The place itself was great and it looked great. It was clean, the people were friendly and it was everything I wanted for my father-in-law. Plus the staff who accommodated us was very good, we had a pleasant tour experience there. I like their dining room, the activity room, we got to walk the halls and see the rooms. The rooms were quite big with a bathroom in it. The place itself was clean and did not smell. I like that they have movie nights, they have poker and other games they could play, and bingo. They encourage the family to come out and play and eat a meal with their loved ones there.

Judi, thank you for leaving this detailed review about your experience with our community. We appreciate it and we hope you have a wonderful day!

August 02, 2019

By Kim

My father-in-law is enjoying being at Pacifica Senior Living Escondido. He really likes the place. He likes that they clean his apartment, and he really enjoys the staff because they're really friendly and caring. He doesn't need the staff a lot, but he hasn't complained about anything yet. He thinks it's great. Their food is OK. He really likes it, but he was having Meals on Wheels at his other place, so he's comparing it with that. Regardless, the food is good, and he can have as much as he wants so he's gaining weight, which is a good thing. The place itself is very nice. He does some of the activities like bible studies, although he doesn't care for bingo too much so he doesn't participate in that kind of stuff. They also take the residents out, and I guess that's pretty good. In terms of the value for the money, they're on the cheaper side, so it's really good for the price. He's on a limited income, so this is really the only place he could afford, but he likes it because it's smaller and quainter than others.

Kim, we're happy you found our staff to be so supportive here at Pacifica Senior Living Escondido. Your recommendation means so much to us and we're so happy to have earned it. Thank you again for taking the time to let the world know about your positive experience. Have a great day!

March 15, 2019

By Reviewer#JO0319A

The people are happy and very accommodating. I enjoy Pacifica and would recommend it highly.

Hi, thank you so much for your positive comments about Pacifica Senior Living Escondido! Your recommendation means so much to us and we're so happy to have earned it. Thank you again for taking the time to let the world know about your positive experience. Have a great day!

March 07, 2019

By Cynthia D.

We have had great experiences with all the people involved with, showing us facility, rooms, signing up my dad for facility and letting us enjoy their lunch. With 1 to 10, I would rate them a 10!

We are so glad to hear this! We try to go above and beyond with every resident and their family. We are so pleased that you feel this way! We strive to provide excellent care and service to our residents and their families at Pacifica Senior Living Escondido. Thank you very much, we hope you have a wonderful day!

March 07, 2019

By Patricia

I have no problem with service; sometimes it takes a while to get some things to finish. They have a great crew that works well together with residents.

Thank you for your positive review. We strive to provide excellent care and service to our residents and their families at Pacifica Senior Living Escondido. Thank you very much, we hope you have a wonderful day!

February 12, 2019

By Lori

I went to Pacifica Senior Living Escondido. They had different levels of care there, but it wasn't what we were looking for. The staff was nice, and the room was basically like a hotel room. It wasn't homey. They had a movie room and a place where people would get together to play cards.

Hi Lori, thank you for your consideration of our community, we thank you for your review. We have done a comprehensive senior living study and found that our rates are right in line with the competitors. In fact, we found that we are a better value with more programs and options. We value our residents and families and appreciating you sharing your comments. We hope that you find the community that best fits your needs and that you are happy in the community you choose.

January 05, 2018

By Mary

I visited Pacifica. It was spotless, beautiful, and everyone there was absolutely wonderful to us. However, it was too expensive, and the rooms were too small.

Mary, thank you for leaving this detailed review about your experience with our community. We appreciate it and hope that you are very happy in the community you choose. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you; we are more than happy to help!

July 17, 2017

By Angela

I had a wonderful experience at Pacifica. It is a great place, and we enjoyed the people and the reasonable price. Everything was very good. They had almost everything that people want, like a library, but not the fancy things, like a pool.

Thank you Angela for your review, your opinion is very important to us. We are proud of our community and the exceptional level of care we provide. Did you know we have a Facebook page with pictures of our residents and their interesting activities? (The link to the Facebook page is on our website). Please feel free to contact with any and all questions.

