10 Assisted Living Facilities near Osceola, WI
Also serving communities of Saint Croix Falls, Saint Croix Falls.
There are 10 Assisted Living Facilities in the Osceola area, with 2 in Osceola and 8 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Osceola is $3,999 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 3 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Osceola. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Osceola 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Forest Lake with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Osceola, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Osceola, WI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Osceola
The small town of Osceola is situated on the St. Croix National Scenic Riverway in Wisconsin and was originally settled in 1844. Today, residents can still see historic buildings in the downtown district that date back to the 1880s. There are roughly 2,600 people residing here, nearly 13% of whom are aged 65 and over.
Osceola seniors who need assistance with the activities of daily living may reside in one of the town's two assisted living facilities or in one of the six located outside of Osceola proper. These facilities are governed by the Wisconsin Department of Health Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Osceola
- Osceola is a culturally rich town with a variety of educational amenities. Local senior centers may take day trips to attractions like the St. Croix ArtBarn, which is a community arts center, or the Franconia Sculpture Park, a 43-acre outdoor sculpture park.
- Osceola seniors who receive Social Security retirement benefits or government pensions do not pay state income tax on these sources of retirement income, but private pensions and withdrawals from retirement accounts are fully taxed.
- The overall cost of living in Osceola is on par with the national average and about 2% higher than the state average. Housing, healthcare and groceries all cost about 4% more here than in the nation as a whole, which may be a consideration for seniors with fixed incomes.
- Osceola is a fairly safe town to live in, with property and violent crime rates that are below the national median. On a 100-point scale, violent crime ranks 19.3, about four points lower than the national average, and property crime ranks about 10 points below the national average at 25.0. Even so, seniors may want to seek out an assisted living facility with security features like surveillance cameras and high-security locks.
- With summer highs around 83 degrees, Osceola is among the hottest communities in Wisconsin. Winters are very cold with lows averaging 1 degree, and the town receives an average of 47 inches of snow annually. Seniors may want to find out whether the assisted living facility they're considering offers individual climate control.
- The Osceola area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Osceola Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Osceola
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Wisconsin
Assisted Living costs in Osceola start around $3,999 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Osceola and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Osceola
Low-income seniors in Osceola may have assisted living expenses covered through the Medicaid Elderly and Physically Disabled waiver program. Additionally, the optional state supplement may be used to cover room-and-board expenses.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Osceola
Osceola and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Osceola, please visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Osceola
Osceola-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Wisconsin are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Osceola, WI
Other Options in Osceola, WI
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Osceola
Review of Christian Community Home of Osceola
Everything that I have experienced at Christian Community Home of Osceola has been positive. It is a very comfortable and warm place. The staff is nice. They allow animals to come visit. People bri... Read more