17 Assisted Living Facilities near Schofield, WI
There are 17 Assisted Living Facilities in the Schofield area, with 2 in Schofield and 15 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 31 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Schofield. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Schofield 3.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Weston with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Schofield, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Schofield, WI
15 Assisted Living Facilities near Schofield, WI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Schofield
Schofield is a small city in north-central Wisconsin with several parks, including Radtke Park, where visitors can enjoy a picnic or spend an afternoon fishing. The city is home to just over 2,000 people. The median age of Schofield's residents is 40.5, and about 15.5% of residents are 65 and over.
In the Schofield area, as in all of Wisconsin, assisted living facilities are classified as community-based residential facilities, residential care apartment complexes and adult family homes, depending on the type of setting provided to residents. All facilities are licensed by the Wisconsin Department of Health Services. To accommodate its aging population, Schofield has two assisted living facilities, and there are 15 more nearby.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Schofield
- Seniors who spend a lot of time outdoors, particularly those with existing lung diseases or cardiovascular disease, can breathe easy in Schofield. The American Lung Association gives Marathon County, where Schofield is located, an "A" for short-term particle pollution.
- Wisconsin does not impose state income tax on Social Security benefits or government pensions, meaning that seniors who rely solely on these forms of retirement income may have more money to put toward assisted living expenses in Schofield. All other forms of retirement income are fully taxed at the state level.
- The overall cost of living in Schofield is about 17% lower than the national average and 15% lower than the statewide average. The cost of housing is nearly half of the national average, which may result in lower assisted living expenses.
- Schofield's overall crime rate is considerably lower than the national average, and its violent crime rate is well below national, state and regional averages. On a 100-point scale, the violent crime rate is 10.9, versus the national average of 22.7, and the property crime rate is 28.9, compared to the national average of 35.4. This may provide peace of mind for seniors who are researching local assisted living options.
- The Schofield area has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Weston.
- Seniors who prefer cooler weather may enjoy Schofield's climate. Year-round temperatures in this city range between 4 degrees and 80 degrees, compared to the national average range of 22 to 86 degrees. The region gets about 56 inches of snow annually, which may make traveling a challenge for those who attend frequent medical appointments.
Note: Data on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Schofield
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Wisconsin
Assisted Living costs in Schofield start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Schofield and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Schofield
Assisted living services in Schofield may be covered by Wisconsin's Medicaid Elderly and Physically Disabled waiver program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Schofield
Schofield and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Schofield, please visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Schofield
Schofield-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Wisconsin are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Schofield, WI
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Schofield
Review of Pride TLC
My father was at Pride TLC for three years. It was a beautiful building, but the management was not running it correctly. The staff was not trained well. They're not trained to encourage to find di... Read more
Review of Pride TLC
Great place as long as you don't have any intention of ever calling your loved one....Two of our family members, one on land line using the same provider as the facility and one on cell out of stat... Read more
Review of Pride TLC
Stoney River is beautiful and it’s new. The people there were wonderful too. The rooms were private and decently sized. It’s very nicely decorated, and the people there seemed happy. The staff welc... Read more