March 28, 2016

By Marty15

Pacifica has two stories and is very nice and refurbished with new carpeting. The refrigerator is not quite where I would put it for an older person, but the grounds are very well kept. They do a lot of functions and keep my mother pretty happy with the piano and music activities. The medical assistance service that she utilizes is really good. They make sure that she gets her pills on time and the right ones, which was part of the problem we were having before she went into assisted living because she wouldn’t take her pills. They're very easy to work with when I have a problem either with paying the bill or getting her an appointment; they have a bus that takes her to appointments. The grounds have very nice scenery with a lot of trees and a lot of birds that live in the trees which keep my mother really happy, and a lot of grass. It’s just a really amiable place. They have a piano upstairs and cable TV downstairs, and do a lot of Bingo.

Hi Marty, Thank you for your positive review! We are so happy to hear all that you like about our community and that your mother is happy. We try very hard to make life as nice as possible for all our residents. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us at the community. We are here to help and make sure that our residents and families are happy! We also have a Facebook page that we update with activities and pertinent information on our community!

February 23, 2016

By Pam119026650

My mother-in-law is currently at Pacifica Senior Living, and I love it. The place and staff are amazing. She has very seamlessly transitioned to this facility from her private home, which was wonderful.

Thank you Pam for sharing your positive experience, your opinion is very important to us. We are very happy to hear that this was successful transition. Did you know we have a Facebook page with pictures of our residents and their interesting activities? It is a fun way to see what your mother in law is up to during the week here. (The link to the Facebook page is on our website). Please feel free to contact with any and all questions, (760) 566-7432. Best,

Pacifica Senior Living Escondido Team

August 30, 2014

Pacifica Senior Living Escondido is an excellent facility. They are pet-friendly. They are very flexible on allowing a temporary respite trial for a few weeks, just to make sure he was comfortable before we put him in the facility. They were getting to know what the needs of my brother-in-law were. They are very, very in a personal level in their accommodation for him. He doesn’t have complaints with regards to their food.

Hi, your wonderful feedback and rating mean a lot to us and we're so happy to have earned it. Thank you for taking the time to let the world know about your positive experience. Have a great day!

Memory Care Reviews for Pacifica Senior Living Escondido

June 26, 2019

By Reviewer612019

I chose Pacifica Senior Living Escondido for my sister because when we did the interview, they seemed to be a good fit. They had the location that we were looking for, and they had a room in the right location that's easy for her to access everything. The staff was very caring, but they had trouble following the dietary orders. She was on a special diet, and they said they could provide it but they could not. We talked about it a couple of times, but I don't think it has been fully resolved. For following the diet, I would rate them a 2. But for presentation and everything, they're fine I ate there and it was good. My sister is in the memory care level, there wasn't much variety in the activities there as I expected.

Thank you very much for sharing your personal experience. We appreciate it and will share with the team. We are sorry to hear that we did not provide 100% satisfaction and would like the opportunity to make it up to you. If you are so inclined, we would like to speak with you at your convenience. We hope to speak with you soon.

June 18, 2018

By Marilyne

My husband is a resident of Pacifica Senior Living Escondido. We chose this place because it's related to Meridian and is run by the same people. The rooms are nice, and they have very friendly staff. They have activities in the memory care unit, like going on outings on Tuesdays and Thursdays to get them away from the place for an hour or so. The food is like what you'd have at home. They also have a nice green belt so the memory folks can go outside and not have to stay indoors all the time. We also bring our two small dogs so they could run around on the green belt and the residents played with them. In Pacifica you would get the most for your money. The memory care areas in other places are industrial and not as nice as their assisted living areas, but it's not that way in this community.

Thank you for taking the time to share your review, your opinion is very important to us. We are very proud of our community and support staff. Did you know we have a Facebook page with pictures of our residents and their interesting activities? (The link to the Facebook page is on our website). We look forward to your next visit!
See all Memory Care reviews (6) See fewer reviews

Questions about Pacifica Senior Living Escondido

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Dementia care training starts at orientation and continues throughout the staffs’ tenure. Onboarding includes 26 hours of Dementia and Assisted Living care training with 3 – 5 days of hands-on training. Ongoing training is comprised of computer-based learning (8 additional hours per year); hands-on live classroom training (4 hours per year); and monthly in-service events led by the registered nurse, executive director, or a third party vendor.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Pacifica Senior Living Escondido. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The majority of our residents are in their mid to late 80's. They really enjoy our happy hours every Friday as well as bingo. We also have a gardening club that grow fresh vegetables and beautiful flowers.

