4 Assisted Living Facilities near Cedar Grove, WI
Also serving communities of Belgium, Random Lake.
There are 4 Assisted Living Facilities in the Cedar Grove area, with 2 in Cedar Grove and 2 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Cedar Grove is $4,250 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,420. Cheaper nearby regions include Port Washington with an average starting cost of $4,033.
To help you with your search, browse the 4 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Cedar Grove. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Cedar Grove 3.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Sheboygan with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Cedar Grove, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Cedar Grove, WI
2 Assisted Living Facilities near Cedar Grove, WI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Cedar Grove
The tiny village of Cedar Grove is nestled along the shores of Lake Michigan in Wisconsin and is home to approximately 318 seniors. This small village gives retirees the benefits of small town living with big city amenities located in nearby cities. The area’s seniors can enjoy their days strolling through Memorial Park or Independence Park and eating lunch at the local eateries and family diners. When residents feel like taking in some history at a museum or shopping up a storm, there are numerous museums and shopping malls all located within a 12-mile radius of the city. Seniors who require extra help with daily living tasks may benefit from living in one of Cedar Grove’s two assisted living facilities. For those seniors who prefer to live closer to the action, there are two more facilities located in the nearby cities of Belgium and Random Lake.
Assisted living facilities in Cedar Grove and throughout Wisconsin are licensed by the Wisconsin Department of Health Services, Bureau of Assisted Living.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Cedar Grove
- Social Security benefits and public pensions are not taxed in Wisconsin which could allow Cedar Grove seniors to have more money to put toward their assisted living budgets.
- Seniors with respiratory or cardiovascular issues could benefit from living in Cedar Grove. The village has an air quality rating of 86 out of 100 (best), almost 30 points higher than the national average of 58.
- Seniors who are worried about crime can feel safe in Cedar Grove. The city has a violent crime rate of 8.2 and a property crime rate of 21.6, both considerably lower than the U.S. averages of 22.7 and 35.4, respectively.
- The Cedar Grove has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Sheboygan.
- The overall cost of living in Cedar Grove is 101.2, higher than both the state average of 97.8 and the U.S. average of 100. Although seniors can expect to pay less for transportation and groceries, healthcare expenses run higher than the average at 111.1, which might be a concern to seniors with chronic health issues.
- Winter lows in Cedar Grove can dip down to 11 degrees and the village gets 44 inches of snow each year, almost double the national average of 28 inches, which could affect seniors using mobility aids.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Cedar Grove
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Wisconsin
Assisted Living costs in Cedar Grove start around $4,250 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Cedar Grove and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Cedar Grove
Wisconsin seniors living in Cedar Grove who need assistance with their assisted living expenses can get help from the SSI-E Supplement.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Cedar Grove
Cedar Grove and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Cedar Grove, please visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Cedar Grove
Cedar Grove-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Wisconsin are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Cedar Grove, WI
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Cedar Grove
Review of Cedar Grove Gardens I
Really nice place, nice caring staff, and pretty nice residents. This is a great place for those with mild dementia, physical disabilities, Alzheimer's, or just can't take care of themselves by th... Read more
Review of Cedar Grove Gardens I
very good place except one person there obviously can't handle her job and is always complaining about it or the people. Read more
Review of Cedar Grove Gardens I
My father recently lived in Cedar Grove Gardens II. He got terminally ill and was VERY well taken care of. He passed away in May. The manager, Stephanie, did an excellent job with my father and ... Read more