3 Assisted Living Facilities in Clintonville, WI
Also serving communities of Shawano, Bonduel.
The average cost of assisted living in Clintonville is $3,562 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 3 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Clintonville. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Clintonville 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include De Pere with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Clintonville, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Clintonville
Clintonville, Wisconsin, is considered the "birthplace of four-wheel drive," and the city has a long tradition of manufacturing excellence. This doesn't mean the city is all work and no play, though. The area is also home to several parks, including Olen and Bucholtz Parks, and community amenities like the senior center, all of which residents of the three assisted living facilities in the city can enjoy.
Throughout the state of Wisconsin, Clintonville included, these assisted living facilities are classified into community-based residential facilities (CBRFs), adult family homes or residential care apartment complexes (RCACs). They are regulated by The Wisconsin Department of Health Services Bureau of Assisted Living.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Clintonville
- For seniors who enjoy watching the snow fall and getting to experience all of the seasons, Clintonville delivers an average of 43 inches of snow compared to the national average of 28. Winter temps can be frigid, dropping into the single digits, which can be a concern for cold-sensitive seniors or those with joint problems.
- Clintonville offers an overall low cost of living, coming in 17% less than the national average and 13% less than the state average. Most of this savings is in housing, which is 45% lower than the U.S. average, and healthcare costs run about 6% higher than the rest of the country, which could impact seniors' budgets.
- Clintonville has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Shawano.
- Residents of Clintonville can feel safe with the city's violent crime rate, which is less than half of the national average. Property crime rates do trend a higher, coming in 212% more than the U.S. average, which means potential assisted living facilities should have security measures in place to protect residents' belongings.
- Wisconsin can be favorable for seniors living on retirement incomes because it doesn't tax Social Security retirement or government pensions. IRAs and 401(k)s are still taxed at regular rates, however.
- Clintonville has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Jennie M. Meggers Senior Citizens Center, an organization that provides a multipurpose area for seniors to gather and enjoy others in the community. The senior center also runs a nutrition program, offers advocate services to those struggling to understand insurance and referrals to other senior community resources.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Clintonville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Wisconsin
Assisted Living costs in Clintonville start around $3,562 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Clintonville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Clintonville
Residents of Clintonville who need some financial help when it comes to paying for assisted living may be able to qualify for the state's Family Care program, which provides limited help with residential services, or the Wisconsin Supplemental Security Income (SSI) Exceptional Expense Supplement, which provides a monthly stipend to qualifying seniors.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Clintonville
Clintonville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Clintonville, please visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Clintonville
Clintonville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Wisconsin are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Clintonville
Review of Care Partners Assisted Living in Clintonville
Care Partners is a very nice facility. Everything is on the ground floor and there are no stairs, so it's perfect for anybody who has issues with walking. It's centrally-located and they would be a... Read more
Review of Aster Assisted Living of Clintonville
Angelus was too institutionalized. It was an old hospital converted into a facility and it smelled like an old hospital. The rooms weren’t nearly as big. They had no stove, but it had a little beve... Read more
Review of Aster Assisted Living of Clintonville
The building itself is very nice, it used to be the Clintonville Hospital. The community rooms are large and have large windows. One of the family areas has a fireplace. Angelus has a shuttle to br... Read more