What programs or activities does Pacifica Senior Living Escondido offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We offer a variety of activities every day, from exercise programs in-house to lunch outings at nearby parks and restaurants.

What places are near Pacifica Senior Living Escondido or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

There are plenty of stores nearby. The Dollar Tree and the 99 cent are a big hit in our area and are only a few blocks from our building. There are also local grocery stores and department stores nearby (Walmart, Albertsons, etc.)

What transportation services does Pacifica Senior Living Escondido offer to assisted living residents?

Our bus runs 5 days a week. Our residents use our bus for local outings, doctor's appointments, errand running and so much more.

What makes the chef or dining program at Pacifica Senior Living Escondido exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Our chef likes to keep things exciting. We serve anything from the traditional American homemade meals to the trending cultural cuisine. Our chef also loves to hear from our residents. We host a monthly Chef Talk where residents come together to share what they would like to see on the menu.

What safety features or security measures does Pacifica Senior Living Escondido offer to assisted living residents?

All of our apartments are equipped with grab bars and easy accessible step in showers. The hallways are lined with tasteful hand railings to keep steady as you explore the community. Every one of our residents is provided with a call button to page a caregiver for assistance.

How does Pacifica Senior Living Escondido keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Our staff communicates directly with families in regards to their loved ones' well-being. We typically make a phone call or send an email, whatever method is preferred.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Pacifica Senior Living Escondido during daytime and nighttime hours?

In assisted living you'll see 2-3 caregivers roaming the halls day and night. You'll also find medication technicians either in the med room or roaming the halls to distribute medications to our residents.

If Pacifica Senior Living Escondido accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Our building sits on 4 acres and the surrounding areas are very park-like. Most residents on the first floor are able to exit their apartment through their patio door to enjoy huge trees and lots of grass. Perfect setting for dog owners.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Along with the monthly computer training that the staff receives we also have constant training on how we can better serve our residents.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

During the day, our staff includes a registered nurse, a med tech, three caregivers, an activities director, and other ancillary staff, such as kitchen, maintenance, and administration personnel. Our overnight staff is comprised of a med tech, two caregivers, and a registered nurse on-call.

What safety features or security measures does Pacifica Senior Living Escondido provide to protect residents who wander?

Residents who wander are typically best cared for in our Legacies (Memory Care) neighborhood. Legacies is a 24/7 secured environment. We also offer wander guards for those who don't necessarily wander but are best kept within the familiar area of the community.

What programs or activities does Pacifica Senior Living Escondido offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Pacifica Senior Living offers a robust activities program staffed by an activities director and an activities assistant. Group activities including, but limited to, exercise, gardening, movies, baking, putting golf, and singing are scheduled seven days a week from 9:30am through 6:00pm. Additionally, individual one-on-one activities, such as manicures and jewelry making, are ongoing throughout the day. Long-term memories are engaged through activities specific for long-term stimulation and reminiscing with memory books. Other activities include, but are not limited to, live music, dance groups, birthday parties, dance parties, ice cream parties, and holiday parties.

Each resident is assessed by the registered nurse every 90 days. After the resident has had his/her assessment, a care conference is scheduled with the family/Power of Attorney and resident to meet with the executive director, registered nurse, and activities director.

What techniques does Pacifica Senior Living Escondido use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

As Pacifica Senior Living practices individual person-centered care, techniques vary per resident and are meant to be independent appropriate. Techniques may include reminders, cueing, mechanically enhanced foods, hand-under-hand assistance, or a total assist with feeding.

How does Pacifica Senior Living Escondido keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

The Care Conference, scheduled every 90 days, is the most formal communication with families regarding a loved one’s health. However, Pacifica Senior Living maintains an up-to-date Facebook and distributes a monthly newsletter with a wealth of information regarding the community and its residents.

Describe the neighborhood around Pacifica Senior Living Escondido. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Residential

• Pets: Yes

• Occupational Therapy

• Licenses: 374603451

About Pacifica Senior Living Escondido

We look forward to caring for you or a loved one. Rest assured that every amenity we offer was created to meet your unique needs, whether they exist now or develop over time. Your peace of mind is our most important priority, and we endeavor to provide all the comforts of home for you or your loved one. We look forward to becoming an extension of your family.

Map of Pacifica Senior Living Escondido